Stuttering 1.1 problems What is going on at ED??

OK so i begin flying in multiplayer thinking there might be some improvements!!!

My question what the hell is all the stuttering from the other planes in 1.1!!

I see planes around me go from right beisde me to about 500 feet away...the stuttering is constant but it gets really bad at times.

ANYONE KNOW what this is???? or how to fix it??!!

• Like 1

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you experiencing stuttering or warping?

A squadmate and I have a theory that AMD systems are causing the stuttering - or perhaps our mobos.

Those in the suqad that have an intel setup don't seem to have this problem.

The problem is not related to the nforce chipset either (he has a VIA, but we both have the A7 board)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

rgr Cobra, thanks.

Anyway, there -appears- to be a consensus.

Devs, can you look into this issue? Looks like some AMD mobos are causing stuttering in MP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

rgr Cobra, thanks.

Anyway, there -appears- to be a consensus.

Devs, can you look into this issue? Looks like some AMD mobos are causing stuttering in MP.

My new vid card should be here tomorow ..i will do some test aftar get the download version

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

Well, from his description "I see planes around me go from right beisde me to about 500 feet away" that sounds exactly like lag warping. However consistently is def a pc problem (ive had it before, just restart my pc and its fine - fairly rare tho). Whats your system specs?

It is NOT lag...i know the difference...i used to be on 56K so why don't you calm down and listen....

The plane is not warping...it is moving in wierd ways...i did not have any of this in 1.02.... heck when i was on 56K it was better than the stuttering i am seeing now!

I am not sure what it is but our host has intel and i have intel so i don't think its a problem with the AMD processors...

Network speed setting maybe? Now that the netcode's async, use the correct speed for your conenction (up to 128/128)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let me repeat: SP is fine. All this happens in MP ONLY and with AMD mobos ONLY. It's not a system spec issue.

Not true, i get warping from time to time also, and i have a intel mobo, Asus.

usaly only witin the 10-15 minutes after i join a server, then it seems to smooth out, but there can be one or more pleyers that warp troughout the entire game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stuttering 1.1 problems What is going on at ED??

This thread is being posted with everyone who purchased the 1.1 FC in mind!

Several of us with the Vitural ThunderBirds have been testing, testing, testing, oh and I'll say it again testing. With nothing giving any clue what the stuttering is caused from. but here is my idea of what is going on!!

First off, how can ED go from a rock solid netcode with no stuttering, what so ever. To a code that is buggy to the point there is 20 pages in the bug thread, & dont give me that AMD Chips, MOBOS, are causing this problem, I have tested this with both my systems (Below are the specs of both PC's)

ASUS K8V-SE Deluxe MOBO intel p4 3.2

ADM 64 3400 250 ata

2 200 gig sata drives 2 gig ddr2

1.5 gig ddr4 Nivida geforce 6800gt

Nvida 6800 AGP

With both systems 1.1 has the stuttering problem, we spent all of tonight trying different settings both graphic, and connection wise. And here is a list of the things we tested.

Airport Tested Razol'noe

TESTED WITH Problem

Connection speeds to connect in multiplayer (stutter/ Aircraft & surface)

All Aircraft were tested (stutter/ Aircraft & surface)

Graphics to low at 20km pre load (stutter/ Aircraft & surface)

Graphics to low at 50km pre load (stutter/ Aircraft & surface)

Graphics to low at 100km pre load (stutter/ Aircraft & surface)

and repeat Graphics thru High (stutter/ Aircraft & surface)

Tested with smoke Gens on and Off (stutter/ Aircraft & surface)

We tested for about 5 hours on this with no clue what is the problem!!!

I think it has to do with Netcode, again I say how can 1.02 be so solid and 1.1 with the so called improved netcode. be so crappy. Both single player and multiplayer have the problem.

Just alone of our web site we have recieved of 10,000 hits and several hundred users register on our fourms on the past week telling us they are going to buy Lock on as soon as they can, as well as spending the money for 1.1. Just because they have seen the videos that we have produced of us flying in close formation. And I'am sure the the VFTC has recieved several like comments to their formation flying in Lock On. Hmm looks like 2 Formation flying teams are basically giving free advertisement for ED, but will ED look it to this problem and make 1.1 stutter free? It would be nice!

So with all that said, I'am not trying to be rude about this but I would like to see developers release a product that is fully tested it the way the sim was and still is being used, (ie, formation flying, as well as combat flying, online and offline) Because if I was a person who was looking to buy this product right now and saw all the posts in the bug thread. I would'nt waste mt time nor money! And the starforce deal, why is it now such a big deal that the included it in 1.1 Why did ED included it in the box retail. did they really loose money on the retail version, I would saw no not from no copy portection, but the retail game had more bugs that a barn infested with roaches!!

That is all I have to say, now it's your turn

Mike "CINCH" Perry

sig_Cinch.jpg

There haven't been many complaints yet about stuttering in multiplay.

For example; none at all in the Bug Thread - at least not yet.

When I used the forum search tool (Advanced Search on stutter in the LockOn EN forums) I only saw 12 topics that had "stutter" in them and one of them was this topic. It can't be a very widespread problem.

What I did notice was a couple stutter topics that seemed to have been solved.

"Stuttering problems" by 355th_Xantris

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=6279

I also found this note in one thread:

F l a n k e r:

I have your Su-27 high resolution skins. The one with the green nose makes the game stutter a lot, and the one with the white nose runs smooth. I was wondering what exactly could be causing this?

By the way, I just noticed the recently added skins to lockonskins.co.uk, are those any different from the ones you did before?

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=6047&highlight=stutter

Are ALL the Vitural ThunderBirds having the same problem? Or just some?

If so you might begin troubleshooting with the things you guys use in common.

Comms software? Custom Skins? etc....

Keep us up-to-date on what you find out.

Mike Cinch Perry,

I have merged your thread with the all but identical one already posted by SilentEagle.

Please consult the "Attention* - forum rules & policies" sticky - more specifically this bit:

* Before starting a new thread, please conduct a 'Search' of the forums to determine whether a thread covering your topic already exists.

;)

- JJ.

JJ

Stutter Problem

All of us with the T-Birds are having this problem, and if more people did formation flying like we do they would notice the stutter, hell they schould see it even flying below 1000'. we have tried everything to resolve this problem, we tested it with no mods, defalt skins, and all connections that we could think of, you name it we did it and are still doing it to make this work. But since 1.1 has come out nothing but problems. I didnt pay $35.00 for a sim that was rock solid in 1.02 and then take a big crap on my hard drive by a simple stutter, I sure if ED can develop all what they did with 1.1 they can look at this problem and give us all a fix, instead of working on other flight models and other stuff I have seen in development.

And on the subject of you dont see alot of posts on the stutter, well go on hypper lobby and chat with a few of the pilots in there and you'll see how many are having the problem. With the release of 1.1 our team has made a slow transition to 1.1 but we can only go as far as the sim will let us. And with the stutter problem we cant make any progress towards the positive.

So if anyone from ED see this post could you please make this a #1 Priority for the few formation flying teams within the lock on pilots. I know the VFTC uses lan but there are a few more that use the good old internet.

So please look into the cause of this problem and give us a bug free Sim!!

Mike "Cinch" Perry

sig_Cinch.jpg

Are ALL the Vitural ThunderBirds having the same problem? Or just some?

If so you might begin troubleshooting with the things you guys use in common.

Comms software? Custom Skins? etc....

Keep us up-to-date on what you find out.

Yes, we're all having them! Some of our rigs are pretty souped up too, so I seriously doubt it's an issue with RAM or graphics. The only one that doesn't get any stutter is the host (no matter who is hosting the game). All clients get the stuttering. I think the reason for not too many people posting about this is that they either haven't flown much multiplayer in 1.1 yet and when they've done so, they haven't flown 2 feet apart like we do!

Just like Cinch said, we spent countless of hours trying to figure this out. We've been using a fresh, unmodded installation as well! Tried every possible thing you can change within the games interface as far as connection settings, graphics, locations etc.

So, far my hunch is that it's either StarForce related or there's something in what the server (host) pushes to each client that causes this. The host is the only computer not getting that serious stuttering and like I said, if we swap host it just means the new host doesn't get that bad stutter while the old host (now client) has a ton of stuttering.

I'm curious whether the CD version of the game has this issue or if it's just the download version (can you say StarForce?). Also, if it's a server issue where files are being sent to each client, we'll need to dig into the settings and code...

ED, VFTC... you know where we're coming from! Have you had any of this when you did testing on 1.1? You did test flying formation outside of LAN, right?! This is making formation flying almost impossible in 1.1 for us. Could you please look into this!!!!!!!

LawnDart

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |