New FSX Demo

yea, btw...i thought FSX would be backwards compatible for all previous addons and planes. When i tried the FSX demo, the aircraft, gauges...etc folder is no longer in the root folder IIRC. I was wondering what do i have to do in order to put in my aircrafts- either that or it may have been just in the demo version and the full version would be different...i dunno...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yea, btw...i thought FSX would be backwards compatible for all previous addons and planes. When i tried the FSX demo, the aircraft, gauges...etc folder is no longer in the root folder IIRC. I was wondering what do i have to do in order to put in my aircrafts- either that or it may have been just in the demo version and the full version would be different...i dunno...

It still is.

Guages folder is still there in the root directory.

Aircraft's folder is now under Simobjects > Airplanes

Only problem that might occur with using FS9 planes in FSX is regarding the new engine and effects such as real time shadows, bump mapping, ect, which may cause the FS9 plane to become a tad' transparent. The majority of payware developers are releasing freeware patches to easily upgrade them to FSX standard, and I assume freeware groups will as well.

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

yea they should have left the folders in the same place so it would be easier to install previous addons. Like some addons are in an exe file so they install the aircraft folder straight into the root folder of FSX. But as you said that folder no longer exist so you have to move it Last time i tried installing my F-14 into FSX and it becam corrupted one i moved the folder into the new one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice, this new demoversion is sooooo much better than the first one, and now I am realy looking forward for the sales version - the first was real "anti-advertisement".

But 2 questions:

1. TrackIR is not working, is the trackIR-Alpha only for the FSX test-version, or can I also use it with the demo? If yes, how?

2. I copied the DeHavilland from demo-1 to demo-2, but the plane is not visible there. Any suggestions?

How can previous FlightSimulator (raw) versions FMs work on newer FSX??? For me (may I be wrong) it should mean FSX FMs are nearly the same that in previous versions...with the same holes in their flight envelopes...UFO behaviour...:(

How can previous FlightSimulator (raw) versions FMs work on newer FSX??? For me (may I be wrong) it should mean FSX FMs are nearly the same that in previous versions...with the same holes in their flight envelopes...UFO behaviour...:(

Why not? The FM's in FS don't have anything to do with the engine, but simply come with each plane in their airfile. They can be simply edited with quick changes of numbers and such. I guess the FS team just spent more time making the numbers more thorough.

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

Nice, this new demoversion is sooooo much better than the first one, and now I am realy looking forward for the sales version - the first was real "anti-advertisement".

But 2 questions:

1. TrackIR is not working, is the trackIR-Alpha only for the FSX test-version, or can I also use it with the demo? If yes, how?

2. I copied the DeHavilland from demo-1 to demo-2, but the plane is not visible there. Any suggestions?

1. You need to place the TrackIR module in the Modules folder for it to work.

2. You aren't placing it in the correct directory. Place airplane models in the FSX > Simobjects > Airplanes folder.

GuageS, sound, ect folders remain the same. You need to move ALL content over.

Now answer one of My questions. Exactly how is this demo better than the previous version? What I wonder the most is if there are performance fixes and bug fixes?

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

Why not? The FM's in FS don't have anything to do with the engine, but simply come with each plane in their airfile. They can be simply edited with quick changes of numbers and such. I guess the FS team just spent more time making the numbers more thorough.

Ok, but that means FM has the same buggish structure...

Call me stupid, but what trackIR module do you mean? FS9, LOMAC and a lot of other games work without this, so I realy have no idea what module is missing.

2. You aren't placing it in the correct directory. Place airplane models in the FSX > Simobjects > Airplanes folder.

GuageS, sound, ect folders remain the same. You need to move ALL content over.

I did. I copied the aircraftfolder into FSX > Simobjects > Airplanes folder. In this case I am not stupid :) But the beaver is invisible.

I doubt that copying the sound and effects folder will solve the problem, and I don't want to mess up the newer version with older beta files.

Now answer one of My questions. Exactly how is this demo better than the previous version? What I wonder the most is if there are performance fixes and bug fixes?

Well, for me the graphic is the most important part in a simulation. Of course the FM is important too, but when I fly a virtual airplane I want to look outside the windows and forget the reality here in front of my screen :)

Demo 2 now has *very* nice water. The waves are looking incredible realistic. The water is mirroring everything, clouds, islands, buildings, trees, even a very low flying aircraft. The picture in the water will be twisted by the waves...but the shadow won't (thats the only odd and a bit disturbing :)) Even the swimming pool on the luxury-liner is reflecting the heaven.

In demo 1 the menu-point "plane is casting shadows on itselfes" made the hole plane illuminated by the flashlights in a very strange and unnatural way -> fixed - looks good and realistic now.

The windows of the airplanes now appear like real glas. Very realistic reflections and colors. From inside the cockpits you also see reflections of the internals.

Less problems with the "level of detail update". Demo 1 tended to forgot to update e.g. the gound details and you where flying across *very* lowres landscapes. Can't explain it better, sorry.

Just a few facts I can recall in the moment. In total everything is looking "more finished" ... can't explain it better, its more a "feeling" but now I realy like the graphics...

Ok. I´ve just tried the new demo and the r22 Robinson chopper and..I´m quite satisfied!:thumbup:

Altough new chopper FM is not yet perfect (no sim is...ok, with the exception of BS;) ), the overall feeling is enough good for me. The only FS9 residual vice I´ve found is that chopper keeps oposing to going backwards...but this time only when forced to doing that at moderated/high speeds, something that could be well into the "realistic" limits. Hovering now has become a fact (alelluya!!!) and response to stick/throttle imputs is smooth in the whole envelope (the one I´ve tried) with no odd (ugly) transitions after severe actitude/velocity changes...Unlike FS9, FSX choppers seems to be "infinite loops departure" resistant:P

I hate to say this but...I´ll give my €s to micro€oft:cry:

Could You write about this subject?

Which file (write a name or put a screen) from Naturalpoin folder? Im user of TiR4Pro and I see many dll with strange name but not just "module.dll" file. I think it isnt just like You wrote - its not easy, Naturalpoint writes "only full version of FSX support TIR"

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro