--Ka50 alias BS .... Failures or Success ?

I see /.

I expect something of that extent...

;)

Would we want to mod BS with this mod to look better ?

To me right now this is level set to 2 the original is 0 ( the basic )

what would you consider BS?

None of those 3D models and textures are in Black Shark - they've been community developed for Flaming Cliffs.

That doesn't mean they couldn't be adapted and added as mods to Black Shark at release, and it doesn't mean they couldn't be taken on board and added to Black Shark during development.

They certainly add something, and I'd like to see them in game, subject to framerate considerations. Anyone approached ED about that yet?

. . . but in other ways, of course, Black Shark will already look better than FC.

Brit..

and it doesn't mean they couldn't be taken on board and added to Black Shark during development.

I know all this.... but here you said something magical and i wish the guys that make this mod would see and make a good effort and clean.

Anyone approached ED about that yet?

I hope something will be done about it and maybe ED could direct more what they need etc..

100% success of course!

Nothing comes close to BS…. :thumbup:

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Some fixed-wing fans, despite the repeated statements that virtually all dev time for Black Shark is going on the helicopter, will still complain that Black Shark isn't a dedicated F-15 sim.

Please provide a link to support that statement. Or even hints at supporting that statement. To my knowledge, there has NEVER been any request or support for a dedicated F-15 sim. It is unsettling to hear that statement from someone even unofficially representing ED. Somehow the people pointing out the flaws in the F-15 modeling are singled out.

Some fixed-wing fans, despite the repeated statements that virtually all dev time for Black Shark is going on the helicopter, will still complain that Black Shark isn't a dedicated F-15 sim.

What? Are you telling me BS will not be an F-15 sim??? How the ... Aaaaaarrrggghhhhh! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please provide a link to support that statement. Or even hints at supporting that statement. To my knowledge, there has NEVER been any request or support for a dedicated F-15 sim. It is unsettling to hear that statement from someone even unofficially representing ED. Somehow the people pointing out the flaws in the F-15 modeling are singled out.

A link?

Well take a look at Wags' Black Shark sticky. It says - more than once - that Black Shark is going to focus on the Ka50.

Regarding requests for a dedicated F-15 sim - of course I exaggerate.

However, the volume of requests for tweaks to the F-15, or better modelling for the F-15, has been larger than that for any other aircraft.

The F-15 wish list thread was enormous, and doubtless some members of the forum wouldn't be satisfied with ED's modelling of the F-15 unless it was at study-sim level.

Whether that's due to F-15 jocks being more numerous/demanding than the rest, the F-15 being modelled less accurately than other aircraft (which I doubt), or simply more being known about the F-15 and hence it being easier to point out the points overlooked, I simply don't know.

I'm not picking out the F-15 pilots here. There's simply been more complaints about that aircraft ;)

A link?

Well take a look at Wags' Black Shark sticky. It says - more than once - that Black Shark is going to focus on the Ka50.

Which is irrelevant in regards to your comment.

...and doubtless some members of the forum wouldn't be satisfied with ED's modelling of the F-15 unless it was at study-sim level.

Name one. Or perhaps you exaggerate again.

There's simply been more complaints about that aircraft ;)

Yes, there have. With a few exceptions, they are not unfounded. Why do you think there was a sticky here about an F-15 wishlist and not one for the Su's or MiG?

Yes, there have. With a few exceptions, they are not unfounded. Why do you think there was a sticky here about an F-15 wishlist and not one for the Su's or MiG?

Simply put - because more people know, or think they know, areas in which the F-15 model could be improved.

More people on the English forums have seen F-15s at airshows, have read F-15 flight manuals, have brothers/cousins/mates flying F-15s than likewise for the Migs and Sukhois.

Likewise, more people on the English forums are interested in an aircraft flown by the world's biggest English-speaking nation.

AMRAAM accuracy, radar modes, MPCD, thrust DO all need changing for the Eagle to be more accurate. This is undoubtedly true.

The MiG-29 and Su-27 also require radar, missile, and possibly thrust reworkings. Certainly they require the HDD operation and nav modes updating. But do you hear about those things so much? No.

I've seen several posts saying that if these things don't improve with Black Shark, the poster won't buy it. It's not hard to get from that to the poster being interested exclusively in the F-15 and how well it's modelled.

Do I carefully write down the post numbers and thread titles? Of course not . . . . .

Now chill out ;)

I've seen several posts saying that if these things don't improve with Black Shark, the poster won't buy it. It's not hard to get from that to the poster being interested exclusively in the F-15 and how well it's modelled.

Either we've been reading different forums or that is a large leap in logic. You assume that anyone who posts that they have no interest in buying BS unless fixes to the current sim are included to be "interested exclusively in the F-15 and how well it's modelled."

Start making sense and I'll stop calling you out.

And yes, you've given very good reasons why you expect to see more posts here about Western gear. Another, although you may have mentioned it earlier, is that detailed info on the Russian systems are likely written in a language few of us understand. It only stands to reason that US planes be given more attention in an English language forum. But that in no way reflects any desire for the Russian equipment to be ignored.

Start making sense and I'll stop calling you out.

Dude, it made sense all along and I suspect you know it.

In an attempt to get this thread back on topic, let's recap . . .

This thread is about people's expectations for Black Shark.

There are gaps between what some members of the community are hoping for, and what they can reasonably expect for Black Shark. That's what my original post was about - I think it's a very valid point.

You've picked up on one of the little examples I suggested of an unrealistic expectation causing someone disappointment at Black Shark release.

I plead some artistic licence - no, there haven't been mass calls for an F-15 study sim on this forum, and the term "some people" doesn't include every F-15 pilot on the forums. So shoot me ;)

But there has been an expressed desire for changes to the F-15 that aren't just fixes to what is already there, but require remodelling the aircraft. And I do still believe that some people will be disappointed when they don't arrive with Black Shark . . . .

• Like 2

@ BGP: rep inbound for responding maturely and constructively to Goya's baiting posts.

@ Goya: BGP made a polite and well thought out response to the original topic. I'm curious as to why you gave him such a hard time about the F-15 thing. Actually, no I'm not curious, I don't want to know. I appreciate we all want our favourite a/c to be the best/highest fidelity it can be so...I'll attribute your responses to hormones ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

why not find someone to make a 3D cockpits "area" for the plane you wish for to be good send it to ED within spec ( easy to place into Sim ) maybe will get lucky!!! and we will have 6 dof in the plane you desire to be.. forget the clicking cockpit for now.... will be 1000 % better already ..... Hum....

OK now that we all know that BS will be Ka-50 only let's stop polluting this forum with "I saw Cessna 172 doing 12G turn last weekend on a local airshow but it's not possible in LO so please ED do something about it".

LO is a 2003 game that presents aircraft like they appear in the game and there's nothing we can do about it, we can only move on.

I advise everyone who thinks that current F-15, MiG-29, Su-27,33 and A-10 are far from reality to collect some money, use Western Union or PayPal to send it to ED and they'll make You an airplane customized to your likings and belief, perhaps even a VTOL A-10 with BVR capability, supercruise and Stealth.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

......... VTOL A-10 with BVR capability, supercruise and Stealth.

Just A-10 C :P

And I appreciate moderately your humour.:music_whistling:

To return from there on the subject, I am a ex fan of Jane's Longbow (all the serie)

I awaits impatiently BS.

The only thing which saddens it to me is that that will seem to be a "Stand alone"

A-10 Powaaa ;)

Ps: Translate by Babelfish (French to English) Sorry if not clear :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

History of the Black Shark 1, 2

Le sort du Requin Noir: 1, 2, 3.

Having an option on how and where to install BS would be nice, same thing was possible with Pacific Fighters (standalone or addon to Il-2 series).

New Mission Editor might be the reason it goes standalone (perhaps LOFC .mis files aren't compatible with new Mission Editor) but even standalone only option is fine with me, especially if BS brings no improvements for fixed wing airplanes, weapons and AI behaviour.

Maybe with standalone Black Shark we might be granted to unlock LockOn.exe in the future so guys like Walmis, Grandsurf, Teka Teka, Rockwelder and Birdy might go even deeper into modding LOFC and enhacing it for more potent CPUs and GPUs that appear on a daily basis.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Having an option on how and where to install BS would be nice, same thing was possible with Pacific Fighters (standalone or addon to Il-2 series).

New Mission Editor might be the reason it goes standalone (perhaps LOFC .mis files aren't compatible with new Mission Editor) but even standalone only option is fine with me, especially if BS brings no improvements for fixed wing airplanes, weapons and AI behaviour.

Maybe with standalone Black Shark we might be granted to unlock LockOn.exe in the future so guys like Walmis, Grandsurf, Teka Teka, Rockwelder and Birdy might go even deeper into modding LOFC and enhacing it for more potent CPUs and GPUs that appear on a daily basis.

Yes and no, I think that it is an error of desolidarise(???) LOFC & BS. Why? And well that will eliminate has the "playing game"(??) and has the colaboration inter squadron. When has to make LOFC open, I strongly doubt it because ED and Ubisoft are associated in develloppement simulator and for legacy reasons also...

But That God (Ed/Ubi :D) hears you

:bye_2:

Ps: Idem ===> Babelfish :inv:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

History of the Black Shark 1, 2

Le sort du Requin Noir: 1, 2, 3.

With separate installs o LOFC and BS we can have the best of both worlds!

Remember that most of Virtual Sqns are profiled primarily as a dogfighters, having just a flyable AFM helo won't increase their fun.

But fixing GCI command that's been porked since day 1 would be welcome especially for squadrons flying Russian aircraft.

AFAIK IRL GCI/AWACS ratio in Russian VVS is 20:1 so I hoped with BS this issue would be addressed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]