New RF radar queries...

As shown on page 24 of the 1.1 manual...

"To use the range-angle method, first you should

set the expected range to target in kilometers using the [Ctrl-+] and [Ctrl--] keys, then set the

expected target elevation difference with respect to your aircraft using the [shift-;] and [shift-.]

jeys, also in kilometers. The expected range you set is indicated under the azimuth coverage

mark at the bottom of the HUD"

The expected range Shown in the picture is 50. I have some questions about this.

1. is this setting my primary radar detection range? (a contact at 60 km will not show?)

2. Does this nullify the range scale on the HDD, other than when a direct lock is obtained?

3. Does it work the same way with a HOJ lock? In other words, lets say I set the range to 30. The jamming strobe will not appear unless the source is within 30 km? or, can I lock the strobe farther out and receive an "LA" when the source is inside the specified range.

Range setting in TWS/RWS mode for russian fighters (together with altitude setting) is required for setup the scan zone elevation angle.

The center of scan zone will be directed (in vertical aspect) to the point on preseted range and altitude alterity. (So you define the elevation angle by legs of triangle).

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

As shown on page 24 of the 1.1 manual...

"To use the range-angle method, first you should

set the expected range to target in kilometers using the [Ctrl-+] and [Ctrl--] keys, then set the

expected target elevation difference with respect to your aircraft using the [shift-;] and [shift-.]

jeys, also in kilometers. The expected range you set is indicated under the azimuth coverage

mark at the bottom of the HUD"

The expected range Shown in the picture is 50. I have some questions about this.

1. is this setting my primary radar detection range? (a contact at 60 km will not show?)

2. Does this nullify the range scale on the HDD, other than when a direct lock is obtained?

3. Does it work the same way with a HOJ lock? In other words, lets say I set the range to 30. The jamming strobe will not appear unless the source is within 30 km? or, can I lock the strobe farther out and receive an "LA" when the source is inside the specified range.

1. No. This is the range at which you think the target will be, and you are feeding this info to the fire control computer. The purpose of this is as follows: If you know your target's range and relative elevation, you can set up the antenna to be pointing at him BEFORE you turn the radar on. So you're telling the radar 'the target is 1km lower than me, at 60km' which is a different antenna ANGLE than 'the target is 1km lower than me, at 10km' ... see the diff?

2. No, for the above reason.

3. No, but it will not give you LA until you set the target to be at a lower range, depending on the missile selected. i may also command the missile to loft to reach the expected range.

Keep in mind that these settings eman squat when you've got a target locked in the good old fashioned way, as the expected info is being fed to th computer real-time from the locked target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

OK, so this means very little unless I have an AWACS call or other reference as to where the target should be. Also, in HOJ I will have to attempt to "time" a missile firing using the power scale on RHAW so that by the time burn through occurs/ and he gets warning - the missile is on top of him.

The "expected range" setting does NOT affect my ability to detect a target and / or jamming signals.