Friday 27th April 2007: Red Bear Rising (Movie)

Andrew_McP

****************Update for sake of clarity*****************

300Mb (800x600) version here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=56GWIA0W

95Mb version (640x480) here: http://rapidshare.com/files/28222717/mcp12_95Mb_.zip.html

95Mb mirror thanks to the good folk at JaboG32:

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=28&lang=en

YouTube version...

Red Bear Rising Part 1 (mostly foreplay ;-):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBBVbAbydo8

Red Bear Rising Part 2 (hardcore action):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ATp8po2jGY

In March I started work on a movie to promote and show off the 25T in Flaming Cliffs. It's set a little further on in time from my Tornado movie, and took just a little longer than I'd hoped.... because it was March 2006 when I started! But now it's *finally* time to kick the darned thing off my HD and out into cyberspace to fend for itself.

To be honest I'll be glad to see the back of it. We've been through the lovey-dovey stage where we were never apart, gone past the comfortable 'finishing each other's sentences' stage, and have now hardly spoken to each other for months even though we've been forced to spend a lot of time together for the sake of the kids. Time for a divorce. ;-)

The movie is over 17 minutes long (so you'll need a large bucket of popcorn and a toilet break half way through) and I've managed to squeeze it into about 95Mb on Rapidshare. I did upload a larger version to another free site, but the downloads were so slow I dumped it. This will do for now though; the quality's not as bad as I'd expected, given the length, and if there's enough interest I'll find somewhere with more elbow room at a later date (though probably not for the 900Mb version. ;-)

http://rapidshare.com/files/28222717/mcp12_95Mb_.zip.html 95Mb

http://www.andrew.mcp.dsl.pipex.com/project12a.jpg

Andrew McP

PS The main action in this movie was filmed from a single combat mission. I could probably have made a better movie if I'd cut & pasted several different combat missions together, but I'm a bit of a purist... I like to make movies which reflect the sim as it really flies (even if it did take me many attempts to get a track I was happy with!)

PPS If anyone missed the Tornado 'prequel' it's still live at...

http://rapidshare.com/files/17669387/mcp11_97mb.wmv.html

Just remember that if you download one movie from Rapidshare, you have to wait an hour or two before you can download another. Sorry about that, but RS is the best free site I've found so far, and the downloads are always fast (for me anyway!)

• Like 4

that movie is great!

But at the TV scene, would it not be better to see the bombs fall ur from the boms, in the head or so because in real life you cant see that:megalol:

But oh my god, how long did you work in this!!! It's so great!

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

Any chance hosting on a different site? Rapidshare and its IP checks pretty much porks downloads for me :(

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Andrew, I believe your excellent Tornado movie is still on LockonSkins movie section.

http://www.lockonskins.co.uk/?page=downloads&cat=84

Maybe you could put your new one up there for those who have a problem with RapidShare? Mr Wolf was asking for new things recently on this very Forum.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

that movie is great!

Thanks. :-)

But oh my god, how long did you work in this!!!

Far too long. Far, far, *far* too long. And then a little longer. :-) The project occupies about 190Gb of HD space, and I worked on the final editing stage on at least 62 different days. (I change the file names every time I start a fresh editing session).

Given the amount of time it took, and the effort I put into finding the right location, designing the mission, recording tracks, filming the results, and editing, the movie ought to be a lot better than it is! But I'm fairly pleased with the results.

Andrew McP

Mr Wolf was asking for new things recently on this very Forum.....

I'd rather not impose on anyone at this stage. They have to pay for their bandwidth, and these movies can suck an awful lot of it! My ISP's usually very good if I only abuse their bandwidth for a few days at a time, but I only have 50Mb, and the 50Mb version of RBR is truly awful. :-)

Andrew McP

wow..nice movie andrew. A pure lomac movie. :) good job buddy! :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

That movie was just insane. Man, you have way too much free time.

No serious, I like your style, that movie rocks! :thumbup:

edit:typo mistakes...

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

and I've managed to squeeze it into about 95Mb on Rapidshare. I did upload a larger version to another free site, but the downloads were so slow I dumped it.
I don't like RS. ;) If you still need webspace pass me a PM and i'll give you FTP access to my site. Currently I have some Gig's left over.
Lock+On+-+Su-33+TakeraEins+Selection+11.jpg

I don't like RS. ;) If you still need webspace pass me a PM and i'll give you FTP access to my site. Currently I have some Gig's left over.

It is easy

It is free

It is unlimited

It is the fastest available

It is the largest available

It is German :D

Please inform me why you don’t like RS?

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Red Bear Rising Part 1 (mostly foreplay ;-):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBBVbAbydo8

Red Bear Rising Part 2 (hardcore action):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ATp8po2jGY

Not ideal, and the timing badly out of sync at times, but hopefully accessible to all as a "taster". I'm hoping to upload a 300Mb version to Megaupload later, while I sleep.

Andrew McP

PS. Thanks a lot for the offer Roi D., but if past experience is anything to go by you'd need a *lot* of spare Gb. Someone did me a favour once with hosting and I bled him dry within a few hours, leaving him with nothing for the rest of the month. :-)

Mind you, that was back in the days when LOMAC attracted a lot more attention. Maybe by now we could get away with hosting LOMAC movies on a server connected by 56k modem? ;-)

Man, you have way too much free time.

I've always been very good at applying myself to pointless, unrewarding tasks. :-) And when I'm working hard on a movie (not all the time, obviously!) I do virtually no gaming, flying, or sitting in front of the TV... the movie soaks up all that "wasted" time.

If only I was able to invest the same amount of effort in learning the stock market or a career I might be in a position where I could pay GA to make my movies for me. :-)

Andrew McP

• ED Team

Nice movie andrew ;)

And i see you finally went "overboard" and used sound FX not found in lomac for a change, plus, you even applied some glow in some shots! :D

That's something i've not seen in any of your previous movies ;)

Thanks for the comments, those who I haven't replied to specifically. It's always nice to know what people think.

And i see you finally went "overboard" and used sound FX not found in lomac for a change, plus, you even applied some glow in some shots! :D

If LOMAC's sound didn't fall apart in complicated external views I'd be happy to use the in-sim stuff exclusively. Having to painstakingly rebuild the soundtrack and make it halfway convincing is a real PITA, and I've used non-LOMAC sounds before.

As for the glow... well, you know I'm not a huge fan of special effects; I like LOMAC movies to look like the sim they're promoting. But there's no harm at all in spicing things up a little. I just think it's important to use a teaspoon to add that spice, not a bucket. :-)

Otherwise the only changes I made visually were boosting the saturation slightly to improve the colours, a light unsharp mask, and a bit of sharpening. Oh, and the now compulsory explosion camera shake! I wasn't going to do that because it's not something LOMAC models, but having seen movies like yours even *I* expect to see a bit of camera shake now. You and others are slowly corrupting me! ;-)

Andrew McP

• Like 1

That's a REAL movie! watching in a single breath - great work:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

летаю на заказ, дорого...

"The FlankerForce"© -=приостановлено=-

Лучшее средство завоевания господства в воздухе - танк посередине ВПП © не установлено

АХТУНГ! эксперды атакуют!

Только отсутствие разведанных запасов нефти в Антарктиде, удерживает пингвинов от демократии.

• ED Team
Thanks for the comments, those who I haven't replied to specifically. It's always nice to know what people think.

If LOMAC's sound didn't fall apart in complicated external views I'd be happy to use the in-sim stuff exclusively. Having to painstakingly rebuild the soundtrack and make it halfway convincing is a real PITA, and I've used non-LOMAC sounds before.

As for the glow... well, you know I'm not a huge fan of special effects; I like LOMAC movies to look like the sim they're promoting. But there's no harm at all in spicing things up a little. I just think it's important to use a teaspoon to add that spice, not a bucket. :-)

Otherwise the only changes I made visually were boosting the saturation slightly to improve the colours, a light unsharp mask, and a bit of sharpening. Oh, and the now compulsory explosion camera shake! I wasn't going to do that because it's not something LOMAC models, but having seen movies like yours even *I* expect to see a bit of camera shake now. You and others are slowly corrupting me! ;-)

Andrew McP

Well, you know, im actully kinda glad you and I are so different in how we make movies. Think how boring it would be if everyone made the movies the same??

You have your own style, in the same way that i have mine. This is a good thing. :)

You're one of the few out there that can use ordinary lomac graphics/sounds and still make the movie enjoyable.

Keep it up :)

Wow, now I've seen the movie and the music is great. It's a kind of "never seen (heard) before" in a Lock On movie.

PS. Thanks a lot for the offer Roi D., but if past experience is anything to go by you'd need a *lot* of spare Gb. Someone did me a favour once with hosting and I bled him dry within a few hours, leaving him with nothing for the rest of the month. :-)
I have no transfer limit and the server is located in Dresden where we have a good bandwith connection due to TU; AMD, Infineon and Quimonda factories.
Lock+On+-+Su-33+TakeraEins+Selection+11.jpg