Warning: NVIDIA driver 301.42

After upgrading yesterday I found the framerates in DCS A-10C very choppy today.

I rolled back the driver and all is normal again.

Further research dug up this:

301.42 Bug List (from: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=229953) with important issues bolded:

VSYNC causes drop in FPS every 30 seconds on GTX 600 series cards - We’ve root caused the issue to a driver bug and identified a fix for it. The fix requires extensive testing though and will not be available until our next major driver release in June (post-R300). For users experiencing this issue, the interim workaround is to disable vsync via the NVIDIA Control Panel or in-game graphics settings menu.

Full Geforce 600M notebook Verde driver support is targeted for our next major driver release

3D clock speeds drop when playing games with certain factory overclocked graphics cards - Unable to reproduce at this time. We are continuing to investigate this issue and hope to provide a fix as soon as our QA team repdoces this issue in our labs.

Dirt 3 fails to launch with FXAA and 3D Vision Enabled - Scheduled for next major driver release

Enabling AA via NVCPL does not work with 3DTV play resolution (NVCPL Vsync On). - Scheduled for next major driver release

Unable to enable multi-displays mode while in multi-GPU mode with Geforce GTX 295 with all drivers after 285.62. - Scheduled for next major driver release

FXAA when applied globally cause Windows Live Mail text to be blurry. - Scheduled for next major driver release

Binary Domain graphic corruption - This is a game bug. Our developer relations team is informing the developers of this game of the issue

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

They haven't produced a good set of drivers for the 680 yet and it's a couple of months old.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

• 1 month later...

I installed these drivers but haven't had a chance to test them out yet. I'll test them out tonight in BMS, Arma II, DCS World and maybe FC2. Has anyone tried the 304.48 drivers?

Edited by Cali

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I'll test them out tonight in BMS, Arma II, DCS World and maybe FC2. Has anyone tried the 304.48 drivers?

LOL Cali I got 2 questions...

1st how do ya keep key mappings straight between all the games :doh: and...

B. How often do you visit the real world?:smilewink:

I gotta check and see what drivers I have loaded because I think I might have been seeing the fps issues.

gadgets

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

LOL Cali I got 2 questions...

1st how do ya keep key mappings straight between all the games :doh: and...

B. How often do you visit the real world?:smilewink:

I gotta check and see what drivers I have loaded because I think I might have been seeing the fps issues.

gadgets

In my CH manager each game has a different profile. Also, I haven't played DCS BS in about 6 months and FC2 about the same time frame. Unless I was trying to test stuff out in FC2.

I visit the real world every day, I have 4 kids and a wife, work in the US Air Force, plus take college classes.......11 classes from my BA. The only times I get to fly computer games are Friday and Saturday night and maybe I can sneak a hour or 2 in during the week. Another thing, I just built this computer, my other one broke in mid April, so I was without a computer for 2 months. I wish I had more time to play on the computer, but life does come first. ;)

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

• 1 month later...

I just updated my Nvidia driver 301.42 to 304.79 beta in order to determine if the driver was responsible for causing the micro stutters and loss in performance after updating to DCS World. First impressions seem favorable. Stutters have decreased and frame rate is back up. I will not give numbers since all rigs are different, but I will say that performance seems significant on my rig running two GTX 590 in SLI mode. I never approve of running beta drivers, but the micro stutters and performance degradation I experienced in the sim made it un-flyable. The driver does not fix all the problems in the latest version of DCS World, but it does draw attention to the problem caused by updating our drivers while installing a new version of software in hope to give us the most reliable and stable platform as possible. Since the NVidia's 301.42 driver was released about the same time as DCS World's 1.2.0, I thought some of you might be experiencing added problems caused by this poorly tested NVIDIA's driver. There are still many problems within DCS World, but I thought some of you still running 301.42 might benefit from this information.

Edited by Risk

Been using 304.79 and my 680s with no troubles since the day they were released.

D3D Overrider/ force triple buffer does a pretty good job of stopping stutters for me.

JG14 is D3D Overrider a setting in the NVidia control panel?