NEW MISSION - Crimea Tour (updated)

With the kind permission of Shepski, I've updated/expanded his original tour of the Lockon map. With the addition of extra points of interest and background info, it was sensible to split the tour into two parts.

Finally I have got off my *ss and completed the Crimea Tour.

4trc6f

The second part - the Crimea Tour - is now available for D/Load from:

Lomacfiles

http://www.lomacfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=95&lid=281&ttitle=Crimea_Tour_by_Brit_Radar_Dude#dldetails

or here at CombatAce (ex-BioHaz))

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?download=1208

It contains a .brf file for LoBrief users and some background information on the Points of Interest.

The first part - the Caucasus Tour - is still available for D/Load from :

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/38610606/m/1541052403/r/1541052403#1541052403

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Hi all and B_R_D.

So what do you got going :icon_wink on here? A tour af the map? Alright, I'm interested. There probably is massive details to the map that I have never seen as I'm flying over at 40k, for instance, I know I have never seen that castle on the cliff before. D/l now and rating soon. -KILSEK

Hey KILSEK ol' buddy- how you doing? You should try flying at a lower altitude from time to time (LOL) just to check out the terrain stuff that ED did.

You could say that the Crimea Tour is more about the historical sites whereas the Caucasus Tour is more about nice fat targets......

Be nice to know what ya think of the Tours, feel free to go back and rate them on whatever site you did the D/Load. I often see stuff with hundreds of D/L's and not a single rating/comment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey BRD, are you using LOBrief 1.12? I just reinstalled it and when I go to load your mission into LOBrief, I get errors saying

'Problem in the DLL DllFctBrf.dll for the reading of the description!'

and then

'The file mission is not a valid mission solo!!'

and that's it.

The LOBrief readme translation is a little confusing, maybe I'm doing something wrong - could you quickly outline the process for using your BRF and MIS file together?

Maybe the lack of skin uploads is due to skinners waiting (in vain now?) for LoMan 3.4, so they could ensure their skins are compliant? I expect the deluge to begin any day now, once those 1.1 CDs start to arrive and everyone finally has Flaming Cliffs.

GregP - sorry to hear you are having a prob with LOBrief. Yes, I have LOBrief v1.12, but I've never seen the problem you described. A problem I do have is that sometimes when I OPEN a .BRF file, the pop up Explorer window does not dissapear once I have chosen the file to OPEN. If I try to close the Explorer window, the LOBrief data dissapears. Anyway to answer your query......

What you do is put both the .MIS and .BRF into your missions folder, start up LOBrief, and get the .BRF file by using OPEN button.

Maybe a bad D/L? You might try to D/L again?

If that isnt working, then create your own .BRF?

Because you cannot put freeform notes on both legs, the Left leg is actually a .JPG ( http://tinypic.com/4utj7q ) click it and get it displayed then right click 'save picture as' (eg.) Crimea-LeftLeg.jpg in a folder so you can pull it into LOBrief later. The Right leg is freeform text (here below).

20. Palace of Youth

21. Theatre

22. Hero City Obelisk

23. Konstantinov's Battery

24. Unknown monument

25. St. Nicolas Church

27. Sapun Gor WW2 museum

28->29 Charge of the Light Brigade

33. Vorontsov Palace (19th C)

34. Swallows Nest Restaurant

36. Khans Palace - Tartar (16th C)

37. FC Tavriya Locomotiv Stadium

39. Sudak Castle - Genoese(14th C)

40. Rock with the Hole in it

42. Pivnichno-Krymskyi Canal

44->47 Offshore Oil Platform

Start LOBrief and click OPEN PICTURE and navigate to LeftLeg.JPG and select it. Now copy the text above and paste over the '***Caution 600 characters max' for the right leg.

Now click GENERATE. Because we haven't bothered to LOAD a .MIS file, it will ask you to choose Russian or US plane - choose Russian. Now a pop up menu with 4 radio buttons - choose Picture on the left and Notes on the right. Click OK.

You can SAVE this .BRF as well.

Hopefully this will work......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the help, BRD, will give that a try when I get home and then hopefully I can go for a leisurely tour. :)

Edit: Creating my own .BRF per your instructions worked, don't know why it wouldn't let me just load yours. Anyway, now I'm read to tour! Thanks, Brit_Radar_Dude.

I dunno why it wouldn't load, but Hey, creating your own .BRF worked, proving there is more than one way to skin a cat...... and coming up with workarounds - that is what Lockon is all about!

Let me know what ya think.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...