Today I fired 20 amraams =(

So I'm flying my big brick in the hills. find a few targets. My total amount of amraams fired 20. 8 within the nez-marker (!!)

I guess 4 or 5 could have had mountain cover if done well.

At least 14 with HOJ or lock held until pitbull. Makes me sad =/. Final piece of work is me firing from ang 20 at 75% Rmax(ang 15 target tws - I think this might have been my longest launch during tonight), held lock until pitbull at F-pole, transonic low cold and I get hit by maddog ET 5 seconds after gone full cold =/.....

Yes it was no other guy. Perhaps I just sucked today, but I think we need to hurry up the work on the new amraam. This is silly. Yes I'm bitchin because I lost today, but that does not change the fact that amraams need speed and tracking upgrade. Right now they are outranged by ET by a good marigin. ETs(&ER/EM) also happen to be the hardest friggin a2a missile to out-turn AFAIK (Note: "_out-turn_", not break lock or break energy)

From now on I will pick only aim-9 and 7s :P.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, Chaff can really throw those things off. was the enemy using countermeasures?

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

AMRAAM is already fixed in black shark addon, it rests for us to wait for it. Be patient. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

AMRAAM is already fixed in black shark addon, it rests for us to wait for it. Be patient. :)

Patience is up. 7s and 9s now. Perhaps only 9s. ;)

I've heard about this BS amraam, but considering BS is nowhere near finished I would be VErY VERY happy if they decide to do something about this in a pre-BS patch. Perhaps we could make a community push for it ^^

I mean it's not like we're asking for much. 2-3 numbers are enough (chaff resistance, burn time and max speed).

This can be done five minutes anyday.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

The numbers can be changed easily, but there might be issues with the application of starforce, necessitating re-release of various DLLs and who knows what else, potentially bloating the release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The numbers can be changed easily, but there might be issues with the application of starforce, necessitating re-release of various DLLs and who knows what else, potentially bloating the release.

Well then, remove SF and we're all green :).

Very likely we'll get more customers as well.

I think he's counting on the "new" 120C to fix the AMRAAM's problems. But it not just the 120 that has the problems. It's ALL the radar missiles and the AIM-9. (And possibly the R-73)

If the "new" 120C IS the fix for the AMRAAM and nothing is done to the Russian missiles, these boards are going to light up like the 4th of July.

(Yes, I'm waving the flag a bit.) smiley-usa-flag-raise.gif

Considering the r77 and amraam having same tracking model I think both will be affected, and afaik from what I heard from GG this upgrade may affect all radar missiles

What you heard from me is that I'm pushing to have missile reactions to countermeasures adjusted. In essence, I want to chaff effectiveness go to nil if you aren't on beam aspect (or close to beam) to the missile, closure issues aside.

In addition, I want to see heat seekers not work quite so well when launched without lock.

Aside form that, there are some issues of kinematics.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I think he's counting on the "new" 120C to fix the AMRAAM's problems. But it not just the 120 that has the problems. It's ALL the radar missiles and the AIM-9. (And possibly the R-73)

If the "new" 120C IS the fix for the AMRAAM and nothing is done to the Russian missiles, these boards are going to light up like the 4th of July.

(Yes, I'm waving the flag a bit.) smiley-usa-flag-raise.gif

Just to be clear, the new AIM-120C has ALL the faults of the old radar missiles - it isn't "fixed" at all, rather, it just had its parameters adjusted slightly to make the seeker perform better against counter-measures.

So, anything that works against the AMRAAM, like 5 m flying or barrel rolling, will also work against the new AIM-120C, because those problems are associated with how radar missiles are modelled in general.

sigzk5.jpg

I think we have lots of patience... its been years since Oleg's BoB was announced... long time since BS was announced... need to wait for years for each thing before its released... I'm starting to freeek:helpsmilie: out now too!!!

No longer active in DCS...

I think we have lots of patience... its been years since Oleg's BoB was announced... long time since BS was announced... need to wait for years for each thing before its released... I'm starting to freeek:helpsmilie: out now too!!!

But in the interim, there were plenty of add-ons and patches released for IL2. LOMAC has been stagnant.

But in the interim, there were plenty of add-ons and patches released for IL2. LOMAC has been stagnant.

Yes but whats the quality of those addons and patches.. If you guys really want to complain about US aircraft and weapons systems then get IL2 and you'll be busy for days, weeks, months etc. Personally I gave up and now live in hope that BoB will bring certain US planes closer the their real world counter parts.

What I want to know is; have any changes been made to the look down shoot down situation or is it still a case of "shoot down, get down" below the aircraft you've fired against? It seems all BVR missiles suck when engaging a target bellow 5km and mountains just make that even worse which can make you a chump for trying to fly realistically with the attitude of high and faster equals longer range.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

yep sometimes they don't track at all, if I fire a 120 within 5 miles it better hit, no jinking or chaff should be able to fool it

SHmIssT happens , yesterday I had an ER and ET both go dead of the rail well within 10kliks. What did I do? moan , nah not me;)

I did what any good VPilot would do...... I crapped myself cos I was winchester 500 fuel and the wrong side of homeplate.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

What I want to know is; have any changes been made to the look down shoot down situation or is it still a case of "shoot down, get down" below the aircraft you've fired against? It seems all BVR missiles suck when engaging a target bellow 5km and mountains just make that even worse which can make you a chump for trying to fly realistically with the attitude of high and faster equals longer range.

The answer to your question is the same answer to the question "Has ED stated in any shape, way or form that anything has been done to radar missiles so far except for the addition of the AIM-120C?" ;)

sigzk5.jpg

Simple Question to the thread starter:

How do you want the missile in the game to be? It's still hard to figure out want users want in regards to this subject.

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

flying f-15 v f-15 is pretty interesting with rams if you put up rules like flat land only + hard deck 5.000 ft, no jamming and only 30 chaff each :)

Did it once (except for chaff limit) with a guy in HL and we had some great energy fights.