US 610 Gal. Fuel Tank for F-15C

I've been working on this for a few days in my spare time. The main thing to look at in the rendering is the curvature and shape of the fuel tank body. The fin and suspension lugs are placeholders and are not finalized yet. The fuel tank is 660 polys right now - i figure the final model will be right around 1000 :thumbup: .

61072rn.th.jpg

If anyone has detailed photos or measurements - anything you think could be helpful in making the model or skin - please post it here or send it to me via PM.

iVIPER21sig2.jpg

wow...looks great buddy. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I never thought a fuel tank could be so sexy...................till now. Nice job Viper.

Haha!

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Idk if these are any good for you. Its hard to find really good pics of the tanks.

Both of those are good pics! Thanks! The more references I have to check and double check against the model - the better. Sometimes I can pick up tiny details in one pic and not see it in another, so the more info the better. Most important now would be a true length measurement. Right now I am using an indirect measurement (temporary).

iVIPER21sig2.jpg

Now we just need the damn mig-29 fuel tanks (the middle one)

I didn't understand what's wrong with default centerline fuel tank, I see nothing wrong...it works and looks realistic...

I dunno if you have looked at the Mig-29 central fuel tanks, but...its pretty damn ugly :music_whistling:

tank3.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank1.jpg

Yea...i think we need a new one lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, that f15 close up of the tank is really good wow! Do you plan on putting the rivits in the tank too or no?

Thanks! I will be putting in the bolts that hold the fin to the tank for sure. As for the rivets, I am going to see how it looks with the rivets as part of the skin. If it looks good then no need to add more polys - if not, then we shall see. Same goes for what looks like a fuel cap near the center of the tank.

iVIPER21sig2.jpg

I let them know I was working on it and gave them the link to this thread. My guess is that they want to see the finished model before making any decision.

Anyone know if BS will support bump mapping for sure? This would be a good idea for the rivets n' such on the tank instead of adding polys to the model.

iVIPER21sig2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

-modified tank shape

-added fuel hoses

-scaled and placed suspension lugs

perspective and left viewports:

610170jl.th.jpg 610183yv.th.jpg

to do list:

-cut out fuel cap shapes and indent them inwards

-make and place textures

-submit model to ED :thumbup: