Good News

Okay, so its now public:

Вантала: In "Flanker" you could see the static objects placed on the map. Maybe this picture should be brought back?

Chizh: All hopes are for the new mission editor.

NAEMNIK: Which will be in BS?

Chizh: I hope so.

There are other tid-bits in there about a possible simple resource management system for helicopter FFARPs, where the presence of refueling and starter trucks and weapons depos will be required for power generation on start-up, as well as rearming and refueling the helicopter.

Anyway, original thread here:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=5679

This latest info starts with post# 1851.

**NO PROMISES!!** :)

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

In addition, the Ka-50 can change payloads in-game.

Would be nifty if the 25T could change payloads in-game; Yes, very Nifty Indeed.........

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

This is HANDS DOWN the biggest news since the initial release of Lock-on . . .

If ED can put as much love into the new ME as they have the AFM for the Su-25 and Ka-50, then I believe we can expect GREAT things for Lock-on in the future . . .

This is a feature that will benefit every Lock-on pilot, be it a2a, a2g, or now helo guys . . . mission builders or casual pilots. Expect to see more community-made missions and campaigns for the single player guys, and expect better and more varied missions for the multiplayer servers . . .

Heres to you, ED--I hope you can pull this off!!

Don't get ahead of yourselves and imagine who-knows-what.

I would think the ME in BS will just be v 1.0 of the new stuff, and after there will likely be more to come.

ED has been and is laying a foundation to build on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Don't get ahead of yourselves and imagine who-knows-what.

I would think the ME in BS will just be v 1.0 of the new stuff, and after there will likely be more to come.

ED has been and is laying a foundation to build on.

Yeah, same with AFM. ED laid the "foundation to build on" with the 25 and 25T, each new aircraft they build will benefit from this. Same thing with the clickable 6dof pit for the the Ka-50, I`m sure subsequent flyables they develop will also have one. So logically, the new ME is just the beginning to a MUCH brighter future.

Any idea how 'new' it will be? New as in fundamentally new code (like AFM vs. SFM), or is it limited to a new interface and some additional features?

Well, as GG said, its new. But the ME's scope of functionality depends largely on the AI, which is a whole other (closed for discussion) matter.

I'd be optimistic though. But then again, I'm a fanboy. :)

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules

No, rewritten from scratch. Wether it'll /look/ new is another matter.

Did somebody finally explained to ED what "user-friendly" term means? ;) If it has copy/paste and multiple step undo options it's already a revolution! LOL

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I am very happy about this development. If it is a new editor build from scratch, it can only mean that ED realy has listened to our concerns and suggestions. Even if it is just a start, it is certainly a start in the right direction.

Altough I have had that attitude since quite a while, the more I hear about BS the more I am certain that BS is a true successor to LOMAC rather than a addon. I wouldn't wonder if it turns out as a standalone product in the end...

Great News. So great that I can wait longer for this :D .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

In response to questions about the New Year’s screenshots (Ka-50 at night):

Chizh: Yes. We have 28 virtual satellites flying for the NAVSTAR system and 24 for the GLONASS system. We modeled the real process of determining helicopter coordinates based on satellite signals.

It will be possible to remove or add satellites into the simulation via scripts. For example, its possible to simulate a situation where some of the satellites are disabled for some reason, resulting in inaccurate GPS navigation with significant errors.

The helicopter has an inertial navigation system, the coordinates for which are updated by GPS every 5 minutes. Also, its possible to update the INS manually by flying over a point of known coordinates, or by using the Shkval system to lock onto an object with known coordinates.

We made a very detailed simulation of the ABRIS. About 80% of the real functionality is copied. The ABRIS section of the manual is currently 125 pages long.

The ADF (automatic direction finder) is already modeled.

• Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules

It would be nice, then you'd have to model the old ASAT program and other assorted stuff.

But it does sound great, though I would think landing at a FARP and reloading weapons on a helo is more logical and would be easier. But if they add it to aircraft, then so be it :D

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Guest IguanaKing

24 satellites in GLONASS? Sounds like the Russians in the LOMAC world have been very busy. :D Only between 8 and 12 are fully operational at this point, AFAIK.

In addition, the Ka-50 can change payloads in-game.

Interesting! Now we can change lope in online game :D

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |