Mirage F1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My french isn't quite solide, but am I correct, that your F1 has been basically accepted by ED, and you only have (had) to make some slight modifications to it? If so, when will we see it in action? :) BTW congratulations and thx for your work.

• ED Team

Good progress knellknell! :)

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Out of curiocity, fi the community was able to provide the weapon lists, cockpit and FM for the F1, would ED put it into LOMAC?

ALthough I'm not sure how the heck anyone would do the FM ... but anyway. WOuld you? :D

(Blue side really neds a SEAD capable plane! ;) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Good work knellknell ! She is a beauty.

Just out of curiosity, how advanced is the F1 in the A-G role ? I know the later versions can employ the Exocet ASM. What about the ASMP cruise missle ? I have also seen pictures of F1 carry LGBs. Can the plane lase its own targets or does it rely on external lasing ? And what about ARMs ?

Good work knellknell ! She is a beauty.

Just out of curiosity, how advanced is the F1 in the A-G role ? I know the later versions can employ the Exocet ASM. What about the ASMP cruise missle ? I have also seen pictures of F1 carry LGBs. Can the plane lase its own targets or does it rely on external lasing ? And what about ARMs ?

The South African Airforce Mirage F1's operated extensivley in the A-G role during the 1980's in Angola :roll: . They could carry laser guided ordanance. I saw once a videoclip of a SAAF mirages dropping laserguided ordanance with external lasing. A few years later i saw pictures of SAAF mirages carrying Paveways and R-73 missiles.

See attached picture: SAAF Mirage F1 refitted with a Klimov SMR-95 engine.

378390089_Super-Mirage-F1_SuperMirageF1AZ216SAAFZhukovskiy2001.jpg.6a9fafa1d840748cb825fc6374b56c3c.jpg

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Yea, long time ago the SAAF mirages had Matra Magic R-550's... read this.

This fighter (South African Airforce Mirage F1), powered by a Russian SMR-95 engine (modernised MiG-29 RD-33 engine) is able to carry four R-73E AA-11 'Archer' air-to-air missiles. Named the Super Mirage F.1, it has been developed in co-operation by Klimov and Vympel in Russia and by Aerosud and Marvotech in South Africa.

link --> http://www.airsceneuk.org.uk/airshow01/zhukovsky/maks.htm

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Neat :)

But why R-73, I tought the South Africans had their own off-boresight AAMs ? I even read that the russian Shlem HMD is a copy after the south african system.

Yes, the russian schlem was a copy of the SAAF HMD. The SAAF now uses the Darter-R and Darter-T developed by Kentron in South Africa (http://www.kentron.co.za). The SAAF Mirage F1's have been retired from active service. The first of the new SAAF Gripen' are on the final assembly line end, set for delivery this year :) :).

I would LOVE to see a Mirage F1 in lo-mac though. It's quite a bird of the same era as the MiG-29. Many airforces around the world still uses Mirage F1's so it would be really great to have the Mirage F1 in lo-mac. It has air-to-air refuel capabilities too.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

There is two versions in use in FAF. The CR one who is a recognition version and the CT who is mainly for Ground attack and basic air defense.

The both can carry all OTAN weapons but can not lase themself.

The main mission of the CR version is recce with various external pods, for electronics, photografics and radar pictures. He is also capable of taking picture with the internal camera in the nose, while he s carrying weapons, for Post strick assesment. ANd he have also a data link for sending real time infra red picture.

The CT version is basicely the same , with out recce capability, but can carry Matra S530 D missiles, giving him a Fox One capabilitie

Both are high supersonnic (> mach 2.2) and have Air to Air capabilties.

What do you thing about taking "in game picture" with the plane you fly on ?

Should be great isn't it ?

Yes, the recon mission profile is quite an exiting thing. Would be real great fun to fly them yourselfe. The only thing lomac would need for this are arrival goals in the mission editor ( or even better, photographic goals like in Sub Command ) and better AAA ( hint :) ).

What radar do the CT and CR F1 have ? Do they have A-G radar capabilitys ? At least the later F1.EQs have the Agave radar capable of Air-Sea ( and I guess Air-Ground ) modes.

• 2 weeks later...

knellknell, will you also model an accurate cockpit?

Maybe this could convince ED to add this as a flyable some time in the future *hint* :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see the MirageF1 with South African Airforce colors in lo-mac :). Even better would be if ED could disclose how lo-mac fans could create own 3D models to insert into lo-mac as (non)flyables.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

• ED Team

Normandia-Neman is very interested skin! Much Russian remember as the Frenchmen fighted during the second world war on the russian fighters.

P.S.

My grandfather was the pilot of Pe-2 bomber. He told that in 1944 of their regiment was based on one airfield with Normandy. It were excellent guys!

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Normandia-Neman is very interested skin! Much Russian remember as the Frenchmen fighted during the second world war on the russian fighters.

P.S.

My grandfather was the pilot of Pe-2 bomber. He told that in 1944 of their regiment was based on one airfield with Normandy. It were excellent guys!

My great grandfather fought in Battle of Brittan one of Polish Divisions in RAF not sure which tough.

GROM- Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno Manewrowego

Hello Knell, like Checksix forums seems to be down, I put the links to my 2 new textures in a PM on this forum (F1CREurope et desert). Hope it will be ok... I tried to follow the maps that you have sent me 2 days ago. contact me by PM or by email (in the PM).