ModMan weird problem

159th_Falcon

Each time i open Modman to add / remove mods i get an error and Modman closes (see attached screen shot)

Now i have found an work around to still be able to add / remove mods but its kinda annoying its necessary, what i do is the following;

1: i go to the folder *:\modman\addons_dcs

2: i remove all mods from that folder and sub folders archived and converted

3: start modman and use the ADD function to add all the mods i had added from there

4: now i make the installations/removals i wanted to do

5: i close modman

problem is if i now start modman i again i get the same error and the above ritual has to be performed once again.

**EDIT**

I forgot to mention that i already reinstalled modman, see my 2nd post in this thread for more info on the reinstallation

ModmanError.thumb.jpg.b5ca6ad8f99a97b49f39b04d0d852d36.jpg

Edited by 159th_Falcon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

I didn't do anything whit the registry.

Could you point me to the files in the registry that i must delete?

**EDIT**

Ok, i just did my modman dance again and uninstalled all mods i had installed.

After that i uninstalled modman.

Then i went into the registry and did a search for modman

each entry/file the search came up with i deleted until the search function didn't find anything related to modman.

Rebooted my computer and did another search in the registry for modman, found nothing.

Then i installed modman whit administrator rights, opened modman and guess what, still the exact same problem.

Anyone has some suggestions

Edited by 159th_Falcon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please help

Ok still got the same problem but i tried do delete both modman and DCS black shark

Here is what i did and the order i did it in;

NOTE: I DID EVERYTHING WHIT ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS, WHERE POSSIBLE BY RIGHT CLICKING THE ICON AND SELECTING RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

1: uninstall modman

2: open a search window in windows and searched for modman

3: selected advanced search, look everywhere and checked the box for looking for hidden files

4: deleted everything the search came up whit

5: deleted manually maps left by the uninstaller (like the map D:\modman)

6: opened regedit whit administrator rights, searched for modman, deleted everything the search came up whit, repeated the search after an reboot to make sure nothing was left

7: uninstalled DCS black shark

8: open a search window in windows and searched for modman

3: selected advanced search, look everywhere and checked the box for looking for hidden files

4: deleted everything related to DCS black shark the search came up whit

5: deleted manuall maps left by the uninstaller (like the map D:\program files (x86)\eagle dynamics )

6: opend regedit whit administrator rights, searched for DCS, deleted everything the search came up whit. (except some entries related to my external HD)

7: searched for blackshark, deleted everything the search came up whit

8: rebooted again and did both searches again to make sure nothing was left

installation

1: installed DCS: Black Shark

2: installed DCS: Black Shark Update V1.0.1.b

3: ran configured and activated DCS: black shark

4: installed modman

5: opened modman, showed it where DCS:BS was

6: clicked the Mods installer button, got an message to place my mods in the folder E:\modman\addons_dcs (or something like that anyway

7: closed modman and copied and paste some mods in the said folder

8: ran modman again, clicked button mods installer

9: I GOT THE GDAMN ERROR AGAIN:mad:

please help me, im clueless on what to do now

i also found the following information in regards to powerbuilder and the given error;

R0002 Null object reference or Error failure loading dynamic library. A referenced object is not valid (not created). Can also occur when the object in question cannot be found in the EXE or in one of the PBDs/DLLs. R0002 Null object reference

see below website

http://eric.aling.tripod.com/PB/pberrors.htm

this is the home page of the above side;

http://eric.aling.tripod.com/PB/powerbuilder.htm

it seemed that ModMan091022.txt is some sort of logfile thus i attached it incase it could be helpfull

ModMan091022.rar

Edited by 159th_Falcon
added website about powerbuilder and added modman log

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you have the proper .NET framework installed for ModMan? Now keep in mind, you must use the exact .NET framework that ModMan requires, the latest versions of .NET do not have some backwards compatibility with calls to older versions of the .NET API.

no idea, how can i figure out what .NET framework ModMan requires?

**EDIT**

my .NET framework version is version 2.0.50727.42

**edit2**

dont ask me why, but i just restarted windows in safe mode and tried running Modman from there

NO PROBLEMS

I hope this helps someone to identify the problem for me.

Thanx alot in advance

Edited by 159th_Falcon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Suddenly popped up, strange thing is it happened after i disabled UAC in Vista and disabled the notification for it every time the computer boots up.

Yet on that same restart i had installed another DCS:BS instance cause i thought i needed to run two instances to be able to host a server and fly on it.

(boy was i wrong, completely misunderstood some people)

It has worked for an while without any problems though, ill try turning off the virus scanner and see what happens.

**EDIT**

Now what The Heck is going on here, i turned UAC back on, restarted my computer and the error is gone.

Never hearth of an program that required UAC to be on to be able to work properly, guess its worth investigating a bit more.

Anyway, REP INBOUND for letting me remind on what i did before this happened.

Curious what will happen if i turn UAC back off, will let you all know

**EDIT**

ok i can now confirm that setting the UAC to off causes the Null object reference error.

(switched on and of for 5 times same results every time)

Anyone knows why this is and if there is a way to turn off UAC while keeping modman functioning normal?

Edited by 159th_Falcon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Suddenly popped up, strange thing is it happened after i disabled UAC in Vista and disabled the notification for it every time the computer boots up.

Yet on that same restart i had installed another DCS:BS instance cause i thought i needed to run two instances to be able to host a server and fly on it.

(boy was i wrong, completely misunderstood some people)

It has worked for an while without any problems though, ill try turning off the virus scanner and see what happens.

**EDIT**

Now what The Heck is going on here, i turned UAC back on, restarted my computer and the error is gone.

Never hearth of an program that required UAC to be on to be able to work properly, guess its worth investigating a bit more.

Anyway, REP INBOUND for letting me remind on what i did before this happened.

Curious what will happen if i turn UAC back off, will let you all know

**EDIT**

ok i can now confirm that setting the UAC to off causes the Null object reference error.

(switched on and of for 5 times same results every time)

Anyone knows why this is and if there is a way to turn off UAC while keeping modman functioning normal?

Programs and games that run from the Program Files (x86) directory have some permission issues with Vista and Windows 7. I would suggest installing your DCS: Black Shark installation to "C:\Eagle Dynamics\KA50" etc..., that way you avoid permission problems with the Program Files (x86) directory. Try that, and see if your UAC can be disabled with it installed to your C:\.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Falcon , modman is bullshit ! it's not written by progammer but by dumbass, it's totaly unfinished and only work with copying files, that's all! Cdds explorer = total bullshit, complete unfinished!!! install mods manually, don't use this.

Falcon , modman is bullshit ! it's not written by progammer but by dumbass, it's totaly unfinished and only work with copying files, that's all! Cdds explorer = total bullshit, complete unfinished!!! install mods manually, don't use this.

uhm..o.k.:huh::lol:

Edited by Lizzard

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

I think the dumb ass is you perhaps you should learn to read the last post was in 2009 so why did you think this was still working, perhaps ask first before you try, the good lord gave you 2 eyes, 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason so you can see everything hear everything and if you are not sure ASK.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit