3D Models required from 3rd-party modellers

Chizh

• ED Team

The models that ED will be interested in having from 3rd party artists for next projects:

(up to 10 000 polygons, 2 LODs)

M6 Linebacker

M1126 Stryker ICV

M1128 Stryker MGS

(up to 50 000 polygons, 3 LODs)

F-15E Strike Eagle

EA-6B Prowler

F-14D Tomcat

(up to 50 000 polygons, 3 LODs)

OH-58 Kiowa

V-22 Osprey

(up to 30 000 polygons, 3 LODs)

Arleigh Burke-class

(up to 5 000 polygons, 2 LODs)

AIM-9X

SM2 Standard

FIM-92 Stinger

Sea Eagle

We can't promise that we will accept every model. For us, it is very important the quality of models made by our standards (like a weapons http://www.lockon.ru/index.php?end_pos=545&scr=default&lang=en)

At the beginning, I can promise the free copy of game for those modellers, who models ED will take for next projects.

Added later

Ups..

ALARM already done. Cancelled from list.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

chizh, what about the su-27,33 and 30 ? :(

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I'm not sure if I like the implications of very new weapons like the AIM-9X. I liked the early 90s timeframe alot, if some of the inconsistencies were removed there would be plenty of potential left in it IMHO. Modelling the latest and greatest technology only serves to increase the potential for inconsistent modelling (from a realism/gameplay point of view) due to lack of information on certain systems (but not others), I'd say.

Anyway, I hope someone makes atleast the F-14D and the F-15E :) Does the fact that there are relatively few existing models from LOMAC on the list mean that ED is already improving the rest (e.g. the MiG-31)?

• ED Team
chizh, what about the su-27,33 and 30 ? :(

Our artists want to make it self.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witchking

chizh, what about the su-27,33 and 30 ?

Our artists want to make it self.

Lol, I'm not surprised. I came to realize long time ago that a Flanker model is a "SOVERNITY" issue to ED Modelers." Do whatever you want, but never ever model a flanker". That explains why ED team comment on every 3rd party model but never on my Flanker.

I like to think that my model has, at least, convinced ED to better remodel the Flanker. Very positive;)

After all, when they do a better job?!, it must look almost real.

sig3small320x1503vh3.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witchking

chizh, what about the su-27,33 and 30 ?

Lol, I'm not surprised. I came to realize long time ago that a Flanker model is a "SOVERNITY" issue to ED Modelers." Do whatever you want, but never ever model a flanker". That explains why ED team comment on every 3rd party model but never on my Flanker.

I like to think that my model has, at least, convinced ED to better remodel the Flanker. Very positive;)

After all, when they do a better job?!, it must look almost real.

bravo dude! nice maturity on your part to take this positively. Your model is amazing. I feel sad that we will not see in glory but good to see that ED is making their own models too.

as you said, flanker is the flagship kinda thing for eagle dynamics, they want to show it off in their own work which is understandable.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Chizh, have you considered making the 3D models for the F-15C, F-14A and Tornado IDS available to third-party modders so they don't have to build an F-15E, F-14D or Tornado ADV from scratch? Just a thought.

I'm not sure this would make sense with at least the F-14 and the Tornado. The existing models for those are so old that the modeller would probably have to start from scratch anyway, for all intents and purposes. Even the Eagle is starting to look decidedly blocky compared to the F/A-18 and Su-25T.

Guest DeathAngelBR

Erhm... my question about the R-73E remains.

BTW, cool avatar :) Freedom rocks.

Indeed :cool: I can't wait to see the Strike Freedom.

Chizh, could you tell us if Lock On 1.2 would have new flyable models of the old planes like the F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, A-10...etc? If you are making new models for those, is it possible to make the turbines actually turn for the A-10 (since we could clearly see the blades on the the 2 TF34-GE turobofan engines). And maybe new nozzles for the jet fighters like smoother movements and maybe an animated afterburner. ;) That will look really cool.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Chizh, could you tell us if Lock On 1.2 would have new flyable models of the old planes like the F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, A-10...etc? If you are making new models for those, is it possible to make the turbines actually turn for the A-10 (since we could clearly see the blades on the the 2 TF34-GE turobofan engines). And maybe new nozzles for the jet fighters like smoother movements and maybe an animated afterburner. ;) That will look really cool.

If we'll have a time we’ll do something for old aircrafts.

If you know it is not easy, for each new model is necessary to make correct animation and damage model with damage effects.

If you know it is not easy, for each new model is necessary to make correct animation and damage model with damage effects.

PLZ dont forget the existing Planes !!! They are not "old" they are loved by many People out there and they would like to see their "babies" improved to the Level of the SU 25 T concerning AFM and 3D Models. I know that its not easy, but i think many people would be willing to pay for this.

OT: And please, remodel the G-LOC for the F 15 /OT

With sincere greetings and Appreciation for ur excelent Work

from Germany: 33rd bratpfanne.

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg

I’m not happy :icon_cry:, when the aim-9x be in the game, the soviet plane was lose his parity in close combat :(

But is life reality...

Russia for this time have not analog of AIM-9X(The R-73 is good missile but not very strong for IR trap), and in near time not develop. And didn’t have the IR-warfare jammer that can blind 9X. :(

«Пропало центральное отопление...» ©

Комплекс «Андреич 84» производства УзССР с ЦБВМ «Аналитик-Т», РЭБ «ПОЭТ-МА 21В», ПрНК «Jameson 23» производит поиск цели типа «Т» для взятия на АС и последующего ТО согласно ИЭ книги «К», а так же для нерегламентированных работ.

Guest DeathAngelBR
I’m not happy :icon_cry:, when the aim-9x be in the game, the soviet plane was lose his parity in close combat :(

But is life reality...

Russia for this time have not analog of AIM-9X(The R-73 is good missile but not very strong for IR trap), and in near time not develop. And didn’t have the IR-warfare jammer that can blind 9X. :(

Ehem... R-73E.

If you know it is not easy, for each new model is necessary to make correct animation and damage model with damage effects

If time is an issue, maybe allow the 3rd party to build new models of the existing planes. For example, take StrikeMax's Flanker model (which looks awesome btw) and adjust it (if you want) to better suit the game. This way the model's shape and design is overall done, make a few corrections if necessary. The 3rd party models will just act as a spring-bed and saves you plenty of time and probably money too. ;) Of course, this is just a suggestion and I ask the ED team to seriously consider this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But is life reality...

maybe we will sell russia some iris-t ;-)

mfg

Geisterbaer 49th

Ehem... R-73E.

It’s only export modification.

Комплекс «Андреич 84» производства УзССР с ЦБВМ «Аналитик-Т», РЭБ «ПОЭТ-МА 21В», ПрНК «Jameson 23» производит поиск цели типа «Т» для взятия на АС и последующего ТО согласно ИЭ книги «К», а так же для нерегламентированных работ.

I'd rather see the AIM-9P :)

Actually, this isn't a bad idea. Despite LOMAC's "modern" tag, I would like to see older hardware, like the MiG-21 or AAA, in the game with rear-aspect heaters - i.e. AIM-9P and AA-2 Atolls. Then we can jump them in our new F-15s and Su-27s - it's more rewarding to kill things that can shoot back at you.

I miss the good ol' MiG hunting days in JF-15 where I'd take a MiGCAP hop and head hunt the most dangerous fighters, like Flankers and Fulcrums, before joining my AI buddies in killing Fishbeds and Phantoms for a 9+ kill sortie :)

sigzk5.jpg

man! I want a mig-21 guys! its the ultimate plane for AI. I mean its old enough that most countries that would be involved in a conflict in the LOMAC world can use them and they are my favourite enemy planes.

ED pls add the mig-21 :D