New screen 29.12.2006

Kusch

Ah, so the light cone of the rotating beacon is actually modelled? That's amazing! And thanks about the LWS infos - the reset detail sounds like something that will actually kill me over and over again as I will allways forget it... ;) I love it! :)

Felix

By the way, does anyone know where the red light on the side of the building comes from? It seems to far away for the left nav light.

I would imagine the strobe light on the belly is what's causing this.

Also, could anyone in the know please go into detail on how the LWR works and what its lights indicate (if possible)?

The 4 red lights indicate direction, and for now that's all I can tell you :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The Ka-50, btw, because some of you are asking, is modelled without RWR.

There's an LWR: http://www.lockon.ru/img/products/large/d3e1a4a176cf62f0228f07f9b5637335.jpg

It is the instrument on the top left corner with the five red bulbs (unlit) 4 of them arranged in a square turned to stand on a corner.

Thanks!

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

With buttons and lights above the window, it looks like a real cockpit you'd see in a jet-liner.

At night to buildings have lights already ?

Looks like the self-shadowing has improved.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Hmmm... What it is this (White square then censorship):

bvr4.jpg

And fragment no censorship :)

bbbu9.jpg

That's what happens when getting photos from dodgy Chinese sites, with lots of them having crappy connections that are filtered 30 times before they can send something. Oh well, here they just datamine everything you do, beats all that paperwork ;)

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Chizh shared some things in the russian forum that IMO would be interesting for you. I decided to translate it and post it here:

We have modelled 28 virtual satelites of the NAVSTAR system and another 24 of the GLONASS system. Real procedure of helicopters positioning via satelites is modelled. It is aslo possible inside the sim to remove or add satelites using scripts. For example, it is possible to have situation when part of the satelites lose track for some reason and then the pilot will recieve fasle GPS navigation with big inaccuracy.

Onboard the helicopter is modelled inertial navigation system which receives GPS correction every 5 minutes. It also possible to correct the INS manualy passing over a point will known coordinates or by locking a ground object with known coordinates using the Shkval complex.

Yes, we have modelled the ABRIS system in details. 80% of the real functionality of this device are implemented in the sim. The section of the manual concerning the ABRIS is now 125 pages long.

Thats very similar to the F-16s INS update without GPS.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Hmmm... What it is this (White square then censorship):

It was guessed that these pictures are of the "25 yellow" airframe, which had the new laser warning and jamming system installed and the cencored parts of the cockpit have to do with controls/indicators for it.

You can see the system's external sensors, which include four recievers (two on either side of the nose and rear fusalage) and two turret-like jammers (adjacent to the main gear struts) here:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93596

For now, this is a one-off prototype, although reports indicate that it will be fitted to all in-service airframes. It is classified and not modelled in LOBS.

The panel in the upper-left corner is the UV-26 countermeasures control board. This is where the pilot programmes and initiates flare dispensing. In the airframe ED used as the prototype, the UV-26 is in the upper-right corner of the pit, as you can see in the screenshots.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules