Today's n00b discussion: the best mods/enhancements and how to get them...

So I suppose my first order of business after completing the install should be to install the LOMAN/MODMAN utility, correct?

If so, I now need some advice on the best tweaks to implement (not illegal or cheating ones for online play). Should I download some of the modded afterburner graphic files, if so, which one? What about the ZZZ sound pack, is this recommended? Finally, what about this alleged FPS tweak 2.0d. Flying all the planes would be fun, as will graphical enhancements, but I'd like some comment from you guys as to whether or not I should install this one. Please advise me on your favorite enhancements.

Since i got my computer i haven't installed much on LOMAC yet so am in a similar position of building up my copy of the game

As for the afterburner graphics get the afterburner texture by 'Oxyd' and the afterburner cone model by 'some1' the best combination of 'burner mods in my opinion.

http://lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=131#cat seond one from top

Since i got my computer i haven't installed much on LOMAC yet so am in a similar position of building up my copy of the game

As for the afterburner graphics get the afterburner texture by 'Oxyd' and the afterburner cone model by 'some1' the best combination of 'burner mods in my opinion.

http://lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=131#cat seond one from top

Agreed! Very nice mod.

any comments about the FPS tweak pack?

All depends on your system really and whether you think that you need a FPS improvement. Keep in mind that you will gain a FPS improvement with the Mod at the expense of inter alia your visibility range. With Modman however you can install it, test and uninstall without major complications so give it a go and see what happens. I personally disliked the tweaking of the LandLodDistances in the Mod which caused disappearing roads - saying that, it could very well only have influenced my system so the rendering of an objective opinion in this instance is very difficult.

Regarding Mods, I would highly recommend the installation of Birdy's Medium and High Scenery Mods.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Hi Everyone (first post virgin):angel:

The mods I like are the 'desert terrain', 'snow/winter terrain', 'Realistic A10A cockpit' and the improved tracer mod. I have attached a couple of screenies!

I think they improve the look and feel of this cracker of a game/sim!

Oh! and the soundpack that has the mask breathing on is always good for a little atmosphere and condensation :smilewink:

Cheers :drunk: DancinBear

desert.jpg.78e3433c14c0476f621e3e924c436914.jpg

summer.jpg.f8f67938728dfbd44bb7e06f7a630082.jpg

1320197610_tracerampsnow.jpg.104ae82cde9f7da4883c29c8ac8e15f8.jpg