re-install of 1.1

Yep it does. I had to reinstall windows yesterday, so i backed up the reg key, formatted the drive, installed windows & lockon, imported the registry key and no starforce window was seen :)

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Please post in detail how to back up the registry key. Many people here don't know how.

Yes, it'll be good. Do it please.

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

ruggbutt, it's easy :)

regedit /ea mykeys.reg "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn 1.1 Flaming Cliffs"

sorry, I can't check it for working right now.

to import:

regedit -s mykeys.reg

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

A picture of how the RegEdit Export option works.

You can save your 1.1 registry settings to a file.

RedEdit2.jpg

Another technique I've used successfully is to use RegEdit to rename the Eagle Dynamics registry key. I like to use double zeros in front of the name to make it easy to find later; for example HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\00Eagle Dynamics

After you do this you can use Control Panel-Add/Remove programs to uninstall 1.1.

Then after you do your re-installation, go back into RegEdit and rename

the registry key from 00Eagle Dynamics to Eagle Dynamics.

As is always the case with Registry Editing - you work at your own risk:

(1)Make sure you have a good System Restore point

(2)Always have a backup copy of the Registry file in case you mess something up.

So WhiskeyRomeo, this is almost to easy to be true, but if i get it right, change the name in the registry to 00Eagle Dynamics,un install 1.1,re install 1.1,change back in the registry to Eagle Dynamics, and there are no problems anymore with the "....activations left" screen?????????????????????

In this case all probs are solved for the FC community, are they not????

So what is stopping people from using this method to install on a 2nd pc? I'm pretty sure you could do it and not loose an activation? Same goes for a hardware change for that matter?

I wouldnt advise anyone to mess with the registry if they dont know what they are doing. (unless you are into spending alot of hours on reformatting your pc) The computer NOOBS should leave this alone.

As far as this solving all the issues for the comunity I would say no. There is still the issue of SF itself being on my pc. I wont have it on mine. Others feel the same just check the poll here and at ubi.com comunity is nearly split in half of who bought it and are happy and those who arent going to buy it due to starforce being on it.

In this case all probs are solved for the FC community, are they not????

We could wish that would solve all problems that easily, huh?

I used the 00Eagle Dynamics key rename option myself. Then the registry key doesnt get deleted during un-install. In any case its good to have a backup of that key safe some place else (using export) and a good backup for the whole registry, plus a good system restore point.

Using RegEdit is a bit agressive for a lot of computer users since so much can go wrong if you're not careful. But I hope this will help a lot of people avoid the activation limit if they need to re-install ver 1.1.

So what is stopping people from using this method to install on a 2nd pc? I'm pretty sure you could do it and not loose an activation? Same goes for a hardware change for that matter?

I wouldnt advise anyone to mess with the registry if they dont know what they are doing. (unless you are into spending alot of hours on reformatting your pc) The computer NOOBS should leave this alone.

2nd computer and hardware changes are completely different matters since the activation key is coded to the systems unique hardware. It wouldnt work at all using the procedure describe above.

Most people will have no problems if they follow the advice carefully, and make sure they have a good system restore point in the event "Stuff Happens Anyway". This particular registry key deals with LockOn only so its not likely someone would stuff his whole system trying this trick.

If you do just a re-install (not after a complete format), you don't need to import the registry after your re-install. Just tried it because i installed it on top of 1.02 and it didn't ran smooth.

So i uninstalled the game, rebooted and re-installed it again over 1.0 this time without the import of the registry... no StarForce pop-up either... ;)

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Using the info Dmut provided, I have created two small batch files to backup and restore the Lockon 1.1 registry keys.

You can find them on http://www.dutch-flankers.net in the downloads section.

Look for "lockon-registry.zip"

I haven't tested it yet, because I am still waiting for the memory replacement for my PC.

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

A picture of how the RegEdit Export option works.

You can save your 1.1 registry settings to a file.

RedEdit2.jpg

Another technique I've used successfully is to use RegEdit to rename the Eagle Dynamics registry key. I like to use double zeros in front of the name to make it easy to find later; for example HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\00Eagle Dynamics

After you do this you can use Control Panel-Add/Remove programs to uninstall 1.1.

Then after you do your re-installation, go back into RegEdit and rename

the registry key from 00Eagle Dynamics to Eagle Dynamics.

As is always the case with Registry Editing - you work at your own risk:

(1)Make sure you have a good System Restore point

(2)Always have a backup copy of the Registry file in case you mess something up.

But after the new install, you will already have a new key with the same name or haven't you? So will renaming the old one overwrite the new one, or am I completely wrong?

355th_XANTRIS.jpg