Static Objects Pack 1 - Released

MBot

MBot_002.jpg

I am glad to announce the release of Static Objects Pack 1. This addon will add 13 new unique static objects to your mission editor to include in your missions or play someone elses mission using the pack. This is no simple 3d model swap, all objects are new and wont replace anything.

List of new objects:

-Ammunition Crates

-AreaGoal

-Battle Position

-Camouflaged Ammunition Depot

-Camouflaged Command Post

-Camouflaged Field Camp

-Camouflaged Fuel Depot

-Camouflage Net

-Foxhole

-Fuel Barrels

-ReactDelay15s

-ReactDelay30s

-Smoke Mark

Downloads:

www.virtual-jabog32.de

www.lockonfiles.com

Pease have a look at the readme to check important installation instructions and the explanation of some of the objects.

Please note that the MODMAN installation is not compatible with other meint.xml mods. If you have other meint.xml or graphics.cfg mods please refere to the manual installation guide in the readme.

Enjoy and happy ground pounding :)

• Like 6

Hopefully with ModMan 6 we'll see a meinit manager so people can install multiple mods that modify the meinit.xml without trouble.

EDIT: If you have modified your meinit.xml and still want to install this mod, you can follow the instructions in the readme. Another (easier way to do it) is to use the file by file mode in modman. Install all the files one at a time EXCEPT meinit.xml. Then just edit the meinit.xml according to the instructions in the readme.

EDIT2: If you installed Walmis's F-15 Mod, you'll have to edit both graphics.cfg and MEinit.xml manually as per the readme.

Great job MBot!

Doesn't the mod work with the russian version ?

In the Russian version works. But in it(him) the files meinit, from the English version of game are used, therefore at installation it mod. In the editor of missions, the names of planes, ground engineering and other objects become in English. On a card of the name of cities and another too on английском.вы can lay out a file meinit, from the Russian version of game, in which the static objects are registered.

Excuse for mine bad English:)

What Flanker is saying is that you replace the existing meinit which has russian names for the objects with a meinit that has english names.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Static Objects Mod;

MBot,

The Mod is cool.

I added it manually.

My vote goes to "Smoke Marker" and "AreaGoal"

Both great for AG missions.

Ques: Is the smoke never-ending or have a time-limit (duration ?)

I am going to change the smoke to RED or YELLOW though.

Best regards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

Smoke color

Well I checked into it and it aint gonna be easy.

I know I don't wanna pay 53.00USD to ZModeler to find out if that software can import .LOM files for me.

Would it be possible for you to provide different smoke marker colors ?

RED and YELLOW would be fun.

Best Regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

The smoke is never ending and you can't change the colour. This is because it is actualy the game effect for smoke chimneys :)

As for the russian version, it should be possible to update the meinit manauly as per the readme. This way you should keep the original words russian, only the new objects will have english names. Anyone who wants can also edit the names of the new objects, it is very easy actualy. I don't know what happens with mission compatibility between versions with different objects names tough.

Thanks for your kind words.

SmokeMarker Color,

MBot,

I tried to change the color of the SmokeMarker by change the color of the

SmokeMark.tga in the SOP1SumTGA.cdds file.

I changed the SmokeMark.tga to green/yellow but when I put the new

SOP1SumTGA.cdds back the color of the smoke did not change ?

Any Ideas ??

My SmokeMark-64X256.dds and NEW SOP1SumTGA.cdds attached:

http://media5.filewind.com/g.php?filepath=4356

Regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

christopher, the Smoke Mark object consists of the of the smoke effect you see above chimneys or ships. I just used this effect without any 3d model. Therefore it is not possible to change the colour, as the white colour of this sort of smoke is hardcoded.

The smokemark.tga is the texture for the LOD 1 model. Because the volumetric smoke effect is only displayed on a short distance, I added a LOD1 model ( just a white box ) that is drawed when the real smoke isn't displayed anymore. Changeing the colour of the smokemark.tga will therefore only affect the LOD1 model that is displayed from about 500m distance and beyond.

warthogmadman:

Yes, several of the objects have winter textures according to seasons.

• Like 1

LOD model

Yeh I saw that I had changed the LOD box to green,

I got a working copy of Zmodeler2 and opened the Smokemark.LOM file.

I was able to change the color of the smoke but then I saved (exported) the file as 3DS max file,

Then I treid to open it in 3DS max 7.0 but could not ??

I have the ability to save 3DS max file to LOM format with 3DMax 7.0

but I cannot get this Zmodeler2 to save to 3DS.max correctly ??

or maybe I am doing something wrong again.

Any Ideas again ??

OK thanks for your help.

Regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

No idea about the Zmodeler2 thing, I don't have that programm.

Like I said, you can't change the colour of the smoke anyway. Apart from the LOD1 box, you wont find any actual smoke in the file. The only thing you will see is a helper object with the name 'smoke', wich Lock On uses to interprete "create volumetric smoke effect here". The smoke comes from the Lock On engine itselfe, the model only tells the game where to put that smoke.

• 5 months later...