If I install FC 1.1 can I still play 1.02?

If I purchase Flaming Cliffs and install it, do I still have an option to play 1.02 with my friends who only have the original Lock-On?

I'm having trouble finding any info on this as the install recommends that you completely uninstall your game first and that you don't need to patch it before installing 1.1.

Any help would be appreciated.

JR

Yes. Try this. Copy/Paste your present V1.02 installation to a new folder with a different name. (It would be best if you could burn the installation to DVD instead to get it off the hard drive completely.) Then follow Wag's proceedure in the "1.1 Install Advice" sticky and install V1.0 and update to V1.1.

Create two shortcuts. One should point to the "lockon.bat" file inside the Lock-On 1.02 parent folder and the other to the identically named file in the V1.1 installation. Then just use the appropriate shortcut to start the version you want. That's how I ran V1.02 and V1.1 Beta on my computer.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Yes. Try this. Copy/Paste your present V1.02 installation to a new folder with a different name. (It would be best if you could burn the installation to DVD instead to get it off the hard drive completely.) Then follow Wag's proceedure in the "1.1 Install Advice" sticky and install V1.0 and update to V1.1.

Create two shortcuts. One should point to the "lockon.bat" file inside the Lock-On 1.02 parent folder and the other to the identically named file in the V1.1 installation. Then just use the appropriate shortcut to start the version you want. That's how I ran V1.02 and V1.1 Beta on my computer.

Rich

Thanks Ironhand. Great advice...much appreciated. I'll try to burn 1.02 to DVD like you mentioned.