Lock On ATC Screen Mod II

jabog32_zillion

Hi Everyone,

Actually I'm quite happy to tell you all... They are moving... The Online JaBoG32_ATC is about to be finished.

It will not be released until I add the last few but important Features, which will be soon...

Then we will have a precise resemblance of Units on a scrollable zoomable vector based coastline map, including airports. The map will be toggable and can be replaced by user defined concentric ring bullseye view or simply airports or simply black...

We will have Unit information in dragable toggable Data Tags including Name, Altitude, Calculated Groundspeed, Aircraft Type, Coalition and a custom editable Data Field.

We will have 5 history steps for each unit and a so called PTL (Predicted Track Line).

We will have a dragable ruler tool with Heading and Distance measurement.

We will have a comm switch with configurable Key shortcuts to speak and switch channels in TeamSpeak aswell as an integrated chat.

We will have an imperial/metric switch to convert displayed distances, speeds and altitudes...

It is possible to choose which units you want to controll, i would like to implement a sector mode so planes will only show if they are in a choosen area...

Even though the features are more like a real digital radar used in civil aviation we will try to give it a rustical technical feel.

Strictly speaking I'm working on it since February so released soon means planned release will be the 1st week of June... :) Until then you can go and play some ATCC pro or Tracon II

I will post this screenie, please note this is still work in progress, i am currently working on the Data Tags and unit look, also the colors will most likely change aswell as the cluttering of Data Tags...

Hope you will enjoy it...

JaBoG32_Zillion

ATC.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to reduce detection range and to attach the 'radar' to a particular in-game object?...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It is possible to choose which units you want to controll, i would like to implement a sector mode so planes will only show if they are in a choosen area...

Decreasing detection range or locking the map to a certain area shouldnt be a problem... leaving the map a full map with planes showing only inside a rectangular area is little bit more difficult but also possible...

I can implement a function that the export will stop for one team if a plane or ground unit of a certain type stops changing position... That would do...

I will do that...

:)

Nice idea...

zillion

No, because there are stationary radars. But I think you are able to detect if the unit is still 'alive' right? I mean if you don't get the unit name in say, 2 consecutive updates you may assume it was destroyed, for example.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

From what i know, u can give the russian ground controlled interception radars (GCI's) a movement and they will still work... Even if it's not as realistic for them to function before extending their antenna, missions would have to be build like this... I'm also not sure if there is actually a way to see if units seized functioning ie, have been destroyed, at least because all my units sit in their respective arrays and each update the last element form each array is read. It doesn't care if there is new data coming it will just go on reading and reading the same array element...

An AWACS Mode based on the awacs planes should be sufficient though. The integrated chat will inform all controllers, if one controller joins in AWACS mode in future versions so it will be hard to cheat.

So going from this and my original idea i will implement custom, team and AWACS mode for the generall and transparent main game options, visible for all other controllers...

But what i have realized is that it is quite stupid to post the version above because it only has awacs mode, so for all ppl who want to cheat it would be possibe to download it from above and use it as all time awacs radar version in the future...

For this reason i have decided to hard code the port number the client will be listening and the server will be sending in the release version. So once it's out people wont be able to use old version that i linked above anymore :) Also i will take take the link down until june... Sry.

hope u will all trust this tool once its finished...

zillion

Can I ask some stupid questions?

-What is this?

-How does it differ from the game's F10 view?

-Are the units displayed the ones detected by the IADS or any live units in the mission will be shown?

Seems fantastic and extremely promising BTW!

-

I actually doesn't differ much from the ingame F10 View, except that the F10 view seems to bug more on some machines and looks little bit like a toy with crazy colors.

Our Project aswell as Brothers31's project are aimed to be a somewhat realistic Radar Simulation that is available on any computer and allows the simulation of controlled airspace and Human AWACS via Teamspeak...

It will be possible to choose between Custom mode, Team Mode and AWACS Mode...

Thats all.

Zillion

• 2 weeks later...

Beta Version...

RedTeamMode, BlueTeamMode, FunMode & AWACS Mode supported....

DOWNLOAD

Still many Bugs, so please report...

Read Readme for installation and running...

Press "R" for Ruler Mode

Press "B" for Bullseye Ruler Mode

:)

Hope you will like it...

To Do List:

-5 Histories for each Contact

-PTL (Predicted Track Line)

-Return Points

-TS Comm Menu

ATC3.jpg

Hi Zillion,

Very cool :) *thumbs up*

btw: I would increase the size of the history ac-contacts a bit. Because when you zoom out, the dot size becomes more and more smaller.

Perhaps you make a fixed size for the history contacts as you've done it with the normal aircraft radar contacts? :)

Image Link

Kind regards,

JaBoG32_Chrissi

The histories...

I really hope someone can give me a hint on why things are as they are... :) ... Hoping Valery can and will... I'm experiencing really strange problems concerning the synchronization of data export. I plot the histories according on the data I recieve, of course. Strange thing is, that everything seems to be running very well as long as I export AI Units. The History Trail is even and smooth for AI units, but as soon as a multiplayer pilot joins everything is running out of order. The trail gets uneven and the data comes in unregulary.

My question:

Does anyone know of some LUA magic or other workaround that would make the k,v loop run the table step for step, just little bit more slowly or evenly. Some kind of of delay until the next table entry gets exported. Something.... little bit help.... very very very appreciated...

thanks in advance...

Zillion

Well,

From what I understand the Lua interpreter is co-working with the C++ Lockon engine. Same as most modern Game engines have some kind of simple script language support (ie. Nebula -> TCL). The function LoGetWolrldObjects() is called by Lua in regular intervalls and is a registered C++ function, at least interpreted as such, it returns a LUA table or array with a list of the units on some server.

LUA itself loops over the array or table and sends each entry step for step to any specified host or file. I think it doesn't wait until the function is successfully executed it simply starts right after the call.

In my case the function is called in 5 second intervalls. Coming back to my problem of unregular data arrivel, it doesn't seem to matter at all how often the function is called, neither does it matter how many entries need to be looped over... as long.... and thats the strange thing... as long as the units are AI units the export goes smooth and regular. But as soon as a real player is present the the loop somehow gets odd, edgy and seems to stutter.

I think the only explaination to this problem is that the C++ engine can not answer to a given LoGetWorldObjects() call at any given time. Somehow it needs more time as soon as its asked to acquire information about an online player.

5 online players need more time than 38 AI units.... :-/

Therefore i would really like to buffer the table somehow by LUA, taking in account a 1/2 to full second delay, as long as the results come regular and smooth afterwards... Something like a variable that tells me if the table is complete before the loop starts rolling over it.

Is there anyone who can help me with this beast of a scripting language... maybe...

Thanks again

Zillion

EDIT:

Hypothesis2:

Unlike stated above the k,v loop does wait for the LoGetWorldObjects(); to get executed fully, before looping, just subsequent LoGetWorldObjects(); calls need a different amount of time to be evaluated. I would really prefer the the theory above because it seems to be at least little bit more managable...

Maybe... hope...hope, some DEV can correct me...

Zillion

Its the 2 files called CommServer.class and CsClient.class...

1. Unzip the the ATC.zip

2. open a command shell

3. cd to your /something/something/ATC directory

4. type: java CommServer 4242

The Java Server should start running on port 4242...

If it fails, download the Java Runtime Environment.

Insert the Ip Address of the Computer where the Java server is running into the export.lua of your LockOn Server

Insert the Ip Address of the Computer where the Java server is running into the Flash Client Textfield named "Radar Server Ip"

Start your LockOn Server.

Start the ATC Flash Client after players have entered the mission...

Thats all.

Zillion

if you want use AWACS Support.....

(means you will only see other planes as long as your AWACS lives)

yes, then you will need an AWACS... Until now, only E-3A, E-2C for Nato and only A-50 for Russia are recognized as AWACS.

3(5) Modes are available.

RedTeam Mode - You will only see planes from red coalition

BlueTeamMode- You will only see planes from the blue coalition

RedTeamMode with AWACS - You will see all planes as long as your AWACS is alive

BlueTeamMode with AWACS - You will see all planes as long as your AWACS is alive

FunMode - You will see all planes without restrictions

coming soon...

Local Mode - You will see all planes in a certain area around an airfield plus detailed airfield map...

Zillion, tie it to GROUND RADARS.

It's doable. Just ask Brothers31 hwo he detects destroyed radars.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In fact it's really easy... :) All we have to do is edit the our export.lua to include the few GCI (GroundControlledIntercept) Radars that are available in LockOn.

JaBoG32_Chrissie has made it possible to provide me with this wonderful way of specifying exactly which units i want to export.

In fact the Nato startegy in reality does not rely on Ground Radars, for the russians it's worth a thought.

zillion

Not GCI radars.

Anything that provides downlink or in-game voice awacs should not be used.

You know the reasons. And actually, yes, the USAF will rely on ground radars where AWACS is not available ;)

SAM radars are the best for this; they can be destroyed in-game, but they provide no information in-game, thus requiring a human operator at the ATC/AWACS console which is how it should be.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]