Stuttering problems.

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me on this one.

I just bought an Asus K8V SE Deluxe mainboard with an Amd Athlon 64 3000+. I am running this with 768 mb ram memory ( 333mhz), 30 GB hardisk and an Ati Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb. Before this I had an MSI KT3 Ultra with an AMD Athlon XP 1900+.

With the new system I experience better FPS overall, but now I get much stuttering within missions with much AI ( for example the first A10 campaign mission). Loading also cost very much time and some sounds doesn't work too( RWR sounds work, but not the engine sounds for example.)

I already reinstalled Lomac and uninstalled the videodriver and installed another one, but I still have those problems.

I hope you can help me on this one, cause, as you can understand I am a little bit disappointed, cause I bought expensive mainboard and cpu and have better fps but can't enjoy it much due to the stuttering.

355th_XANTRIS.jpg

i recently discovered this little beauty here http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951 this PCI Latency tool enabled me to drop my overexcessive 255clks on my ATi Radeon 9700pro down to a more sensible 64clks, and now i get stutter and static free gameplay and more stable FPS (not higher though) oh and if you use ATI Tray Tools you can do the same from within that prog too

What Mustang mentioned also worked for me. I no longer have sudden frame drops or sound glitches as often as I used to. Everything in game feels alot smoother.

Apart from the odd missing cockpit graphics on first spawn, I'm still trying to work that out.

Also I'd like to mention you often defragment your hardrive. A good program I've used for some time is Diskeeper Lite. Its freeware also.

GL. :)

dredd4hd0.jpg

---= 169th Panthers -Flt Lt.- =---

http://www.169thpanthers.com.au

tbdreddey7.png

AMD64 S939 3700 | 2GB Corsair DDR500 | 21" CRT

ATI Radeon X800Pro | 2x36GB WD Raptors | SB Audigy

TIR3 | TM-868 | X52 | CH Pedals | Creative 5.1 Spkrs

stuttering, gRRRRRRRRR!!!!

i hadn't had stuttering in months of playing lomac...:evil:

but after 2 days of playing falcon4 and americas army,

last night i switched back to lomac and just before my flight i decided to uninstall zzzspace soundpack 7.2 and installed the version 8.0 instead. (i did nothing else on my comp!!!)

then i tried to launched the mission added in his pack...

Now, i have stuttering EVERYWHERE, campaings,all single missions, A10/.../SU33 quick missions every seconds.

I tried to turn off sound acceleration in dxdiag, nothing changed !

I tried the PCI latency tools and tried different values for my 9800 pro (first 64, second time 32), nothing changed.

I tried to change the resolutions of my desktop and lomac then switched back to my default settings (1024*768), nothing changed (this trick did solved my stuttering problem a few months ago though)

I also defragged my hardrive twice

i am completly clueless and angry

nb: since i uninstalled zzzspace sound pack 8.0 but i still have stuttering !

It's quite unsafe to tweak such stuff to whatever you guess values. Better search for a recommendations or other users` experience.

PCI Latency tweaking is here since RivaTNT cars, which liked to set their latency to 256. Back then, it was recommended to set it to "safe" 128.

Latter nVidia cards continue to use 2xx values, but most of the stuttering problems past years were caused by sound cards, especially from those CreativeLaDs.

A good practice would be disabling all teh useless crap in bios - LPT, COM, USB (if unused). APIC especially in nForce2 m-boards isn't a good thing either.

Remove useless progs and services in background, be careful with AA (with AAA too :) and there should not be any stuttering.

Have fun,

chp

chp, lol true, on my gigabyte nforce2 motherboard i do indeed have the LPT port, COM1 and 2 disabled and when i did a fresh reinstall of windows i changed the APIC to PIC (so i don't get an abmornal amount of IRQs)........also, ensuring that the PCI soundcard is in slot3 (slot5 can work too i've heard)on the motherboard stops alot of issues, AGP cards hate IRQ conflicts and can be a prime reason for sound/FPS problems on some peoples machines