Windows XP x64 compatibility

FC isn't supporting x64 bits OS now. May be we will get a compatibility patch later, but no dates was mentioned yet.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

• 1 year later...
Guest Dr. Gonzo

Lockon 1.0 works under x64

Delete if this violates some sort of your posting rules.

Lockon 1.0 works under WinXP x64... I haven't tried my FC yet as I believe I got a bad master copy and haven't gotten around to fussing with the publisher for a new copy yet.

*Please note: I own a legit copy of this, I just hate needing the CD*

Im running it with an image ripped with Alcohol, and mounted with Daemon tools. Starforce gave me no hassle at all, which is funny because it's very fussy with the actual CD >=)

-Dr.Gonzo

2.7ghz Core2Duo

2.0gb DDR2 800

2x GeForce 7600GT SLi

Windows XP x64

Guest IguanaKing

Wow! I wasn't aware of this problem, and apparently, neither is my new computer. I am running Windows XP x64, and FC works just fine. Download and install the appropriate 1.12a patch for whatever version of FC you have. This fixes the Starforce incompatibility problem which is present in 1.1.

Hope this helps. :D

Wow! I wasn't aware of this problem, and apparently, neither is my new computer. I am running Windows XP x64, and FC works just fine. Download and install the appropriate 1.12a patch for whatever version of FC you have. This fixes the Starforce incompatibility problem which is present in 1.1.

Do you better performance compared to (normal)XP?

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Guest IguanaKing

Not sure if there is a performance difference, Windows XP Professional x64 is the only operating system I have ever installed on this new machine. There is a HUGE performance difference between this and my old machine, but most of that probably comes from what's new under the hood :) . x64 has had issues with a couple of other programs though. Far Cry required a 64-bit patch in order for it to work at all. Also, Active X control installation in Internet Explorer does not work. That's really strange too since Firefox and Opera both have absolutely no problem, just the browser made by the same company that made the OS...go figure. :pilotfly: