FC stuck at the very start

Hi all,

Like many of you here, I've just installed Flaming Cliffs ( No need to notice that I followed Wags' notice carefully ). After Install, I double-click on Lockon 1.1 icon with a lot of excitement, enter my activation key in the Starforce window, clicks on OK, and........

Nothing. The LO icon appears on the taskbar, I can hear the sound of the loading screen, the mouse pointer turns into the grey-yellow LO hourglass when in the middle of the screen (returns to normal windows pointer on the outer). And nothing more. I've waited quite long, but nothing goes forward...

I defragged my disk, changed my GPU drivers, restarted many times and so on, I'm still stuck.

If any of you has any suggestion (and I really mean ANY ! ), please tell me, I ain't got any idea left :D

Thanks

sigpic55586_3.gif

icone_Ka-50.png In Mud I Trust. icone_Su-25.png

The first time you run the software, it registers some .dlls and sets up some configuration files. On my old Windows 98 system this can take a really long time. I've also seen it happen that the software freezes at this stage, but then after you restart the computer it loads normally after that.

I don't know what the problem could be on Window XP though. What do you call "a long time"? Maybe you should wait longer, or restart the computer and try again without re-installing? I often walk away from my computer for up to ten minutes while it is loading and then it works, but my computer is much slower than yours.

-SK

Well, problem solved... It's just a matter of how patient you are. I had to wat 50 minutes for LO to start, but it looks really great now.

Tnanks to you all !

50 minutes?!? Wow, I hope that it will be faster the second time...

Is your hard disk maybe almost full?

-SK

Hi all,

Like many of you here, I've just installed Flaming Cliffs ( No need to notice that I followed Wags' notice carefully ). After Install, I double-click on Lockon 1.1 icon with a lot of excitement, enter my activation key in the Starforce window, clicks on OK, and........

Nothing. The LO icon appears on the taskbar, I can hear the sound of the loading screen, the mouse pointer turns into the grey-yellow LO hourglass when in the middle of the screen (returns to normal windows pointer on the outer). And nothing more. I've waited quite long, but nothing goes forward...

I defragged my disk, changed my GPU drivers, restarted many times and so on, I'm still stuck.

If any of you has any suggestion (and I really mean ANY ! ), please tell me, I ain't got any idea left :D

Thanks

In this case use the manual activation mode. DO NOT use automatic mode anymore - it'll take your activations.

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

Well, I actually used manual activation, and followed Dmut instructions.

However, I need to wait approximately 1 hour each time I start FC, and that's not what I call comfortable. I've restarted my computer, de-activatid antivirus software, disabled Virual CD-ROM drives, but it doesn't help.

My HDD has 60% of its capacity left (wich means 25Go left)...

I'm beginning to think I made a huge mistake yesterday...

sigpic55586_3.gif

• ED Team

To ALL

Please try launch 1.1 via lockon.bat file in the root lockon 1.1 folder.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

weird, I have only 2 drivers too :confused:

lockon takes 16 sec to start loading...which is quite long but not as long as Berkout

Asus A7N8X-E (nForce2) + Athlon XP3000 + Geforce 4 ti 4200 (64 MB) + drivers 66.93+ 1 GB ram (dual chanel mode)

win 2000 sp4 + direct-X 9c

I'm gonna have to say you have a bad install. Download FC again and reinstall it.

BUT before second install try to NOT uninstal previous attempt. This may save your activations.

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

berkoutskaia , Kovy

you don't need more then 2 SF drivers to play FC. other SF drivers comes from other games.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Problem Solved !

I spent the afternoon doing a complete system re-install (disk format etc...)

And it worked, I can eventually enjoy Flamming Cliffs.

There's just another problem to solve now :

sf2mq.jpg

but I'm pretty sure ED will answer that next week :D

Thanks all for your support !

sigpic55586_3.gif