So - Testers, are the new figures animated?

Weta43

those figures in the new screenshots at lockon.ru - is there any animation or do the crouching guys stay crouching, 'cause it looks like the guy beside the guy firing the stinger (Igla for the Russians) is crouching then stands up to signal for a launch...

Cheers.

Cool, new screenies.

I wonder if there's some diffrence in uniforms between f.e. US and RU

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• ED Team
those figures in the new screenshots at lockon.ru - is there any animation or do the crouching guys stay crouching, 'cause it looks like the guy beside the guy firing the stinger (Igla for the Russians) is crouching then stands up to signal for a launch...

They has a basic animation. The manpads can rotate with small foot steps and aiming at vertical. Igala commander with datalink pad haven’t animation. Stinger commander with outstretched arm have animation as manpad, he'll point to target.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Great - thanks for the reply.

Do they come as a group, or individually placeable (or both)?

& - did ED put the extra static objects Birdie's file edits added (trees, extra buildings etc) into the object list - or do we have to wait and see?

Cheers.

Check the file bomber.lom in your Lock On\bazar\world\shapes\ directory with Model Viewer tool that ED released. It's unfinished, but it has some nice animation.

And there is also a pretty Kirov class cruiser there :)

I wonder if those guys still explode when hit by a gun shell. Or do the scream, fall on the ground and call for medic? ;)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil WarBRD, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

^^^^Its a bad case of bone arthrites :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• ED Team

You can place each man one at a time or place site with two mans in group.

& - did ED put the extra static objects Birdie's file edits added (trees, extra buildings etc) into the object list - or do we have to wait and see?

Not. I do not certainty clear about extra buildings. What is it?

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Could be possible to have Shaved Rebels or not Shaved Rebels.

Not all " irregular combatants " have beard .

This guys are really ugly. LOL

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Chizh, can u implement regular soldiers on the battlefield. Change the damage model probably to a few torn clothes (1 poly tex) on the ground on firing at them instead of an explosion.

What I mean is:

Add some low poly ground soldier models with AK's or M-64's. Allow us to add some of them in specific transporter vehicles. Once the vehicle stops, they can get out (one flash animation of vehicle stop and soldiers appear on ground posed specifically). :p

We can then do mechanics like ..destroy a specific APC's carrying certain crew for repair of heli pads etc. :p So now the heli pad will remain unrepaired. A dependent system in total. Battlefied from the sky can be seen as tanks rolling past, infantry on the side firing their little guns :p

lol! now that would rock. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Chizh,

I was talking about this:

"This Mod adds some 100 objects to the dropdown-list in LockOn’s mission editor. This is done by editing the meinit.xml file in folder ...lockon\ME.

Proceed as follows:"

http://home.planet.nl/~monfro/666th/lockon/editor-mod.htm

Cheers.

The whole non-animated animation thing would be fine for keeping the workload down, but the visual effect up.

A model of someone standing that changes direction as the present manpads do, which changes to a (non-animated) running figure while the figure moves & to a model of them lying down flat when he dies.

You could have the basic 'soldier' actually be a group (of 15?) spread out over a small area. To keep the computing simple they're actually all one AI unit so all run together, all stop together, all turn together, all die together. No more work as an AI entity than a single vehicle. Populates the battlefield, Each individual 'soldier' has a gun, but the unit fights as a unit, keep ballistic calculations simple by only having one of the individual weapons in the unit firing at any given time, but cycle which individual weapon is firing fairly quickly ( Upside - some 'soilders' would have a clear shot, others might not. Downside - everyone attacks the same thing).

Cheers.

Will the trees be added in the mission editor in the building section as an object to customize bases & map area?

Looking Good ED :thumbup:

Cheers

If you use the mod that I linked to above, trees, forests & additional buildings appear in the static objects list & can be placed on the map

trees_166

trees_166_166

trees_166_250

trees_166_375

trees_166_562

trees_166_843

trees_166_1265

trees_166_1898

trees_250

trees_250_250

trees_250_375

trees_250_562

trees_250_843

trees_250_1265

trees_250_1898

trees_375

trees_375_375

trees_375_562

trees_375_843

trees_375_1265

trees_375_1898

trees_562

trees_562_562

trees_562_843

trees_562_1265

trees_562_1898

trees_562_a

trees_843

trees_843_a

trees_1265

trees_1265_a

trees_1265_1898

trees_1898

trees_1898_a

trees_2847

trees_2847_a

forest_1

forest_2

forest_3

forest_4

forest_5

forest_6

forest_7

forest_8

forest_9

forest_10

forest_11

forest_12

forest_13

forest_14

forest_15

korpus_a

korpus_a1

korpus_b

korpus_b1

korpus_c

korpus_d

hotel_a

hotel_b

hotel_c

dom2a

dom2b

home1_a

home1_b

home1_c

home1ug_a

home1ug_b

home1ug_c

home2_c

home3_a

home3_b

home3_c

home3_d

home3_e

home9a

home16_bash

home16_twin

home16a_bash

home5m

kotelnaya_b

gradir

elevator

elevatorchik

korpus_atom

ceh_a

ceh_a1

ceh_b

ceh_b1

ceh_c

ceh_d

TRUBOPROVOD_A

d_sad_a

skladik

konteiners_red

an-2m

mig19-monument

radio-st

meteoburo

stadion_small

elektrowoz

wagon-gruz

wagon-cisterna

wagon-pass

kran-stroi

kran_bash

KRAN_PORT

rls-37

prw-11

rsp-7

zapros

fighter-1-crush

atz-60

observ

muzey

klub_a

klub_b

cinema_a

Cheers.

If you use the mod that I linked to above, trees, forests & additional buildings appear in the static objects list & can be placed on the map

Thanks but will it reflects on clients?

Since it's "possible" then why not make it standard without having to mod it. Mod usually only reflects your on view perspective in game play (like having your own mod skin of your aircraft). Having the trees standardize as possible will allow more flexibility for mission creators. So the host can implement different aspect in landscaping, without asking the clients to install mod's.

What about this little fella:

http://lockon.co.uk/img/products/large/45be5b15615df8e938f828e962589f61.jpg

i dont see a manpad near him. He could just be one of the spotters but it appears he has something slung over his shoulder? Could just be me though :noexpression:

Would be awesome to have infantry forces. fingers crossed :thumbup:

Kif

Guest IguanaKing

What?!!! No ACUs or MARPATs for US personnel?!!! OUTRAGE!!!

Heh...just kidding. Although the clothing skins of the US personnel ARE a little out-dated, the detail on that M-2 is absolutely smokin'!! :D

Who is the bearded fellow with the Igla? Wouldn't happen to be a "certain type" of enemy would he? :smilewink: :smilewink:

Kindred - I don't know if they show for clients - pm birdie? As for making it standard - that's what I was asking when I brought it up - had these been added to the standard list for BS as they are both useful & an easy addition (10 min work for a noob at it like me)

If I get time I'll post a mission file with some of those objects in it & a screenshot & you can see if there's anything there on your machine.

Cheers.