Scenery mod version 1.3 RELEASED

666th_birdy

Finaly I can release version 1.3 of my scenery mod.

Get it here http://www.666th.co.uk/downloads/LOFC/LOFC_scenery_mod_Merzifon_v1-3.zip

The 57Mb Zip-file is ModMan5 compatible and contains the Low, Medium and High sceneries.

From the readme:

READ THIS FILE CAREFULLY TO AVOID PROBLEMS !

--- version ---

This version 1.3 of my scenery file is for LockOn Flaming-Cliffs v1.12a and moves the Razdonolye airbase to Merzifon in Turkey.

It also places a huge amount of extra trees around airbases and adds extra objects to the scenery.

The package also includes a towbar object made by 'TheSystem' and new hangar objects made by 'TomCatz'.

--- new ---

this 1.3 version is simular to 1.1 but has the following additions:

- Powerline masts placed on railroad tracks near airbases

- Several towbars by 'TheSystem' on each airbase

- New hangar types by 'TomCatz' on a few airbases

- Payloads like TERs, weapons and fueltanks near parking areas

- Toolboxes and containers on the ramp of Sohi-Adler airbase

- Extra buildings in Adler city

- Extra oilrig near Sohi

- Extra trees near Merzifon

- Grass landing field & forrest in eastern Georgia

- New depot at Simferopol airbase

- New SAM manufacturing plant east of Krymsk arbase

- New depot and holliday homes north of Krymsk airbase

- Militairy trains at Kerch city

- Army base north of Dzankoy

- Two empty, fenced depot areas ready to be used by mission builders.

All new additions can be viewed by flying the included mission file which contains static igla's near every addition.

All mods/additions appear in both the High- and Medium-scenery file.

The Low-scenery file only has Razdonolye airbase moved to Merzifon.

--- install ---

Please uninstall previous scenery mods (either ModMan-compatible or other versions) before installing this version 1.3.

Since new objects are placed, the file "structtable.sht" will be replaced.

This means that other mods using this file might not work.

This scenery version 1.3 is compatible with "Static Object Pack1 mod" by Mbot.

Make sure the "Static Object Pack1" is installed before you continue to install scenery mod version 1.3

--- TomCatz Hangar mod ----

The ModMan-compatible Hanger mod by TomCatz, replaces the original DOT, DOT2 and COMCENTER objects.

Since these are used in this scenery mod version 1.3 you should uninstall the hanger mod by TomCatz.

This scenery mod version 1.3 will re-install TomCatz mod for you but the objects wil be saved as HANGAR1, HANGAR2 and HANGAR3.

This also means that they are no longer accessable in the mission editor.

Please check the the mod-tread in the official LockOn forum to learn how to add objects to the mission editors pull-down list.

If you don't like the banner on top of the hangar or the flag inside it, you may edit file Hanger9.BMP or DeutscheFlage.BMP respectively. Both files are located in folder lockon\bazar\temptextures .

--- TheSystem Towbar mod ---

This scenery version 1.3 will also copy the TOWBAR.LOM object and appropriate BMP-files into your lockon folder.

Please check the the mod-tread in the official LockOn forum to learn how to add objects to the mission editors pull-down list.

--- Merzifon addition ---

This add-on creates the NATO airbase "Merzifon" in Turkey by moving the "Razdolnoye" airbase in Crimea, Ukraine to a new location.

(The original Razdolnoye airbase does not exist in the real world as depicted in the simulator).

--- disclaimer ---

I'm not responisible for any damage that may be caused by using this mod.

--- thanks and credits ---

Special thanks to SwingKid and Alfa for their endless support and for making scenery editing possible.

ALso thanks to Evil-Joe and Vinc for their Nato runway textures, to TomCatz for his nice Hangar objects and to TheSystem for the very original Towbar.

Finnaly thanks to the Lockon community and Eagle Dynamics for keeping

the sim alive.

Go fly and have fun. Any bug reports or suggestions are welcome.

666th Birdy

picv13au9.jpg

Note: like the read-me says, this mod replaces the STRUCTTABLE.SHT file in lockon\bazar folder.

Allthough it is compatible with the Structtable.sht file used in Mbot's "Static Object Pack v1", it is NOT coompatible with "Structure Visibility mod v1" by TekaTeka.

TekaTeka's Structtable.sht files give "error shapes" errors when I start LockOn so I did not use his Structtable.sht file.

The changes in mine Structtable.sht are the following lines that should be added after:

// F_uniwersam_a

shape

{

file = "F_uniwersam_a";

vis = 1.4;

life = 400;

desrt = "Cinema_a_crush";

fire = { 120, 2};

username = "civil building";

}

........ insert next lines here

// tag

shape

{

file = "tag";

life = 15;

fire = { 0, 2};

username = "tag";

}

// aces

shape

{

file = "aces";

life = 15;

fire = { 0, 2};

username = "aces";

}

// sklad_gsm(kontur)

shape

{

file = "sklad_gsm(kontur)";

life = 15;

fire = { 0, 2};

username = "sklad_gsm(kontur)";

}

// sklad_aero(kontur)

shape

{

file = "sklad_aero(kontur)";

life = 15;

fire = { 0, 2};

username = "sklad_aero(kontur)";

}

// fantasm pod

shape

{

file = "fantasm";

life = 15;

fire = { 0, 2};

username = "fantasm";

}

// Hangar1

shape

{

file = "hangar1";

desrt = "hangar1";

vis = 0.6;

life = 3000;

classname = "lStandartStructure";

fire = { 60, 0};

username = "hangar1";

positioning = "BY_XZ";

index = 507;

}

shape

{

file = "hangar1destr";

desrt = "self";

}

// Hangar2

shape

{

file = "hangar2";

desrt = "hangar2";

vis = 0.6;

life = 3000;

fire = { 60, 0};

username = "hangar2";

positioning = "BY_XZ";

index = 508;

}

shape

{

file = "hangar2destr";

desrt = "self";

}

// Hangar3

shape

{

file = "hangar3";

desrt = "hangar3";

vis = 0.6;

life = 3000;

fire = { 60, 0};

username = "hangar3";

positioning = "BY_XZ";

index = 509;

}

shape

{

file = "hangar3destr";

desrt = "self";

}

// fuel barrels

shape

{

file = "fuelbarrels";

desrt = "fuelbarrels";

vis = 0.6;

life = 3000;

fire = { 60, 0};

username = "fuelbarrels";

positioning = "BY_XZ";

index = 510;

}

// ammo crates

shape

{

file = "ammocrates";

desrt = "ammocrates";

vis = 0.6;

life = 3000;

fire = { 60, 0};

username = "ammocrates";

positioning = "BY_XZ";

index = 511;

}

// tow bar

shape

{

file = "towbar";

desrt = "towbar";

vis = 0.6;

life = 3000;

fire = { 60, 0};

username = "towbar";

positioning = "BY_XZ";

index = 512;

}

• Like 3

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

very nice i just flew around it and checked out the mission file contained in your mod and it was great. Just two questions. I was scrolling through the static objects and found these two areas. Is there suppose to be an airfield located in the first pic?

ScreenShot_000-2.jpg

And is something suppose to be here at the end of the road in this pic?

ScreenShot_001.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@ suferkungfu: It's just a grass landing strip (AN-2 showing) in the first pic. I also see that that you still have the Tomcatz hangar mod installed (comcenter is replaced by hangar1 in your pic). You'd best uninstall that one.

On the second pic there are just some extra houses and trees planted (you must have trees disabled), nothing at the end of the road

Didn't realize that TekaTeka's mod uses structtable aswell. Will look into that tonight.

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

transparent.....

I see so often in screenshots, that most don´t know how to fix the transparency of buildings....

lockon/config/graphics.cfg Fogparam2=0

fogparam1 u can let on 12..... but fogparam2 is responsibel for transparency...0 = off....

/O

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Birdy, your mods is really good but would be appreciate create a only one mods "standard for all", that as an example comprises all the external improvements like those of TekaTeka and the others.

{adi}-Michael - Istruttore Eagles Bombers

Air Dominators Italia

http://www.ad-ita.it

From Italian Community

http://www.ad-ita.it/images/avatarbanners/Targ.Mike.jpg

Birdy,

I can clearly see that you used HOT SUMMER PACK terrain mod in your first screenshot (SAM factory) so is it contained in your Scenery mod 1.3?!

Vekkinho, the hot-summer-pack has nothing to do with the scenery. You can use it regardless of the scenery version.

I see so often in screenshots, that most don´t know how to fix the transparency of buildings....

lockon/config/graphics.cfg Fogparam2=0

fogparam1 u can let on 12..... but fogparam2 is responsibel for transparency...0 = off....

/O

would this have any fps hit?

OK, so here's a question!

In order to install Birdy's latest scenery one needs to have Static objects Pack already installed:

This scenery version 1.3 is compatible with "Static Object Pack1 mod" by Mbot.

Make sure the "Static Object Pack1" is installed before you continue to install scenery mod version 1.3

but if I install Mbot's SOP1 it will replace my MEInit.xml that I tweaked a lot. For instance, I'm sort of a freak so after installing some 3rd party skins I renamed squadron names to have 'em properly named in Mission Editor / Payload screen.

I also heard that ModMan 6 allows us to edit MEInit.xml without any problems but I can't find any MM6 download links!

So guys help needed here!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modman 6 is not out yet

Yea i know your pain man, sometimes when mods deals with the meinit file, it screws up some of the skins i renamed properly. I think that is why when i did my reinstall, i changed the names at the very end, after i installed all the mods. Therefore, i still got all the changes from the static object pack...etc and then added my own changes. Hopefully someone can point out the exact text you need to add for the SOP1 mod into your modded meinit file, then everything would be fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well it's not only skin names that I've edited in my MEInit.xml, there's a lot more to it that needs tweaking after SOP install.

I guess there's no better way of doing it but having two different Notepads active on my desktop (one from SOP and personal) and copy/pasting lines.

It take's time :( but well worth the effort :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]