CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The Flight Simulator X Acceleration Expansion Pack delivers an all new thrilling multiplayer race mode, new action-packed missions, more new content, and newly enhanced DX10 graphics!

Challenge friends in the new racing mode, or test your flight skills in the 20 new missions like being a NASA test pilot, performing search and rescue on an ocean liner, or navigating a whiteout blizzard in the backcountry. Also included are six new scenery maps including the famed Red Bull Air Race courses, and three new planes such as the F/A-18A Hornet, EH-101 Helicopter and P-51D Mustang.

Moderator doesnt like it :(

so is it worth buying when it comes out? the f18e standalone expansion i mean. the description sure sounds convincing

The VRS F/A-18E Super Hornet, or "Superbug", represents over 3 years of work by a small team of dedicated developers, artists and flight dynamics gurus, who also happen to be engineers in real life. The VRS F/A-18E seeks to provide what we believe is by far the most comprehensive overall simulation of a combat aircraft ever created for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Systems ranging from environmental control to hydraulics, electrical and tactical were designed [strictly] based on the the U.S. Navy's NATOPS flight manuals for this aircraft. Everything from the working and accurate radar, to the early warning system are meticulously recreated in extreme detail and fidelity.

Extensively researched visuals include a fully functional (and we mean fully functional and flyable) Virtual Cockpit including 99% 3D switches, knobs, buttons, and even individual bolts. An incredible set of high resolution 2D panels and a dozen sub-panels round out the "office" of the F/A-18E.

Our "intelligent" highly optimized 3D external model responds to preferences, drawing only the weapons you select for load-out with the Aircraft Configuration Manager. Thousands of weapons combinations are possible, yet only one 3D model is required. In addition, all weight and drag is accounted for no matter what you load on the aircraft. When a weapon is released, the weight and drag are subtracted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so is it worth buying when it comes out? the f18e standalone expansion i mean. the description sure sounds convincing

The VRS F/A-18E Super Hornet, or "Superbug", represents over 3 years of work by a small team of dedicated developers, artists and flight dynamics gurus, who also happen to be engineers in real life. The VRS F/A-18E seeks to provide what we believe is by far the most comprehensive overall simulation of a combat aircraft ever created for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Systems ranging from environmental control to hydraulics, electrical and tactical were designed [strictly] based on the the U.S. Navy's NATOPS flight manuals for this aircraft. Everything from the working and accurate radar, to the early warning system are meticulously recreated in extreme detail and fidelity.

Extensively researched visuals include a fully functional (and we mean fully functional and flyable) Virtual Cockpit including 99% 3D switches, knobs, buttons, and even individual bolts. An incredible set of high resolution 2D panels and a dozen sub-panels round out the "office" of the F/A-18E.

Our "intelligent" highly optimized 3D external model responds to preferences, drawing only the weapons you select for load-out with the Aircraft Configuration Manager. Thousands of weapons combinations are possible, yet only one 3D model is required. In addition, all weight and drag is accounted for no matter what you load on the aircraft. When a weapon is released, the weight and drag are subtracted.

sounds promissing expecially the fragment saying about flight dynamics gurus involved in project.

The real irony is that this will most likely cost more for an add on aircraft to a navigation and procedure training flight simulator than Lock On cost in the first place...

DISCLAIMER: I'm not bashing anything! or asking to start a "but this is better than that" argument, just making an observation! :thumbup:

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The real irony is that this will most likely cost more for an add on aircraft to a navigation and procedure training flight simulator than Lock On cost in the first place...

DISCLAIMER: I'm not bashing anything! or asking to start a "but this is better than that" argument, just making an observation! :thumbup:

For me, I think Lockon FC is too cheap. I wouldn't matter to pay more for this.

Regards!!