Creating higth poly 3D Models and sending it to the DEVS

wsoul2k

Basic Information

1. Quantity of triangles up to 50 thousand.

2. Animation for all movable parts (wings mechanization, elevators and rudders, landing gear, canopy, air-brakes and spoilers, hook, a brake parachute, etc.)

3. The sizes of the textures should be multiple to two (1024x1024; 2048x1024; 2048x2048; 1024x128 …., etc.). Usually some parts in such sizes.

4. Textures only in a .BMP and .TGA format.

5. Materials only standard.

6. LOD levels.

LOD1 – reduction of quantity of triangles from the original size on 30 %.

LOD2 – reduction of quantity of triangles twice from LOD1.

LOD3 – reduction of quantity of triangles twice from LOD2.

LOD4-30-100 triangles.

Thus we do not guarantee that the given model will be necessarily inserted into game if a model will not satisfy us.

Chizh

ED

All aircaft models have the same 50.000 max limit poly count

Use Pivot orientation to the moving parts.

About Damage Models if you are able to do it, DO IT :D

Ground and Naval Models

For Naval models it is possible to use the same poly count as for planes.

For ground units it is desirable an lower poly count.

LOD levels should be LOD1, LOD2, LOD3.

IMPORTANT !!!!

Until now the Devs agree in evaluate\insert only already in game models, if you wanna start a complete NEW (i.e not already in the game) aircraft do it at your on risk no promisses have being made to evaluate\insert this projects

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fin_view_full_cropped.jpg

SU-27 from TS-77strikemax

Here is he reply to Kuoster in another forum

I would only make this public when Im like 30-40% down the way. As you might have guessed, I've just started this. My approach is to isolate every single part and work on it as if it is "the project",in its own file. This way I will guarantee most details. Just imagine how long could that be.

If you wish, yes you can release the news, but I will be busy modelling. I don't even have time to play LOMAC in my spare time .

Thanks again

capture6.jpg

Mirage F1 from KnellKnell It is not already in the Game so we dont have any guarantee it will be evaluated...but i really hope we can see this baby in Lomac..hey Devs take a look :wink:

capture9.jpg

capture8.jpg

post-79-1100387681.jpg

a-interieur.jpg

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

Re: Creating higth poly 3D Models and sending it to the DEVS

The only problem is that the rules for the models are not very precise. It needs a lot more in order to create a model. Please see SFP1 modeling FAQ (release by the TKWire).

50000 p i presume in total for all LODS summed up.

Model good, my congratulations.

And why Mirage F-1??? he only hardly is younger than the Mirage-III.

But all the same it only is good, I shall be glad if in game one more plane, under management AI will appear.

Hurrah, Hurrah, Hurrah comrades!!!

Комплекс «Андреич 84» производства УзССР с ЦБВМ «Аналитик-Т», РЭБ «ПОЭТ-МА 21В», ПрНК «Jameson 23» производит поиск цели типа «Т» для взятия на АС и последующего ТО согласно ИЭ книги «К», а так же для нерегламентированных работ.

Do any of you know anyone working on the Tornado aircraft? just interested to see whether there is any interest in our native attack jet on the modelling side... no bias of course... :wink:

"I love smashing the crap out of those buggers on the ground who keep making a beeping sound on my RWR..... the bells the bells!!!!!!.... erm yeah.... I like destroying SAM sites, thats the main point"

• ED Team

The model looks attractive.

My respect to KnellKnell! :)

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

The only problem is that the rules for the models are not very precise. It needs a lot more in order to create a model. Please see SFP1 modeling FAQ (release by the TKWire).

50000 p i presume in total for all LODS summed up.

Can u send the FAQ to me ? r.f.m@terra.com.br

and 50.000 poly count is to LOD1 only

LOD2, LOD3, LOD4 are based in a Percetual frfom LOD1

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

• ED Team

Yes we suppose 50 000 polys counts for LOD 1 only. But elements enter into this quantity the gears, cockpit, pylons and some other elements visible only at damages.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Yes we suppose 50 000 polys counts for LOD 1 only. But elements enter into this quantity the gears, cockpit, pylons and some other elements visible only at damages.

OK :D i understand tank you Chizh

To make the things clear :idea: ... the entire finished 3D Model mut have an MAX poly count of 50.000 in LOD1

:D

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

Stay tunned TS-77strikemax is working on the fuselage and maybe we wll have some pics of his work.

here is his reply in another forum.

...Thank you for the post. That single orphan pic of the fin is all i have right now . Today I have started working on the fuselage, Maybe I will be able to post what ever is finished later tonight

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

Because a good template is, i think the base of a good model, i've spent sometime on it .... It is very basic, but it should be a good base for evryone who wants skining my model :)

http://knell.chez.tiscali.fr/simu/01-mapping.jpg

http://knell.chez.tiscali.fr/simu/01-mapping-1.jpg

http://knell.chez.tiscali.fr/simu/01-mapping-2.jpg

http://knell.chez.tiscali.fr/simu/01-mapping-3.jpg