A-10a Mission pack; trains and planes

three missions with trains in the lead role. The original Excel file with the train time-tables is also included in this Modman mission-pack: http://www.666th.co.uk/downloads/LOFC/LO_missions/A-10A_mission-pack_trains-planes.zip

All missions are designed without labels. The info in the briefing/map provides everything you need to complete a mission succesfully.

Note that the option 'civil traffic' in the graphics menu must be ON.

For optimum effect, have Birdy's scenery mod installed.

screenshot003qk4.th.jpg

--- prelude ---

We are in desperate need of personell and expect them to arrive by train today.The train left Maykop this morning and will pass the Jenem T-junction in approx. 20 minutes.

Recon troops spotted enemy scout cars patrolling Jenem city this morning. They have taken position at the railroad crossing near the railroad T-junction. We fear the enemy scouts found out the next train is a high value asset and that they have called in the infantery. We know BMP-2 and BMP-3 are stationed at the army base near Severskaja. At full speed they could arrive at the T-junction in approx 15 minutes leaving them plenty of time to take out the train.

--- Mission ---

You and your wingman will take off from Pashkovsky airfield and are tasked to take out the BMP's before they destroy the train. UH-60's dropped FAC troops east of Jenem city. They will lase the target for

you. If you follow your flightplath you should spot our train heading west halfway WP3 and WP4. You are free to engage any east-bound trains.

Another A-10 will take off with you and fly SEAD in the target area.

--- Threats ---

SAM launchers and AAA have been spotted near Afipsky train station, 3nm from your target area. As long as you stay east of WP4, you should be outside the threat circle.

No enemy fighters are expected.

--- take off / landing ---

We've armed your A-10 as fast as we could. One Maverick is giving us some problems but we should have fixed that in a minute or two. Spool up your engines and taxi as soon as we leave your airplane. To avoid collision with departing aircraft from runway 05R, climb to 4000ft after take off and do not head south before you've reached WP1.

Make sure the train reached the T-junction and is heading north before you RTB. On finals you will notice that an accident happened near the hold of runway 05R, so land at runway 05L (note that the ILS beacon of 05R is the only active one).

screenshot005dr9.th.jpg

--- Prelude ---

Russian forces are advancing further south into the Ukrain. Yesterday allied forces had to abondon Dzhankoy airfield in a hurry and by night fall Dzhankoy fell into enemy hands.

Huge amounts of small (but classified) militairy hardware was left behind at Dzhankoy and are now in enemy hands. Eye witnesses report they are being moved to Russia this morning by train.

--- Mission ---

Destroy the cargo train carrying classified hardware. The train just left Sovhoznoe (heading north) and is expected to arrive between WP3 and WP4 at 12:25hrs.

Another A10 flight just took off and will fly a holding pattern around WP1 at 7000ft awaiting your arrival.

--- Threats---

Russia managed to set up a some SAM sites in the last couple of days. Especially the SAMs at Sovhoznoe are a threat to this mission.

Enemy CAP flights are 70nm north of your target area.

Spanish F-18's and French M-2000's will take off from Saki AFB flying SEAD and CAP respectivly.

They are expected to arrive at WP1 at 12:12hrs flying at 7000ft. Fly a holding pattern at WP1 until they arrive.

screenshot002xl2.th.jpg

--- prelude ---

Russia's rising export price for energy lead to a crises within Georgia. Eastern Georgia is favouring Russia in an attempt to reduce prices but western Georgia wants to minimize the influence of mother Russia and is seeking help from NATO allies.

The geographical border of western and eastern minded Georgia is the Kodori river, 10nm east of Dandra airfield. Eastern georgia has put some groundforces near the Kodori border line and so all NATO Militairy forces currently stationed at Dandra airfield will be relocated to Gagra AFB.

A-10's and F-16C's flown in from Spangdahleim earlier this week to assist in any A2G operation out of Gagra AFB.

--- mission ---

Two trains have been spotted heading for the Kodori river allthough all traffic are forbidden to cross the river. Their intensions are therefor questionable. You will take part in a A10/F16 ground attack mission to stop the trains.

1) The train heading west might be an suicide attack attempt on NATO ammunition production- and storagefascilities at Ahali Kindgi. This train is your primairy target and it must be taken out before it reaches Ahali Kindgi.

2) The train heading east has no passengers and we want it simply taken out.

With their current speed, the trains should both arrive at WP2 around 14:12hrs. Your TOT marker for WP2 has been set accordingly

--- Threats ---

We know the Naochi train station (near WP2) is well defended with MANPADs and AAA. The F-16's will cluster bomb the train station area to elimenate this threat. Make sure the area is secure before you run in.

Your presence will most likely cause mobile SAM launchers to move from Ochamchira to your target area so destroy the trains and RTB asap. No A2A threats are expected.

--- Notes ---

You and your wingman are allready lined up for take off and should see the F-16s taking off in front of you. Watch out for departing traffic at Dandra airfield and aircraft on finals at Gagra AFB when you return

screenshot000np3.jpg

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

Tried flying the first two missions today and had problems with both. In the first, no trains appeared at the appointed times. I loitered well beyond 14:12 (I think that was the TOT) and still nothing.

In the 2nd mission, there's a fuel truck blocking my wing. So it's impossible to leave the parking area.

These are V1.12a missions?

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Yes, these are 1.12a missions.

The fuel truck leaves within 2 minutes (as stated in the briefing)

Do you have the civil traffic option set to yes?

There is a file (somewhere in the roads-folder I think) that influences train layout and speed. Do you have the original one?

Can you spot any other train mentioned in the Excel file at the specified time?

If you use your AGM-65D seeker head, the trains' IR image will stick out nicely to the autumn background.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated. I will help in any way I can.

PS: Like your tuto's BTW. The Su-25 visual landing tuto inspired me to make the A10 mission "cruise ship hijack"

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

Yes, these are 1.12a missions.

The fuel truck leaves within 2 minutes (as stated in the briefing)

(OK. This is weird. I posted a reply but it seems to have disappeared. So let's try this again.)

That's my fault for not reading the briefing more carefully. My apologies.

Do you have the civil traffic option set to yes?

There is a file (somewhere in the roads-folder I think) that influences train layout and speed. Do you have the original one?

Can you spot any other train mentioned in the Excel file at the specified time?

Turns out there's a problem with the V1.12a installation I normally used. I've added some mods and, evidently, one of them has turned off civilian traffic regardless of what's set in the graphic options. I reflew the first mission with my vanilla V1.12a installation and it worked as advertised.

If you use your AGM-65D seeker head, the trains' IR image will stick out nicely to the autumn background.

As it turns out, this is exactly how I played it. Used the AMG-65s to stop the trains and the Mk-20s to trash them. Definitely a fun mission. This is the first time in ages that I've actually paid attention to the +/- time readout on the HUD. A nice wrinkle to set my trim for a 2000 ft/min climb while also setting the throttle for +/- 0 on my way to the target area.

Thanks for the mission.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Just completed Mission 2. Great fun. Hit my TOT and wasted the bad guys while their AD were preoccupied. Great fun rolling in for a bomb run on the column and seeing missiles flying and exploding everywhere. :) Hosing an eastbound train with the gun was frosting on the cake.

Rich

_____

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...