SU-25T Cockpit Instruments?

MBT

Some of the instruments in the cockpit are not fully described in the manual. Does anyone have more info on the following bits:

• EKRAN test system display
  • Hydraulic Pressure Meter (i.e. what does each strip represent?)
  • Warning Lamps

Thanks

Hmm, someone a master of the Su-25T cockpit out there give this chap a helping hand? ;)

Sorry dude, don't have the game, nor do I have the manual with me as of now. :(

(Damn, should have saved the manual before uninstalling the demo)

Salute! :3

• ED Team
Some of the instruments in the cockpit are not fully described in the manual. Does anyone have more info on the following bits:

• EKRAN test system display
  • Hydraulic Pressure Meter (i.e. what does each strip represent?)
  • Warning Lamps

Thanks

Right now EKRAN has only 4 messages:

1) Пожар лев двигателя - left engine fire;

2) Пожар прав двигателя - right engine fire;

3) Отказ гидро - hydraulics failure;

4) Нет подкачки - no fuel.

Each strip of hydraulic pressure meter presents current pressure in one of two hydraulics systems of the aircraft.

Warning lamps... Wich lamps you need to describe?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Hey Olgerd,

Thanks for the tips so far!

The warning lamps are the ones below the EKRAN and above the hydraulic gauges, i.e. in the manual the EKRAN is labelled 7, the gauges are labelled 11, and the warning lamps are labelled 10. Any ideas?

On the hydraulic strips, do you know which systems are tied to which circuit, or is a redundant thing? For example, if we lose hydraulic pressure in ciruit 1, do we lose the flaps??

Thanks

• 2 years later...

The frog doesn't really have a large main warning light array. Most of the various lights are scattered about the cockpit usually in the area of a related instrument. Excessive AoA warning is located right above the AoA meter, Auto pilot lights are on the AP panel itself, etc.

The small group of 5 lights.. ehhhhhhmmmm... I think one of em is "canopy open" The left top and bottom glow amber when electrical power is turned on, (idle engines) and go out as they spool up... That's all I can think of here at work. The manual is lacking a lot of information. No shortage of work to do on that thing.

• 9 months later...

hi, can you help me please

i make a Pit , and I search the assign of this light on Su 25T

http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=voyantjx3.jpg

I know the assign of 2 lights ( at left ) hydraulic engine 1 and 2

but the other ??

thank's for your answer

and excuse me for my poor english langage

the link of my Pit build on the 3rd Wing website

http://www.3rd-wing.net/index.php?showtopic=5701

FC_V1.12a_192a.jpg

English transliteration: pomyat. Translation: Memory.

...The warning lamps...

FC_V1.12a_191a.jpg

Hydro 1 is powered by the left engine and controls the flaps.

Hydro 2 is powered by the right engine and controls the landing gear.

Not sure if I've ever seen the other 3 lamps lit.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

If I remember correctly, the "pamyat" lights up when the EKRAN monitoring system has recorded (memorized) an event that should be analyzed by ground crew. Irrelevant in game.

As for the pressure bars: watch them when you apply brakes (naturally, do this on ground). Now you know which two represent the pressure applied to the brakes (pressure rises on two of the bars). At the same time, the pressure on the other bars drops, that also drops when moving flaps. Those are the available pressures in the hydraulic cylinders.

Now let's do something interesting. After the engines have been running for some time (so max hydro pressure is available), turn them off. When the engines stop, there is nothing more on the aircraft available to generate hydraulic pressure (at least not modeled, don't know if there are aux or manual pumps IRL on Su-25), so the "ОТКАЗ ГИДРО" or "FAILURE HYDRO" lights up. Now apply brakes, and watch the pressure gauges. The brake pressure rises (but not to the max), the available pressure drops. So.. that seems to be the same as with engines running. But now release the brakes, and apply them again a fey times. See, the available pressure doesn't go back to max! And the max pressure what you get from brakes is lower and lower with each push of the brakes.

THE POINT OF ALL THIS (:)): When landing with your engines out, do not "pump" the brakes. If you do, you will loose brake power, and end up in the grass. One, steady application is what gets you stopped. :)

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.