Polish MiG-29 atacked!!!

By Ball Lightning!

resizeofdsc00098zp5.jpg

''Tak wyglada miejsce w ktуrym piorun opuścił samolot, z relacji pilota wynika, że była to kula wielkości piłki do "ręki", przelatująca przez kabinę, o niespotykanie białej barwie. Ominęła go dosłownie o kilka centymetrуw, słyszalny był huk, po czym przestała działać elektronika''

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

Composites, you've never seen such materilas in raw state before?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• ED Team
''Tak wyglada miejsce w ktуrym piorun opuścił samolot, z relacji pilota wynika, że była to kula wielkości piłki do "ręki", przelatująca przez kabinę, o niespotykanie białej barwie. Ominęła go dosłownie o kilka centymetrуw, słyszalny był huk, po czym przestała działać elektronika''

Thats the place where the flash left the jet. As told by the pilot the ball was big like between a football or a "fist" flying through the cockpit with an unmatched white color. It missed him literally by some centimeters, he heard a loud sound and then the electronics stopped working.

''Tak wyglada miejsce w ktуrym piorun opu?ci? samolot, z relacji pilota wynika, ?e by?a to kula wielko?ci pi?ki do "r?ki", przelatuj?ca przez kabin?, o niespotykanie bia?ej barwie. Omin??a go dos?ownie o kilka centymetrуw, s?yszalny by? huk, po czym przesta?a dzia?a? elektronika''

That looks a place where thunder-ball left the aircraft. Pilot said the sphere was size of handball, it flew throught the cockpit and it was unusual white colour. Ball missed the pilot just about couple centimeters, he heard a big bang and then whole electronic stopped working.

EDIT: Damn Groove! You where faster mate! :lol:! :harhar:

I wonder how would modern fly by wire systems take this kind of “ball” lightning?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Composites, you've never seen such materilas in raw state before?

Of course I saw raw states of some composites like glass wool or kevlar.

But in the photo, it seems like wooden and frankly, I tought such parts of the aircraft are made of aluminum, titanium or whatever-ium...:)

The fins(especially the radiotransparent parts) are carbon-fiber composites, the same material is used for the nose radar radome.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Of course I saw raw states of some composites like glass wool or kevlar.

But in the photo, it seems like wooden and frankly, I tought such parts of the aircraft are made of aluminum, titanium or whatever-ium...:)

Na, mach 2 non stealth aircraft are all mostly made of composites except structs and certain items like horizontal tail plane axis where there will be more stresses, and areas most exposed to heat as well.

If you look closer on that picture it wont look like wood at all but small fibers wich make up every staked layers in that board of laminate composite. If you break a composite it will look threaded like that.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Any plausible theories on ball lightning out there yet? I have my own: transdimensional shifts of electric current that pass through from another dimension for some reason, held together by a strong EM field (photon torpedo with plasma to put it simply). :P I have great ideas while baked :P

really fascinating those ball lightnings, it almost seems like they are intelligent, maybe the 'hand of God' (aka alien lifeforms), or some complex phenomena beyond our current understanding of physics.

Please son't turn this into a 'F-15 rulez, my country is teh best' kind of thread, this is really, really interesting.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

There was an explanation of ball lightning recently. I don't have time to look up the article right now though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team

ball lighting explained with my superb english and not being a physician:

The secret isnt a secret anymore:

When a flash hits the ground it can ignite a special sort of silicium which is contained in the earth. So when this silicium is "burning" its getting into a state like plasma. This plasma can go through obstacles. But not like "warping" but it goes through the smallest holes in the obstacles. Like this microholes you have in a concrete wall.

Here an link:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19325863.500-lightning-balls-created-in-the-lab.html

Na, mach 2 non stealth aircraft are all mostly made of composites except structs and certain items like horizontal tail plane axis where there will be more stresses, and areas most exposed to heat as well.

If you look closer on that picture it wont look like wood at all but small fibers wich make up every staked layers in that board of laminate composite. If you break a composite it will look threaded like that.

Thanks for the reply and time...

Any plausible theories on ball lightning out there yet?
Serbian (later Serbian-American) scientist, Nikola Tesla was messing with ball lightnings and was able to reproduce them from what I know.

Tesla was attracting the energy of the lightnings through tall tower in Colorado Springs lab and was using that energy to produce ball lightnings.

That was the lab where the light bulbs worked without wirings and Tesla was producing hundreds of thousands of volts with Tesla’s transformer.

Nikola Tesla was born in Smiljane, village some 10 miles far from the village where my late mom was born. As a kid, my parents took me to a Tesla’s born house in Smiljane.

I visited Tesla’s Museums in Belgrade and Zagreb and have seen Tesla’s transformer in action. My kids held fluorescent bulbs that where energized (turned on) in their hands without wires (courtesy of Tesla’s museum in Belgrade, Serbia).

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Serbian (later Serbian-American) scientist, Nikola Tesla was messing with ball lightnings and was able to reproduce them from what I know.

No, he was not able to create ball lightnings and never intended to do so. He was researching new ways for wireless transmission of electrical energy.

Tesla was attracting the energy of the lightnings through tall tower in Colorado Springs lab and was using that energy to produce ball lightnings.

No, the Wardencliff Tower was part of a transmission system, which he wanted to introduce to the world. Unfortunatelly, before the system was fully tested and workable, he ran out of money. The tower structure later was demolished.

See http://www.divus.cz/umelec/en/pages/umelec.php?id=894&roc=2000&cis=1

for a picture of the tower and other Tesla stuff.

That was the lab where the light bulbs worked without wirings and Tesla was producing hundreds of thousands of volts with Tesla’s transformer.

In fact, Tesla had more than one lab. He had many of them in recent years, in different locations of the Eastern USA.

Nikola Tesla was born in Smiljane, village some 10 miles far from the village where my late mom was born. As a kid, my parents took me to a Tesla’s born house in Smiljane.

I visited Tesla’s Museums in Belgrade and Zagreb and have seen Tesla’s transformer in action. My kids held fluorescent bulbs that where energized (turned on) in their hands without wires (courtesy of Tesla’s museum in Belgrade, Serbia).

You can have the same if you put a neon lamp close to a radar antenna, the electrical field will make it lit.

For further reading on Tesla and his great inventions, I recommend the biograpy by Margaret Cheney and Robert Uth "Tesla - Master of Lightning", ISBN 1-58663-187-X

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]