New Sorbstiya, Sorbcja, Cорбция, ECM pod, the Thing, whatever

some1

Here it is:

screenshot107kd4.jpg

sorbtsya033yf4.jpg

Download link (UPDATED with LODs and corrected texture)

And before you start to complain about the positioning and other things :)

- the model must be symmetrical, because the same mesh is applied to left and right wing. In RL they are assymetrical (the also carry different equipement) and have nav lights built-in.

- the model must be aligned to x axis, same reason as above (but this can be walked round by modifying meinit.xml)

- the model must be positioned to cover the wingtip pylon. In RL this pylon is removed to carry ecm pod, and anoter mounting is attached.

Enjoy.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

And before you start to complain about the positioning and other things :)

- the model must be symmetrical, because the same mesh is applied to left and right wing. In RL they are assymetrical (the also carry different equipement) and have nav lights built-in.

- the model must be aligned to x axis, same reason as above (but this can be walked round by modifying meinit.xml)

- the model must be positioned to cover the wingtip pylon. In RL this pylon is removed to carry ecm pod, and anoter mounting is attached.

Enjoy.

Hmmn.

There are two CLSIDs for the Sorbtsiya pod in the MeInit. Each has a separate "Element Shapename".

If you create two separate Sorbtsiya models, one for left and one for right, and figure out which of the CLSID is which . . . . can you assign the correct shapes to the left and right ECM pods?

And does that mean you can put light sources on them?

;)

LockOn still allows us to carry 1xSorb.pod and 3xR-73s. Dunno if that's realistic. But from other network client's point of view it looks the plane that is carring this asymetric payload looks like it carries 2xSorb.pod and 2xR73, even that it can still shoot 3rd R-73 magically.

(yeah, just another bug)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

LockOn still allows us to carry 1xSorb.pod and 3xR-73s. Dunno if that's realistic. But from other network client's point of view it looks the plane that is carring this asymetric payload looks like it carries 2xSorb.pod and 2xR73, even that it can still shoot 3rd R-73 magically.

(yeah, just another bug)

I know that in the 'twin' configuration, one pod listens, the other jams - this increases processing capacity and also allows you to jam multiple threats under some circumstances. Operating a single one would likely degrade ECM capability and may even be impossible, depending on how things are programmed/wired. Unfortunately such matters are not modelled in LO.

It is my understanding that there's only one set of sorbitsyas taken along per four flankers, in real life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

@britgliderpilot

Tried your solution, but no effect. Different models for left and right pod are visible in payload editor, but in game only one model is loaded for both of them.

About the light sources - I don't have to, they are assinged to the airplane and seem to be visible almost in the right place.

@SuperKungFu

If you compare THIS photo with my screenshot you'll see that my model is even a bit shorter :) But that's probably due to a bit different camera FOV and angle.

@=FV=MAD

Thanks for the drawing. :thumbup:

Currently the model is without LOD's. It has 648 polygons (not sure if that's much for a weapon model)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

@britgliderpilot

Tried your solution, but no effect. Different models for left and right pod are visible in payload editor, but in game only one model is loaded for both of them.

Oh well, it was a neat idea :P

Guess the CLSID is linked directly to the shape file, then. Nevermind.

Are You gonna update you Sorbitsya pack once you set LOD?!

The reason I ask is the noticable FPS drop with new pods, drop is huge on my system. I haven't had such drop with Knell's PTB-1500, Walmis' F-15 so I figure it's due to LOD...

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are You gonna update you Sorbitsya pack once you set LOD?!

Yes, as soon as I figure out how to do it :)

Unfortunatley modifying meinit.xml doesn't work. Looks like the information which mesh to load for each object is stored somewhere else.

Anyway, here are two different models and my meinit.xml file.

sorbstyia.zip

I updated the model with LODs, check the download link on the first page.

Thanks man, even though really I didn't notice any FPS drop, looks good though...

Just a question though, you got the 3D model overlayed on a PSD perhaps?

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

I didn't split the model into parts for texturing. The unwraping from 3dsmax worked well in this case, so I left it this way. But now I realized that it will be harder to make a more detailed texture for it (wrong proportions between x and y axis). :(

I will have to fix it :)

Gotcha on the mapping. I figure you can get away with half or split it up but then again, it's pretty good as it is right now, much appreciated ;)

I corrected texture (now it's 2:1 aspect ratio), updated download link on the first page and uploaded the final version (number 1.2) to Lockonfiles :)

I corrected texture (now it's 2:1 aspect ratio), updated download link on the first page and uploaded the final version (number 1.2) to Lockonfiles :)
OK, but...I can't find them anywhere at LOFiles! They're not in 'Newest downloads' nor 'Models' section!

Thomas?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]