TrackIR stops working... even if I delete TrackIR files from Config and Input folders

well I am quite aware that there is a problem with TrackIR and lock-on now (v1.12a) where it stops responding/working while in game... and I know the remedy should be to remove TrackIR file from "Config" and "Input" folders, but I keep doing that and the thing still stops working every now and then... it is really starting to pi55 me off :mad: ... I delete the damn files start the game again and it still does it :cry: .

Is there any REAL fix for this?

ps: I have read that this happens every time you go into game and change any settings by clicking on Options menu, and that you should delete the files after that, and I do that... but it still doesn't solve it permanently. I change any graphic setting by opening graphics.cfg file and I don't do it in game... but just doesn't do it... I don't know what the hell I am doing wrong:huh:

No longer active in DCS...

Guest pedrosura

Make sure....

Make sure that after you test out track ir (head, tracking, etc...)you minimize it (not quit it) and it is not running in the backround of the desktop.

errr... seems like it helps when I reinstall WindowsXP Service Pack 2, then TrackIR doesn't seem to stop working... I bet this bug has to do with USB drivers, some conflict with lock-on and track IR drivers or windows drivers of some kind... hmmm, ah well... at least it helps

No longer active in DCS...

• 2 weeks later...

TrackIR stops working....

Hi Kuky

Yes I'm getting the same prob :mad: ... think you're correct in what you say... there must be a way around this, as it's a damn pain in the arse :wacko:

Can some kind guru please come up with a permanent FIX :helpsmilie: !!!

To fly without TrackIR is a no-no, and makes it impossible (for me anyway) :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"I ran out of altitude, airspeed and ideas all at the same time."

" A checkride ought to be like a skirt, short enough to be interesting but still be long enough to cover everything.":pilotfly:

To be honest I think it is the TrackIR device/software itself that is causing the problem.

With my TrackIR 3 Pro, I have often had to to unplug the USB cord and plug it back in to get it working again(just like Cali suggested).

I recently got a TrackIR 4 Pro, which stopped working at one point too - this time around the above procedure didn't help at all....only after removing the TrackIR software(via Add/Remove programs) and re-installing it did it start working again.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

TrackIR stops working...

Thanks there Alfa, I'll give it another try.

Strange thing is, it only occurs when I'm playing Lock-On? With Pacific Fighters, works just fine. So I think it has got to be a Lock-On related issue! (could be wrong though).:dunno:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"I ran out of altitude, airspeed and ideas all at the same time."

" A checkride ought to be like a skirt, short enough to be interesting but still be long enough to cover everything.":pilotfly:

Thanks there Alfa, I'll give it another try.

Strange thing is, it only occurs when I'm playing Lock-On? With Pacific Fighters, works just fine. So I think it has got to be a Lock-On related issue! (could be wrong though).:dunno:

Hang on Chalky.....just a thought - did you check whether you have any TrackIR "hotkeys" that might be activated by a lock-on command?

IIRC per default there is a hotkey that disables TrackIR - so if this key is e.g. "F7" and you press "F7" in lock-on(to watch ground units), then this will also disable your TrackIR from working.

Cheers,

- JJ.

• Like 1

JJ

TrackIR stops working...

Think you've found the answer Alfa :) I did a quick check, and sure enough ...

My TrackerIR commands are:

Enable = Pause

Center = Scrolllock

In 'Lock On' Options/Keyboard/Buttons/Combat :book: I see that ScrollLock is designated as: "Auto lock on nearest aircraft" I'll change it :blush: :thumbup:

Couldn't spot anything that would conflict with Enable = Pause TrackerIR, so I'm probably safe with that.

Much appreciated mate :notworthy:

Cheers

Chalky :bye_2: