Black Sea ShowDown: September 2007

Ice

Black Sea ShowDown 2 (September 2007)

Sides are already filling fast and numbers are limited. If you missed out last time, don’t this time.

On the last Saturday of every month at 2100Z (Greenwich Mean Time), 169th Panthers will host a closed (password) session on the 169th Dedicated server via HyperLobby. It will be a “Grand Finale” to the mission that has been hosted on the server for September. The excercise will run for 4 hours exactly. Any aircraft that have not landed at an airfield at the close will be considered as dead.

The 169th Statistics Board which now supports Air to Ground statistics will be the scorer and a separate database will be created specifically for this encounter. We also recommend everyone record their track so as they have evidence of any possible discrepancy.

How to sign up.

Register to our Forums and in the “Black Sea Showdown” Forum Category sign up in the Sign Up Thread and also request which side you wish to join. You will then be given access the appropriate section where mission planning for your team can take place. When registering, please use your regular callsign as per HyperLobby. This is to minimise the chance of dual registrations or spies. All participants will be required to use Teamspeak during the match.

There are some real benefits in this format. One being the ability to run events more frequently. Less pressure on planning and the ability to practice your sorties in an environment with human opposition at any time.

Rules:

The 169th Dedicated Server Rules must be adhered to as well as the Online Etiquitte.

Up to 64 players can register plus reserves. That’s 32 per side. You will be allowed to respawn. You will be allowed to change aircraft. If by chance the Red Team lose their Kuznetsov carrier then the Su-33’s that took off from it must change to another group. Any players in Su33’s that spawn over Bulls Eye (Nav 1) will immediately be removed from the server.

Good Hunting!

Come one come all!!! The first Black Sea Showdown was a blast! There's nothing like taking off in your aircraft and seeing your Radar / HUD just chocked full of noise! It is a fabulous time just being able to fly with so many of the community's regulars and new faces. I seriously urge everyone to give it a try. There's lots of room left....please stop by the Panther Forums and sign up!

All the best guys...

169th_Toadster

• 2 weeks later...
I like this idea. Maybe we will do this after the event.

Yes would be nice!!!

Configuration:  

Windows 11 Home/ Intel Core i9-12900FRTX 3080 10 GB/ 64GB DDR4-3200/ 2 TB m.2 NVMe/ HP Reverb G2/V2/ Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas/ 

INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT@ross_impress • Instagram-foto's en -video's  (everything about the real flying world, drone and DCS)

Not with BSS. We may well add another weekly event that will be called BSS-DiD or Black Sea ShowDown - Dead is Dead.

The monthly event is designed to take advantage of our huge bandwidth and high end pc, being a giant sized campaign with full capacity of clients the whole time. Also newer guys get a taste of mission planning and execution without the deterrent of maybe after all that work having to sit out the remainder of the event if they get taken out early. The end result is based on a points system and loss of aircraft will impact on that.

Not with BSS. We may well add another weekly event that will be called BSS-DiD or Black Sea ShowDown - Dead is Dead.

The monthly event is designed to take advantage of our huge bandwidth and high end pc, being a giant sized campaign with full capacity of clients the whole time. Also newer guys get a taste of mission planning and execution without the deterrent of maybe after all that work having to sit out the remainder of the event if they get taken out early. The end result is based on a points system and loss of aircraft will impact on that.

Ok. I hope the -DiD missions start soon :)

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

I am really looking forward to this event. The last one was a lot of fun for people of all skill levels IMO.

I certainly see the appeal for certain events to be a "you're dead, you're out format," but I'm glad this one offers a different approach.

I think it is important for newer pilots, like myself, to be able to join, and enjoy such events. I also believe things like this will help the newer guys fly and learn from the more experienced pilots.

Furthermore, I truly believe that the more "noobs" that become involved, hooked on the game, and work to improve, the better lockon as a whole will be.

More pilots becoming experienced=more events (of all types)=more fun. I think there is a place for one-and-dones and BSS type events alike.

There were some good pilots participating last time, and some good ones signed up this time as well. That said, I think it would be sad, and not exactly a community builder, to have the attitude that one is "too good" for a respawn event.

The more people that improve and increase the depth of skill of the community is always good IMHO :thumbup:

169th_Indy