Best Wishes to our UK Friends

Yeah the worst is over. Maybe except for the families of victims. Time to go on. I can remenber far worse times for London, and I think that legacy made its inhabitants tougher to overcome this. I hope to visit the place someday. But if I was already there for my vacations I wouldnt leave. I would stay there untill the end of my plnanned days there, for the lightning never strikes the same spot twice.

So for any birts here go to whatever place you wish and have fun, Irish pubs, harrods Marks&Spencer and the likes! icon10.gifBecause I would with my freinds. Its the best way to honour those who have fallen and show no ones afraid of the sleazy bearded idiot. ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

as a London commuter, I appreciate everyones comments.

London is no stranger to terrorist attacks, and we've lived in that shadow for a long time. Everyone knew the tube was a prime and obvious target, but that didn't lessen the shock of it all.

As a person who always makes an effort to understand everyones point of view, I find it hard to fathom the motives of terrorists. Their actions have not gained them any sympathy for their cause, and taking the lives of innocent strangers does not bring other innocents back to life.

There is an almost ironic timing to it, coming on the heels of Live8 , where hundreds of thousands of Londoners at Hyde Park, along with millions around the world, tried to impress upon the world leaders that yes, they are aware, and yes, they do care what is happening in the third world.

As a person who always makes an effort to understand everyones point of view, I find it hard to fathom the motives of terrorists. Their actions have not gained them any sympathy for their cause, and taking the lives of innocent strangers does not bring other innocents back to life.

That's true, when i first heard what happened i was so angry.

But i remebered that we (The U.K.) have dropped bombs into the cities of other countries killing innocent strangers. I beleive the civilian death toll in Iraq is over 100,000 men women children etc.

So i realised that the definition of 'civilised society' is the ability to bomb the hell out of others and for the most part get away with it.

I dont mean to offend anyone, i was born in London and this has affected me and others close to me. I just put two and two together and realised that we are doing the very same to others and on a much larger scale.

There is an almost ironic timing to it, coming on the heels of Live8 , where hundreds of thousands of Londoners at Hyde Park, along with millions around the world, tried to impress upon the world leaders that yes, they are aware, and yes, they do care what is happening in the third world.

They may care, but what does that change?

• Like 1

Achilles, you seem to have your facts confused.

Firstly, that figure of 100000 Iraqi civilian dead is mostly made up of Kurds and other ethnic groups that Sadam Hussain's regieme was attempting to wipe out. Secondly, let's remember why the coallition troops are in Iraq in the first place.

Let's also remember that it was the terrorists that fired the first shot in this war. Remember the Twin Towers?

Fortunately though one of the major building blocks of democracy is that everyone has the right to express their views without fear. Believe me, if we allow the terrorists to win and extremism takes over that'll be one of the first rights you lose.

Now as it is, this particular thread was started with no political intent. I'm sure Stormin' purely intended it as a vehicle for friends of our country to express their sympathy and support for those who have been effected by this outrage.

Please refrain from posting things which are bound to spark a political debate and result in this thread being closed (as so many others on this and other forums already have been).

members, show some respect to the victims of that terror act. don't start another one politic flame thread.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]