camera angle

u can modify a line in the graphics.cfg that says camera terrrain restriction. it is by def 1....set it to 0. and u can get those angles.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

u can modify a line in the graphics.cfg that says camera terrrain restriction. it is by def 1....set it to 0. and u can get those angles.

thanks! Actually the file are /config/view/view.cfg AND view.lua, but the lines you told me were correct ;)

thanks again!

another question: is there a way to get the camera closer to aircraft (active objects, i.e. non static ground objects)?

Is there any way to alter the default 'Ctrl *' camera setting? For some reason, using 'Ctrl*' looks a lot better than the normal '*' method of zooming, and it's a pain in the a$$ to keep readjusting the zoom settings in game because they eventually reset.

sigzk5.jpg

I was wondering about this...thanks! So u must edit that line for both of those .lua files? And all this will effect is how low the camera can go right? I dont want any other problems, bugs, or conflits like the camera being able to go past and through underground for exmaple. :wink:

KuostASigcopy.png

I was wondering about this...thanks! So u must edit that line for both of those .lua files? And all this will effect is how low the camera can go right? I dont want any other problems, bugs, or conflits like the camera being able to go past and through underground for exmaple. :wink:

yeah, the camera will go underground, because it has no limits :)

the cool thing is that below the ground, there is the sea... did you know it? :)

I hope the sea below the ground is not normally rendered... if this was the case maybe we could have found a place where a few FPS get lost! ;)

• 7 months later...

Hi,

and what about this feature on 1.1?

I've only found and modified "CameraTerrainRestriction = 0;" in view.cfg

but I can't find anything in view.lua, and in the game it doesn't work.

What should I do to get the camera down to the ground?

thanks,

M.

• ED Team

I've got the same problem here, i have changed it to 0 in "view.cfg" but still the camera can't go as low as i would like it to go..

Wonder why this is the case in FC, but not in 1.02..

And another thing, the "chase.lua" file is missing as well..

I remember from 1.02 that you could alter the "F4" view, and place the camera anywhere you wanted on the body of your jet.... this is not possible anymore, or is it...?? If anyone knows any answers to these issues, please let me know, going to need it for the next movies im gonna make.

Its all in the server.lua now..not in the view.lua anymore in 1.1

Set it to:

CameraTerrainRestriction = false

The editing of the F4 view is still possible...you need to change it in the server.lua as well.

Scroll down in the server lua. till you see this:

function GetRearCameraPosition(iType)

local p = CockpitLocalPoint[iType]

local r = {}

r[1] = p[1] - 9.7

r[2] = p[2] - 2.0

r[3] = -6.0

return r[1], r[2], r[3]

The Values for r[1],[2] and [3] will move camera forward,backward/up,down and left/right.

(This one is alrdy modified so ur values will be different there.This one is close to pylon number 2 for a missile view as an example)