How accurate would you want your Hornet?

How accurate would you want your Hornet?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. How accurate would you want your Hornet?

• I want a Hornet as real as possible, even if I have to wait a long time before I get it.
    • I don't mind if it's not totally accurate at the beginning. ED could patch it afterwards.
    • I don't care if it's accurate or not. I just want to fly the Hornet.
    • I'm not interested in flying the Hornet.

To make a follow up from this thread I thought it would be interesting to make this poll. The fact is that we are the community, we are the ones that buy their products in the first place so I would like ED to pay attention to this poll. It's important to have as many votes as possible. It would also be nice if someone speaking russian would translate it and post it in the russian forum too.

I would also appreciate if a mod could make it a sticky for a week or so and to have ED comment as results start to come in.

So for those of you who would be interested in flying a F/A-18 in a future ED sim, how accurate would you want it to be?

• I prefer to wait until all the information becomes available before ED makes the Hornet so that it is as close to the reality as possible.
  • I wouldn't mind if the Hornet was not completely accurate at the beginning. ED could patch it up as new information becomes available.
  • I don't care if it's accurate or not. I just want to fly a Hornet.
  • I'm not interested in flying the Hornet.

• Like 1

-I'm not interested in flying the Hornet.

To further qualify my answer. Of course I would be interested to have the F/A-18, but I would be even more interested to fly another aircraft than the Hornet ( one that was featured that often in quality flightsims ).

Youll be waiting a LOOOONG time until all the info can be acquired to simulate the hornet even remotely correct. I can think of better a/c than the hornet that would be a. easier to represent and b. a lot less classified than the F/A-18. The AV-8B for starters...

The fact is that we are the community, we are the ones that buy their products in the first place so I would like ED to pay attention to this poll. It's important to have as many votes as possible. It would also be nice if someone speaking russian would translate it and post it in the russian forum too.

I would also appreciate if a mod could make it a sticky for a week or so and to have ED comment as results start to come in.

Well thank goodness you came along, to take care of the hard part! :sorcerer:

Making a flyable F/A-18 should be easy now, that we have this difficult poll out of the way.

:rolleyes:

-SK

Too many chiefs, not enough indians...

I would like to fly the hornet but never at the expense of the SIM's standards. The audiences would curse for another arcade SIM. Never no more another Janes USAF.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Well thank goodness you came along, to take care of the hard part! :sorcerer:

Making a flyable F/A-18 should be easy now, that we have this difficult poll out of the way.

:rolleyes:

-SK

Too many chiefs, not enough indians...

Ok?

I didn't make this poll so that the Hornet be easier to product but to know what the community wants from ED. There's something wrong with that?

Ok?

I didn't make this poll so that the Hornet be easier to product but to know what the community wants from ED. There's something wrong with that?

Well - maybe ED is more interested in accuracy than what a small cross-section of it's English-speaking wants?

The problem with a poll like this is that its been discussed to death allready. We wont see a flyable F/A-18 simply because theres too much classified information to model the plane correctly, or for that fact realistically. Anything that can be modeled in this game would be about 10% realistic to the actual machine, and thats just how it flies. The other 90% would be avionics, a2g radar, a2a radar, type of weapons it can deploy (even though this is well known) and how they are deployed. To top all THAT off, it would require extensive work to rewrite code into the engine to allow or a2g radar since it is currently not in the game. It wouldnt matter even if ED patched it numerous times...it wouldnt be modeled correctly until the US Navy de-classifies the rest of the Hornets capabilities.

Hate to say it but its a pointless poll that has been done to death.

Firstly: If you want a SIMULATION you're not going to be seeing the Hornet for a while for reasons that have been repeated many times over (and the fact that they've been repeated so often is why you got a ...erm...SLIGHTLY....sarcastic response from SwingKid). TBH I don't get why this subject keeps coming up. It's been beaten to death numerous times.

If you want a GAME well fine, but ED have stated they want to make accurate simulations, so chances are you'll have to look elsewhere for the moment for a flyable Hornet representation.

I'd also suggest you drop the "we can demand they make something since we pay for it" attitude. All it does is get folks' backs up and ensures you won't be taken seriously. You can't try and foce a company to make what you want. All you can do is look at the product they present and decide whether to spend your money on it or not.

ED have done their research. Don't forget both FC and Black Shark were envisioned with the Russian market in mind. The fact that they've been able to find outlets in the west and get around the licence contract that Ubi holds on the LOMAC trademark is a bonus....For us as well as them.

Just as an aside - one of the devs posted recently that they had obtained accurate descriptions for almost the whole avionics symbology for the F/A-18 A and B versions.

Think it was in the SuperHornet thread.

Performance data still may not be readily available, but either ED have been sneaky or we were mistaken in believing that the TAC manual was the be-all and end-all of all this information.

We are constantly getting something new for various aircrafts. Rescently we was able to obtain the complete symbology description for very rescent F/A-18A/B versions. F/A-18C/D (and especially F/A-18E/F) is still a problem in some aspects. Fortunately TAC-series is not only possible official source for symbology and avionics descriptions.

Seriously, don't count your chickens - but it is faintly possible that the information may be obtainable one day, and A2G radar will almost certainly be modelled in the event that ED complete their F16 sim.

So . . . . . maybe, a few years in the future, after we've had our F16, we might get a Hornet as well. Just maybe.

For the moment though . . . . . all above reasoning is true, the information isn't there.

How do you like your Hornet? I must say I love the question, just to daydream a little. The Hornet is so eighties!

Remembers me my youth. The first computer jet! Those 3 green MFD's (at least in the early models) that remind so much of the classic MS-DOS screens.

I find current jets like Superbug and Block 60 Viper so Windows XP, the F-35 will be worse. I imagine the WSO will have to work his way through flashy adds and malware popups to get the job done, getting spammed by Pentagon a****t mails all along.

So: linux lovers and other command line interpreter freaks vote for the vintage Hornet!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OMG ROFLMAO

My PC specs below:

Why so many humans get fun from crap like that, ill never understand....I hope I never do

Its funny because cats dont get hurt like that, not on cardboard walls anyway. They are suprisingly tough, I know I had a cat and when it was just a kitten it climbed everywhere and fell for heights I though to kill it easely.

My PC specs below:

It seems cruel to ask what the community wants, without being able to give it to them...

http://www.trackpads.com/video/index.php?action=showpic&cat=12&pic=753

;)

-SK

I love this type of reply. You guys must have a list of tactics somewhere.

:joystick: ---------- distraction from the real issue is such an effective tactical weapon against those who dont know any better.

BTW- , and I think this is a compliment on the devs on my part, I think ED's best guess for a Hornet in this simulation would be a huge success considering that the very guess work they claim they will not do for the F18 has already been done for the F15C. Makes me wonder why they tell our country it must sacrifice its national security by declassifying documents deemed sensitive enough to compromise the safety of the same people who protect us to even consider building a flight sim with one F18 hornet. No, I think ED is smarter than that.

I remember one time I asked my mom when we were going to be rich enough to buy a mansion. Her reply was "when we win the lottery". At the time I consumed myself with the fact that we had to win the lottery to be rich enough to get what i wanted but in my haste I over looked a very important fact. I had a 1 in a million chance of winning in other words this was my moms way of saying never. In our haste as a community we over look what ED is really telling us "Unofficially". Well Unoffically we have a better chance of winning the lottery people ...... wonder why?:noexpression:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BTW- , and I think this is a compliment on the devs on my part, I think ED's best guess for a Hornet in this simulation would be a huge success considering that the very guess work they claim they will not do for the F18 has already been done for the F15C. Makes me wonder why they tell our country it must sacrifice its national security by declassifying documents deemed sensitive enough to compromise the safety of the same people who protect us to even consider building a flight sim with one F18 hornet. No, I think ED is smarter than that.

Wrong - the information was available for the F15, it wasn't for the Hornet.

It's to do with Sailors 'n stuff.

Wrong - the information was available for the F15, it wasn't for the Hornet.

It's to do with Sailors 'n stuff.

hehe ... funny thing is if ED has this info that im so wrong about, then why is the F15C still not modeled correctly avionics wise? You need to ask around before you misuse the "W" word its well known that a considerable amount of guess work went into the F15 in this game.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hehe ... funny thing is if ED has this info that im so wrong about, then why is the F15C still not modeled correctly avionics wise? You need to ask around before you misuse the "W" word its well known that a considerable amount of guess work went into the F15 in this game.:thumbup:

It is?

Please describe how?

I believe it's correct that omissions were made - but if you're modelled an early F-15C (i.e. with the same radar as the F-15A to which ED have the flight manual), then to the depth that it is modelled in Lomac then the radar should be accurate.

'Copy and paste'.

I won't say more :P

Ok, just a couple thigns more to put it in context: Rush rush rush release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I think the simple reason why there has not been an F18 in this Sim is because it does not have the ability to acurately represent A to G Radar.

I am sure that ED will Add the F18 to a future project.