Small 1.1 Update

• ED Team

I just spoke with the director at Eagle and got a few facts to pass along:

1- The primary reason for the recent delay has been to complete the set up of the infrastructure to release the add-on online. Unlike previous Eagle products that have been released through a publisher that specialized in such things, Eagle is doing this all on their own. As such, there have been surprises and unexpected delays that go hand-in-hand with any company self-publishing for the first time. In the end though, I believe having Eagle self-publish will be best for the product, Eagle, and for flight sims in general. There have simply been some growing pains. Some posters here have dealt with these pains better than others (I'll leave it at that).

2- To not repeat the bandwidth issues of the 1.1 demo, Eagle has set up two high speed mirrors and a third "on call" if needed once 1.1 is released.

3- In addition to PayPal, Eagle will have Verisign (Visa / MasterCard) support about a week after release.

4- As to when 1.1 will be available, I can only say “soon”. As perhaps an indication, I just edited the web page announcement that 1.1 is available. It won't be long now. Hang in there. I really see this as the first, wobbly, baby step for this new business model.

Bests,

Matt

I was a bit surprised but, I shouldnt. Selling games by the internet by a new Software House in this field usually results on delays. We should have expected this.

This was my post in another thread.

1- The primary reason for the recent delay has been to complete the set up of the infrastructure to release the add-on online. Unlike previous Eagle products that have been released through a publisher that specialized in such things, Eagle is doing this all on their own. As such, there have been surprises and unexpected delays that go hand-in-hand with any company self-publishing for the first time. In the end though, I believe having Eagle self-publish will be best for the product, Eagle, and for flight sims in general. There have simply been some growing pains. Some posters here have dealt with these pains better than others (I'll leave it at that).

See? This delay is perfectly understandable. Im with you Matt, I think that the new business model will help much ED than any cash-eating publishers out there.

Thanks for the update. Just a question, your "soon" ETA for FC is in days or weeks? :icon_jook I know you may not be able to answer, but I couldnt resist the question. :D

Thanks Matt.

Might want to lock this thread so it doesn't get hijacked.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1