old Bugs in New FC?

Hi all

Ive any Problems with my SU27.

I have build a Map witrh two F16C.

During the Fly my radar has some Problems with scans

first picture: the target is aprox. 100km far from me! the range from the HDD is in this time 64km but also i can`t see the target in the range of 128 or 256!

second picture: i can see the target if had a Spike

third Picture: on the Hud i can see Target over target.

After restart the map i had the same problems!

answers?

see Picture:

locknotarget.jpg

locktarget.jpg

manytarget.jpg

bit of language barrier, not really sure what you are trying to explain, but could it be jamming and false returns on your scope?

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Hmm, these new radar modes ... they can be buggy and I wouldnt be surprised, after all they are new. But lets go on.

Do you any AWACS up? What radar mode are you using? TWS or SCAN?

I could almost bet these are bugs but... lets see what the others say.

100Km maybe to far to detect an F16, it needs to get a lot closer before you can pick it up. Also just because you can detect the F16's emissions doesn't mean it can see you. The signals bouncing on your aircraft is not powerful enough to return back to it which is also the explanation for why you can't pick it up if it is too far away.

Some answers,

1).You cannot detect an F-16 at 100km range with the Su-27 radar - let alone track it.

2). The radar will not stay in TWS mode, but automatically transitions to search mode if the enemy aircraft is using jammer.

3). When an enemy aircraft is jamming you, it will appear as a stream of contacts on your HUD.

So the reason why you can lock the target at 100km but not see it on the HDD, is because the radar has transitioned to HOJ mode and you have locked on to the jamming source.

No bugs - unless I misunderstood what you said :)

- JJ.

JJ

<Quote>Originally Posted by 355th_Xantris

Don't know if it's normal, but when I am in head on mode in Su-27 I only see the contacts on my hud and not on my MFD. In TWS mode, I see them on both.

Another one: I have mapped my trim to the Hat 1 on my X45. Sometimes when I fly in Su-27 and I click three times short after each other to trim down, I suddenly eject and the ejection is defenitely not mapped to that hat. When I recover I can't see my cockpit anymore and look straight into the blue sky. Can see my wings though.

When I set labels to off in the optionsscreen and set it global, I get them anyways in campaign mode.

Sometimes a missile won't launch.

And I have the same problem as Goya, can hear the lock in Su-27 with ecm on too. </Quote>

Read my first point.

This is what Han ( one of the developers I believe) answered:

<Quote>

1. Read the manual

2. Keys mapped in Lock On? Or it is a keyboard emulation?

3. Campaigns are loadeing it's own difficulty settings

4. When?

5. What you must hear you think?

</Quote>

So according to point one, it should be normal I think.

355th_XANTRIS.jpg

i now that i cant a detect a F16 at a range over 100km.

But see the first picture:

Can you explain me, why i can locked the target but in the HDD isn`t a target!

The Radarrange scan in the HDD isnt to see!

I have build the map and i now in this time the F16 is aprox. 100km far from me.

@skywall :rolleyes:

I mean online maps.

I have build the map and i now in this time the F16 is aprox. 100km far from me.

@skywall :rolleyes:

I mean online maps.

Remeber that in Scan mode you wont see your targets on the HDD..or will you? now i forgot... :icon_redf

Not seeing the Contact on MFD- I don't know if that's wrong or not, but that is the way I have it too. I get no HDD bandit symbology until I have locked on directly. (applies to burn through too) The HUD is the only place I have contact info up to that point. My guess is- not a bug.

As far as the F16 placing an apparent STT lock onto you from 60 or so miles away... ask Alfa. :P I mean- you're not actively jamming.

I already did explain it - please read my previous post again :)

If the enemy aircraft is using ECM then your radar will automatically transition to HOJ mode(thats why you cannot get it to stay in TWS).

The HUD will show a "stream of contacts" (false returns) - when placing the target cursor over this "stream" and pressing the "TAB" key, you will lock on to the ECM emission of the enemy. So it is not a "normal" radar lock, and the HDD will not show a scan zone because your radar is operating in passive mode(HOJ) .

Additionally, you will be able to lock on to a jamming source at far longer range than you would be able to obtain a normal radar lock.

- JJ.

JJ

I already did explain it - please read my previous post again :)

If the enemy aircraft is using ECM then your radar will automatically transition to HOJ mode(thats why you cannot get it to stay in TWS).

The HUD will show a "stream of contacts" (false returns) - when placing the target cursor over this "stream" and pressing the "TAB" key, you will lock on to the ECM emission of the enemy. So it is not a "normal" radar lock, and the HDD will not show a scan zone because your radar is operating in passive mode(HOJ) .

Additionally, you will be able to lock on to a jamming source at far longer range than you would be able to obtain a normal radar lock.

- JJ.

If he has trouble with language, maybe he doesn't know what "ECM" and "HOJ" are.

Ask him - what is the weapons load of the F-16? It has an electronic module on the belly?

-SK

If he has trouble with language, maybe he doesn't know what "ECM" and "HOJ" are.

Ask him - what is the weapons load of the F-16? It has an electronic module on the belly?

Yes good point - but I think it is safe to say that his enemies did indeed use ECM...

it was Scan mode.

TWS mode was failed. I have try the TWS Modus but the switched automtically in SCAN Modus

third Picture: on the Hud i can see Target over target.

Check his third screenshot.

Plus he is saying that although he can lock the target at some 100 km(another indication of HOJ), it doesnt show in the HDD regardless of range set(64, 128 or 256 km) and there is no scan zone either.

I dont think there is much doubt :)

- JJ.

JJ

McFly,

I think the answer is, no, the first picture is not a bug, because your radar has switched to HOJ mode, which is a passive mode. You can sort of 'lock on' to the jamming, but your HDD can't pinpoint where the bandit is, so it can't draw anything there for you.