Vista Problems

Hello!

I installed lockon v1.02 in vista. It works great when i log in with the admin account, however I would like to use the normal (limited) account. Whenever I run the program in this account an error window pop up lockon.entry.jpg

I edit the lock on folder security, giving complete access to this "normal account" meaning i can change ,delete, or right any file on it. So I guess, this error is related to a file outside this folder. What where?

BTW, the game runs after I click ok, but with only 15 FPS and no sound. From the admon account it gives me 60 or more FPS and excellent sound.

----

Another thing is a corruption in cokpit whenever I look down. Maybe Nvidia driver problem?

ScreenShot_006.jpgScreenShot_007.jpg

PS. i know this is the FC forum, but anyway, I thought also FC users could have similar problem to mine when runing vista. I'll defenetly upgrade when BS is out.

Greetings :pilotfly:

You need to right click on the .exe and choose to run as admin. I dont think giving permissions to the user account will do this.

The screen shots are a driver problem. Get the latest beta driver from www.guru3D.com It solved the same issue for me.

Also might want to install the latest DX9 software.

If you have upgraded the drivers and still have the problem with looking down in the cockpit, try changing these in the graphics.cfg

depending on the setting you use, Low, medium or high.

near_clip = 0.2;

middle_clip = 4.;

change to

near_clip = 1;

middle_clip = 1;

Solved the issue for me.

I managed to fix the graphics problems by reinstalling the Nvidia drivers (v100.65).

I still have problems running the game from the normal account. I right click on the exe file and select "Run as administrator" but the same just happens. I also tried running first Loman like administrator, and then launching Lockon from Loman, and it opens with no error popup window, and with audio, but with bad FPS. only 15 FPS and quite laggy (heavy).

Any ideas on what could be causing the problem?

tnx in advance

Mmmm... my bro's getting a similar error. except it's not letting him run lockon at all. He has vista too. it says "the program needs to terminate in "an unusual way"

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices