4 members have voted

1. 1. Lock On: Flaming Cliffs Distribution Option Polling

• Visa, CD delivery
    • Visa, Download
    • PayPal, CD delivery
    • PayPal, Download

• ED Team

Hi guys and gals,

As a consultant to Eagle Dynamics, I am assisting them in identifying the best way to independently distribute the Lock On 1.1 FC add-on. As you have probably heard, a PayPal option will be available through the http://www.lockon.ru/index.php?lang=en website. However, Eagle wants to explore additional distribution options outside the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). These include a Visa payment option as well as a CD mailing that would cost a bit more than the $35.00 price of the download option (this price may change). Note that the CD mailing option would likely only include the CD in a sleeve (no box or printed manual).

Before getting too far ahead of ourselves regarding the CD mailing option, we first need to identify if there is a large enough demand for such an option. Please make your voice heard in this thread and let us know which distribution option you’d prefer.

Thanks,

Matt Wagner

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a crummy dial-up, so I am guessing d/load would be a nightmare for me. I would certainly be interested in CD. Would it be the same CD that is being sold in CIS?

I have friends in Moscow so as a last resort could get them to buy CIS CD version and post it to me, but of course then I have possible problems installing as I dont speak Russian...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

sorry, but i cannot buy a product like this without a backup (a cd of some sorts). so ill wait until its sold in stores. (or some one can mail it to me)

this is the problem Wolf it will only be in RUSSIAN stores if you will wait to be released in USA stores you will wait forever

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

I'm OK with paying through Paypal and then downloading it, and wouldn't spend the extra money to get a CD, but I think it'd be a great idea to have a real CD available for those with slower internet connections. And then there's a certain number of people who just want to hold an official CD, regardless of being able to download a copy. :) We simmers are nothing if not fanatical.

I think the Visa option is great too, in case people don't want to / don't trust / or just plain aren't able to use Paypal.

I am happy downloading it using paypal but like the others, i too like having an original cd. Call it an collectors item if you would.

Theres just something about it. A burnt cd with felt pen scrawled over it just isnt quite the same.

Thanks for all your work on this Matt. Appreciate you looking after our interests.

cobra_sig01.jpg

I would opt for a CD distribution since I consider sims like LOMAC as high quality collectables and its not respectable to have the download in a zip file somewhere comapred to a hard copy of a CD with the LO:FC printed on it officially from ED.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

For those of you with CD burners that still want the CD, what is your primary motivation given that this option will be more expensive and you'll have to wait longer? Curious.

Thanks,

Matt

to feed the devs? devs need food or no patches right?

Well for me it all depends on how long it would take to ship the CD to somewhere like Australia. It also depends on whether the exported Flaming Cliffs CD will feature artwork printed on the actual disc and not just boring text (eg: FLAMING CLIFFS V1.1 INSTALL.EXE).

If it's gonna take 3 weeks to have the CD sent compared to a download that will take a night then I'd probably rather the D/L... So long as we can always access a copy should our file become corrupted or god forbid a blackout occurs during the download! This is my major concern. I don't know the process involved in paying up over the net THEN getting my software.

VISA would also be an option I would strongly consider.

Thankyou very much for keeping in touch with the masses Matt. :)

Just when you thought it was safe to go back over the water...

Flight Lieutenant "Jaws"

169th Panthers

Matt,

Thanks for asking for input from the community!

My choices are:

VISA

and

CD

or

DOWNLOAD with ability to resume in middle of download and ability to burn to CD