Does anyone intend to create a new SU-30MKI model for FC ?

Majesco

The above question is also for ED Team. My favourite plane is the 2 seat fighter Indian SU-30MKI and it would be great if someone modifies the shape of SU-27 into SU-30MKI or a new independent patch. I know some ED Team’s model designers are now working on models of SU-27, MiG-29 and SU-25T to make it more realistic.

I compared both SU-33 and SU-30 models by model viewer with some real SU-30MKI photos. The SU-30MKI is a combination between Su-30 and SU-33 and it’s a bit different from them, almost similar. SU-30MKI fuselage is as same as SU-30 in LO with new foreplane canards of SU-33 and new vector thrust control engines.

Doing this probably be more simple than making a new model, draw new foreplane canards more for Su-30MKI based on default two seat SU-30 model. The most difficulty might be new vector thrust control engines, the MKI needs new rotative engines different from Su-30, they control the direction of exhaust

20050930-MKI01.jpg

20050930-MKI04.jpg

20050930-MKI09.jpg

20050930-MKI03.jpg

20050930-MKI12.jpg

The problem with having the Su-30MKI in the game is (IMHO) out of Lock On's time frame. but hey...they added the Ka-50 so we're not really sure what lock on's time frame is. But its a bit weird to be flying our reg Su-27 and look off to the side to see the Su-30MKI, i mean, why aren't we fighting this war in that plane? Regardless, the only thing we can do is change the 3d shape of the model, so even though it does have thrust vector, it will not matter since the flight model will still be the reg Su-30. Making a new 3d model from scratch is a lot of work, but hopefully in the future we will see one. But since this is an AI aircraft, the priority is pretty low. Maybe it would be easier once we get a new Su-27 model (like what strikemax has been working on) and later change it to the Su-33, and then the Su-30. Unless you know how to use 3d max, i guess you can try to do something about it. For starters i guess u can probably change the shape of this Su-27 that's already in 3ds format made by krazyscotsman from the project phoenix forum.

Su-27 3ds model can be found at

http://www.phoenixosfs.org/scotsman/su27/su_27_3ds.3DS

Let me know if you have a problem getting it.

Krazy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do we really need any time frame?

I'd like ED to add all aircrafts they can so we have them in one program. It would be up to mission designers what type and even versions of the aircrafts to set on the battlefield.

Yes, add India and SU-30MKI. I'd love to see that.

oh and I'm still waiting for Poland to be added to this sim :)

I know there are mods for countries, but these country addons should be default for multiplayer compatibility.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

There was a glue accident with that canopy wanst there? :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

What's the point of having a SU-30MKI model when none of its thrust vectoring capabilities could be modeled ingame? We already have the Su-30, a SU-30MKI would be too much work for just asthetics. Not that I wouldnt want a new SU-30MKI model, the SU-30MKI IS my favored fighter aside from the SuperHornet..

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

I have a model and i will try to animate it.Here it is.

Nitpicking - but you shouldn't be able to see the turbine blades at the back of an afterburning engine. They're hidden by the injectors and flameholders for the afterburner :)

I believe this is an AL-31F - the thrust vectoring version of the engine, with the movable nozzle, otherwise identical AFAIK - observe for comparison:

http://www.araxfoto.com/gallery/data/media/20/AL-31F_AB.jpg

Nice model though :)

The above question is also for ED Team. My favourite plane is the 2 seat fighter Indian SU-30MKI and it would be great if someone modifies the shape of SU-27 into SU-30MKI or a new independent patch. I know some ED Team’s model designers are now working on models of SU-27, MiG-29 and SU-25T to make it more realistic.

I compared both SU-33 and SU-30 models by model viewer with some real SU-30MKI photos. The SU-30MKI is a combination between Su-30 and SU-33 and it’s a bit different from them, almost similar. SU-30MKI fuselage is as same as SU-30 in LO with new foreplane canards of SU-33 and new vector thrust control engines.

Doing this probably be more simple than making a new model, draw new foreplane canards more for Su-30MKI based on default two seat SU-30 model. The most difficulty might be new vector thrust control engines, the MKI needs new rotative engines different from Su-30, they control the direction of exhaust

We can't modify existing models - the tools ED have given us only go one way. If someone wanted to build an Su30MKI they'd have to do it from scratch

. . . . unless ED wanted to do it themselves.

There's a problem with making it flyable in that modelling it fully would be a nightmare. Take Black Shark's development time as an example.

Information on it is a bit sketchy, too . . . .

Thrust vectoring engines - I honestly don't know whether they're within the limits of the code. AFM may cover it, don't know.

I'd guess you could animate the nozzles simply using the control surface movement arguments - same for the canards.

IRL these are both controlled by the FBW system depending on what the aircraft's doing - the canards serve a different purpose to those on the Su33 and there's much more complexity in their movements.

Be nice to have, for all that!

Remenber to add LOD's. Or else FPS will suck. Good job!

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Is this better?

PS it wont be red allways.

Whoa, you're fast!

Ideally, the flameholders should be V-shaped in cross-section - the pointy end goes into the oncoming hot gases, the open end is facing backwards.

It's to provide a region of turbulent, lower speed air so the afterburner flames burn without blowing themselves out.

I'm not a modeller - what'll that do to the polygon count?

Beautiful model Pilot666!

Only a thing: from the first image you have posted, the model seems to have a

convex upper shape while the Su-30 have a concave one (hope to be clear enough... forgive my bad english!). Am I wrong?

Me too. I dont speak english good.But I think I understood you.Thanks to everybody.

Первым делом, первым делом самолеты...

©

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Athlon64X2 4400+; GTХ285 1024mb ddr3; 2GB RAM

В онлайне - DPilot

WOW! A Su-30MKI! That was unexpected...but I couldn't be happier! What aircraft model do you plan to replace, I assume the default AI SU-30.

Could you perhaps post a few more screenies of the model? Any shots of this model would win my heart over!

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Here are some screens of Su-30MKI in Lockon. Not animated yet.I made 2 additional pylons for it, so the MEint is almoust ready.Ofcourse it would replace Su-30.

http://lockon.nm.ru/ScreenShot_038.jpg

http://lockon.nm.ru/ScreenShot_039.jpg

http://lockon.nm.ru/ScreenShot_040.jpg

http://lockon.nm.ru/ScreenShot_041.jpg

©

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

В онлайне - DPilot

cool man, i just don't know how thrust vectoring is going to work since the afterburners only point 1 direction.

It wont work. Even if the afterburner had more than 1 device the manouverability would be the same.

©

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

В онлайне - DPilot

I have a model and i will try to animate it.Here it is.

Wow, your new model looks great, try to complete as soon as possible, I'm waiting for it

Pilot666, could you show me the link to download you raw model of SU-30MKI, I don't know anything about 3d design but I'd like to see your real model. I don't care about thrust vectoring, I only need the 2 seat SU-30MKI model with foreplane canards. If you can't do VTC, no problem, you can use default su-30 engines