Logitech Force 3D Pro Joystick causes Stutter

I hope this will finally lead to something. I start a new thread since this has now something where to start from.

I use a Logitech Force 3D Pro Joystick. If I start the game with the joystick plugged into the USB the game stutters in MP-Games (in MP Games only!).

How to solve that?

Additional Info (maybe Devs can get something from it):

If I plug the Joystick after the game has started, the joystick is not recognized by the game and therefore it's not causing any problems — even tho its recognized by Windows XP!

hm... force feedback... never thought of that. But actually if that is causing the problem then I think I would be right in saying it's the USB buss being the bottleneck. If you have any USB2.0 ports on your motherboard plug the joystick to that port.

No longer active in DCS...

do you have settings for USB cotroler in BIOS (weather to use USB1.0 or USB2.0 speed) try changing that... if in case you have USB2.0 speed (if you have such settings in BIOS) it could be your USB drivers are not good (USB2.0 driver can be updated on Windows Update at Microsoft).

I got the latest drivers. Just d/l them again. For Chipset and Controller

You may try also just swapping around USB devices... basically just change ports and shuffle them around. On my botherboard I have 6 USB1.0 and 2x USB2.0 ports. You'll have to find out through Windows Device Manager which port is which... then once you find which ports are USB2.0 chose those for things like Joystick and TrackIR (if you have one).

Those are all USB 2.0 Ports on only 1 hub

Now about that PCI latency setting, that is in BIOS (if your BIOS has it).The PCI buss is used for on board devices as well... not just plug in PCI cards. Windows Device Manager can show you all the devices that are on PCI buss (view devices by connection)

Yey, okay. But my BIOS doesnt offer any way to change the latency. Anyway - it's not an issue anymore.

=Prophet=

I disabled FFB in the Windows-Settings but it didnt help.

I found out which Device is causing the problems in the list of devices. Its

Human Interface Devices

Logitech Force 3D Pro USB (HID)

Location 0

WILL ANY DEVELOPER DARE TO SPEAK UP!?

This is the official developer-forum, isn't it?! So will you please help here instead of letting me despair?!

Anyway: I found out it's Thread ID 648 causing this problem. Unfortunally, killing or blocking this thread will break up the connection to the server within less than 30 seconds.

By the way, I found out that if I don't have my joystick connected, there are at least 2 threads more running than with my joystick connected. Is that something to worry about?

The massive amount of context-switching going on in at least 2 of Lock On's threads (among Thread 648 ) is another thing I wonder about.

well hey... it's not ED's fault if your hardware has some problems... so don't be of the opinion its something they have to resolve... I think you've found yourself what th issue is and now it's just a question of doing bit of troubleshooting (trying out different hardware/drivers etc). I personally wouldn't know how more to help you since I don't have access to your system. Why don't you try some hardware troubleshooting forums...

Not their fault? It's their thread in their Program causing problems, not the driver of my joystick.

What you think?! You think I can go and buy 10 different joysticks just for fun - because ED will not fix their problem? As I said I already tried all that is in my power. I cannot find any more drivers I haven't tried yet.

Eagle Dynamics is supposed to support their customers - not just leave it up to the forum-community.

PS: I wouldnt have been that pissed if just anyone of ED had donated one single comment or statement in this thread. But as usual (as usual with other companies) the only ones who are commited are the users themselves.

well this is the first time I see someone having bad stuttering because of a joystick so for that reason I don't think it's ED's product being faulty... more like hardware configuration/setup issue.

If you think I am wrong I would like to hear from other people what they think, but this would not be of any help to you, right?

LockOn is the most demanding game on the hardware and I know because I fly it and I have flown some others (those that are worth buying anyway) like IL-2 and Falcon 4.

FPS games are mostly video card demanding but also don't use joystick... even the games where you can fly are just simple arcade flight models.

Anyway... take a break, have a coffee and just start troubleshooting. I know it's a pain in the ass proccess (i've done it many times myself and so have many others). If there is someone here that knows or had same issue and read this post I am sure they would try to help.

In fact, programming a interface for HW such as a joystick holds way less possibilities to make mistake than coding a program with netcode, physics, HI, AI etc. This is just an indication that the error is supposedly to search within lockon. As you said: Unlike other games which offer a more arcarde like engine lomac is somewhat sophisticated,

Not only an indication but rather evidence for lock-ons fault is that it's the thread causing problems. read my above post - i think that proofs it's lockon's netcode fault.

can't force them to help me - either ED accepts it or not. I did everything I can to make it as easy as possible for them to find out - the rest is up to them.

Unless I Rev.-Eng. lock-on I wont be able to find the problem within thread 648. There is no "Troubleshooting" as far as I can see. If you got an idea how to approach it I'll follow your instructions

€: Oh I see, The ThreadID doesnt really id the thread. Hm. Well: It's the last thread (how else shall i call it)

Stack:

ntoskrnl.exe!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x4c5

ntoskrnl.exe!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x3f3

ntoskrnl.exe!KeInsertQueueDpc+0x1a3

ntoskrnl.exe!NtWaitForSingleObject+0xbf

ntoskrnl.exe!ZwUnloadKey+0x20ad

wow64cpu.dll+0x42d9

wow64cpu.dll+0x40e5

Trying to help.

I had over 2 trouble free Lockon years using the Logitech Force 3D Pro.

No stutters what so ever.

Thanks! I think I'll do another Format C: soon. Which OS did you have?

Oh and: PS: What did you have written in your settings under Input-Device? In Lockon - where you can choose "Keyboard","mouse" and your joystick i got some weird

"Logitech Force 3D Pro USB250760234aGAD12"

(not like that but many senseless numbers added to the name)

Thats just an ID added to the controller.

Check in ./config/producer.cfg

Change

ForceFeedbackEnabled = true;

to

ForceFeedbackEnabled = false;

Tried this already. Don't bother. I'm going to do windows a full-over - clean install. first thing after drivers up is lock on being installed.

lets see what happens.

if there are some older drivers for your joystick try them as well. I had the touchscreen drivers crashing windows for me untill I tried some other drivers... and strangely they are USB drivers.

Thanks! I think I'll do another Format C: soon. Which OS did you have?

Oh and: PS: What did you have written in your settings under Input-Device? In Lockon - where you can choose "Keyboard","mouse" and your joystick i got some weird

"Logitech Force 3D Pro USB250760234aGAD12"

(not like that but many senseless numbers added to the name)

I was using winXP and I had a jumble of letters and No's simlair to yours under Input-Device.

Just wondering, what version of Lockon are you using?

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I am using Lomac 1.12a. Kuky, I'll follow your advice. Any Idea where I can get older drivers from?

PS: Literally it says "Logitech Force 3D Pro USB9-13-6-1-1668800" under my Input-Settings.

And I got finnally contaced by someone involved with EG. I hope this will now bring about the rebound I was hoping for so long. The closer I get to solve this issue the more frustrating it is not to be able to play lomac in MP ;]

Thanks to Александр Соболь I can finnally play it. Meanwhile - because I had to uninstall my Logitech Drivers - my joystick feels really like **** because the coils for FF are not powered anymore. Any ideas?

Look, bottom line is don't get your hopes up for someone from ED to come and help you. They are already a small company and most of them are busy with Black Shark. And besides, they rarely visit the english side of the forum anyway.

On the side note, complaining and cussing and yelling is not really going to help. Once you cool down, then maybe more people will help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You don't seem to read. I just said that I received some really good help from this guy (he is ED-Support). This is great because I can now play the game. If it was unclear - here it goes again: In some big letters

Thank you ED for finally becoming so committed to my issue! :thumbup:

So now I only got the problem with my FF left to solve.

Look, i merely stated that if you want to get more help, doing so in a calm matter would help the situation

Saying things like

Not their fault? It's their thread in their Program causing problems, not the driver of my joystick.

What you think?! ....that shit didnt change

If you somehow took my helpful advice as being offensive, as mentioned in your PM, then that's your problem. But i know now I'm not going to help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah great, let's turn this thread into something completly off-topic! [/irony]

Does anyone who has the Logitech Force 3D any other drivers for me. It's a file called "WmJoyF32.dll" (64to32b edition, i.e. 156kb) making the joystick "feel smooth" and controlling force-feedback. If this driver is available it makes the game stutter at the same time.