NaturalPoint is going to sell English CD version

Posted on SimHQ:

http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=37;t=006808;p=2

Hello:

Just wanted to pop in here and let you all know that LOMAC 1.1 supports the Z axis in TrackIR Enhanced with Vector. So, now you can zoom in with your head, way cool. I have had the game for a bit longer than Carl, sorry Carl, for testing the new Z axis, they really pulled it off well, TrackIR Enhanced is much better in this release.

Also, NaturalPoint will be announcing a retail Boxed version of 1.1 in the near future. The disks are being made now. So, if you want to have a physical copy of the game and want to pay with a standard Visa / Amex payment system, wait a bit and use our online store.

We will have more info on this shortly, but I wanted to let you all know about the option, as Eagle didn't, so you don't end up with an online copy if you want a hard copy.

--------------------

Jim

www.naturalpoint.com

personally I'm waiting for this option. ED's online activation scheme is still in beta stage it seems and I rather avoid the issue all togther.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Guest ruggbutt

It has Starforce bflagg. You have to play w/the disc in the tray. Different method same copy protections.

I have no problem with StarForce or copy protection in general. My only concern is the seemingly flawed release of the downloadable version with StarForce activations being used for regular installs, which is not how ED or StarForce communicated it would be. I hope it gets cleared up, but until then I'm holding off purchasing the DL content. If that means I can get a CD before then, then that's the route I"m going.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

I downloaded Flaming Cliffs and installed it using the download method. Absolutely no problem.

I commend Eagle Dynamics for their eforts.

Soon many software distributors will be following in your footsteps.

Well Done!

It would certainly be great for people in the US if they could buy a CD with "standard protection" (just like the Russian version, or Silent Hunter III) instead of the activation system for the download version. I guess we'll have to see if that's the case with the "NaturalPoint version" - just like with the one from SimWare (which is probably more interesting for us Europeans ;)).

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

This copy protection system reminds me of those I've seen in the late 80's and 90's that only allowed a certain number of installations. However, they normally had an "unistall' feature that would allow you to increment your install count back up on a valid unisnstall from the primary computer (to allow you to move it to another machine). Any such support with this system?

Pud

It has Starforce bflagg. You have to play w/the disc in the tray. Different method same copy protections.

Ruggybutt,

I'd rather have a CD verification method (even tho it does violate my right as US Citizen to have a legitimate backup), than an instrusive protection scheme that installs on my PC.

Thanks,

Brett

The CD version in CIS has no StarFarce if I remember right..

Why should this be different?

Russian version has starforce and we have to keep CD in drive. I've installed additional drive only to play LockOn, thats sucks...

I have no problem with StarForce or copy protection in general. My only concern is the seemingly flawed release of the downloadable version with StarForce activations being used for regular installs, which is not how ED or StarForce communicated it would be. I hope it gets cleared up, but until then I'm holding off purchasing the DL content. If that means I can get a CD before then, then that's the route I"m going.

I don’t have a problem with CP either but I guess everyone has a limit to what they are willing to put up with in the name of security. For me it’s the limited install that I just object to… that said I would have still bought FC after things were sorted out but now I’m more than just content to wait for the CD of 1.1 to be released which is what I wanted in the first place. :)

Russian version has starforce and we have to keep CD in drive. I've installed additional drive only to play LockOn, thats sucks...

I don’t mind keeping the CD in the tray but why did you have to put another drive in your PC?

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

.... - just like with the one from SimWare (which is probably more interesting for us Europeans icon_wink.gif).

UK simmers may also be interested in checking out RCSimulations, who are listing the English CD version on their website for £25.49 (excl VAT+delivery). I didnt check to see if they actually have stock though and will leave that to those interested. Check out www.rc-simulations.co.uk/

P.S. - I have no involvement with RCSimulations beyond being a very satisified customer.

per chance, Do you have DaemonTools or other legit CD imaging software?

Is StarFarce disabling/blocking it?

I have Daemon-Tools running non stop and also had it running during activation. No interference noticed. Its working like before.

Hi guys,

Well I emailed both SimWare and R C Simulations regarding the release date which is stated on the SimWare site as the 29-Apr-2005.

Here’s their replies;

SimWare;

According to the developers, they should keep that release date.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be pleased

to help you.

Best Regards,

--------------------------------------------------------------

R C Simulations;

It will be the CD version ( or DVD if thats how it comes) version of

Flaming Cliffs that we will be stocking. We are waiting for the

supplier to advise when they are ready to ship to us. We don't expect

a long delay but at the moment, the only version is the downloadable

one which we won't be doing. I will advise you when we expect to get

stock to sell.

Best Regards

As you can see even they don’t have a lot of info but at least we can expect to see the CD version of FC around the end of this month.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

This is excelent knews... Ill have it ordered as soon as its in stock, keep this bumped or stiky'ed or make a new sticky thread. ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P