Dropped Clients

169th_DedCat

I seem to be having this problem fairly often with clients in my games. Clients are getting dropped as soon as they get into the game. Sometimes the log says they timed out, sometimes it says nothing besides "remove: client X".

Yesterday this was happening to one of my squad members consistently who had been playing in the game for some time prior to it happening over and over. He would join a game with a fast ping (<80ms), click fly, and as soon as his game loaded and the server broadcast that he had entered the mission, he was dropped from the server play list... though the game kept running on his own end. He rebooted his computer, we both rebooted our routers, I switched to a different host computer, and still he was dropped as soon as he entered the mission. He had the quickest ping in the game. Other players were joining the mission without issue.

I know some of my squad members are getting disconnected consistently every time they enter any server, but it only happens once and then they can re-join without issue. Yesterday the problem seemed to stick.

Anyone know if perhaps lengthening the default 10s gameTimeout value might help?

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

169th Panthers - http://www.169thpanthers.net

Offcourse, no problems:

\Config\network\config.lua

gameTimeout = 600;

pingPeriod = 1;

maxPacketSize = 500;

playerName = "server";

idleTimeout = 600;

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

Offcourse, no problems:

\Config\network\config.lua

gameTimeout = 600;

pingPeriod = 1;

maxPacketSize = 500;

playerName = "server";

idleTimeout = 600;

Han, may you should implement this modified LUA file in the next patch? ;) :icon_jook