New GFX corruption fix for NVIDIA users

Apparently nVidia took notice and repaired their drivers for LOMAC. I wouldn't know, since I always owned ATI :P , but you can take a look and find out for yourself's if it's true.

Drivers on Guru 3D

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1667

Release notes from nVidia

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/162.15/162.15_Win_XP_ForceWare_Release_Notes.pdf

This was pointed out by buffybill on SimHQ forum.

mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg

Sim HQ post

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2245356&page=1#Post2245356

Fixed Single-GPU Issues

GeForce 7 Series GPUs: Lock On: Modern Air Combat–graphics corruption occurs. (page 9)

NVIDIA Issues—SLI Mode

GeForce 7 Series GPUs: [sLI], GeForce 7950 GX2 Quad NVIDIA SLI: Lock On– slow performance in the game.

GeForce 6 Series GPUs: [sLI], GeForce 6600, SLI, Windows XP: Lock On: Modern Air Combat has lower than expected performance at high resolutions with antialiasing enabled.

I checked the notes for 8xxx series and nothing there.... Glad they looking into LOMAC though

Thx for sharing! I had corruption at times too! Cheers!

Now I only need to get news from my mem RMA :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

anyone tried the full shadow yet?

Yes! This issue is gone!

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

It was the vista version of the drivers that was removed:

ForceWare 162.15 Vista 64-bit

ForceWare 162.15 Vista 32-bit

not the XP version:

ForceWare 162.15 Win2000/XP (32-bit)

These are still available for download on guru3D.

Seems like a fine driver set as well.

Fixed Single-GPU Issues

GeForce 7 Series GPUs: Lock On: Modern Air Combat–graphics corruption occurs. (page 9)

Hmmmm? If there are issues fixed with LockOn for all GeForce cards why does it specify only the 7 series in the doc?

Out

Definitely did NOT fix my issue. Shadows still make the jet jagged looking and dark and I can't even look forward out of my jet now...

weird.jpg

Here is what the outside looks like........This time a Mig-29.........funny the cockpit thing didn't happen on the Mig...

BadGFX.jpg

Rhino2007VBA_sig.jpg

It was the vista version of the drivers that was removed:

ForceWare 162.15 Vista 64-bit

ForceWare 162.15 Vista 32-bit

not the XP version:

ForceWare 162.15 Win2000/XP (32-bit)

These are still available for download on guru3D.

Seems like a fine driver set as well.

Fixed Single-GPU Issues

Hmmmm? If there are issues fixed with LockOn for all GeForce cards why does it specify only the 7 series in the doc?

Out

No, I don't know where Guru3D got those but nVidia didn't even release 162.15 betas for Vista. I was checking it almost hourly since XP beta was released. It was only for XP and they removed it after numerous people reported BSOD.

Fixed my full shadows, fixed my heat haze, but 16 & 32 bit colour both seem to be 16 bit (that little demonstration rainbow in display settings below where you chose between the two doesn't change).

In LO objects are much more 'shiny' - as you rotate the view around a light coloured skinned plane the 'glare' as it catches the light washes out all detail at certain angles, which I suspect is related to not having as great a colour pallete to chose from.

Cheers.

I would test this out myself but it not on laptopvideo2go.com yet. I have to wait for an INF file for it. Based on some of the reviews, a couple of BSOD occured with this particular driver, i dunno if it was running on vista or xp- maybe that's why they remove one of them. Anyway, hows the fps?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes! This issue is gone!

Wierd I still cannot run full shadows. All texture edges are completely messed up (I also have 8800gtx)

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'