Declassifying Campaigns

Is there any way to forcefully declassify all the singleplayer campaigns in Flaming Cliffs? I *really* enjoy this sim, but not being able to to choose my own loadout on most of the missions is actually ruining my impression of the game.

As far as I'm aware, the only new campaign that I can declassify is the Su-25T Flaming Cliffs one. All of the others have the "Declassify" option greyed out so that you can't click on it. Some help with this would be hugely appreciated.

• ED Team

There is a way. :)

Apply all commands using keyboard shortcuts.

1). Open classified camp in editor

2). Apply empty password as a new password

3). Enter empty password to unlock camp

That's all. :)

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

I've figured out how to do it. When you load up a campaign you can press Ctrl-Shift-C to Classify it. Enter a password. Then press Ctrl-Shift-D to declassify it. You'll need to enter the password you just gave. You can then reconfigure the mission all you want.

Oh Eagle Dynamics, why did you bother with such a stupid way of dealing with campaigns. It's counter-intuitive, undocumented, and a pain in the ass. Shame on you for trying to fix a system that wasn't broken in the first place.

There is a way. :)

Apply all commands using keyboard shortcuts.

1). Open classified camp in editor

2). Apply empty password as a new password

3). Enter empty password to unlock camp

That's all. :)

Lol :)

Cunning as a fox.

Thanks!

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Not being able to change the payload in classified missions (like mine) is a step backwards, you can't change the skin either.

Being able to change the loadout is a fundamental feature and I can't begin to understand why it's disabled in classified campaigns. It should be a separate option reserved for special cases.

Lock on MUST have toe brake functionality with differential braking

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

I've spent some considerable time looking at payload issues and there are several things that, from a usability standpoint, deserve to be classed as major design flaws.

1) The whole Classify/Declassify idea is badly implemented. It adds unneccessary complexity to what was an already well-designed mission editor.

2) When at the loadout screen before a mission the Classify/Declassify options in the Edit menu are often greyed out, meaning that you can't click on them. This suggests that the options are unavailable to the user. However, one can always press Ctrl-Shift-C or Ctrl-Shift-D to access these features. From a usability standpoint this is terribly bad design: why suggest to the user that an option isn't available when a secret keypress will actually enable access?

3) Maximum weight: Suppose you load an aircraft with weapons such that it's at 99% of maximum takeoff weight. Now increase the quantity of fuel using the slider and a warning message pops up to tell you that you're over max weight. Clicking on OK removes the message but trying to decrease the quantity of fuel results in a new warning message each time the fuel slider is moved down a notch. Again, bad from a design standpoint.

4) Weapon loadout profiles. Suppose you're flying the "Nighty Night" mission in the Su-33 campaign and want to change your loadout. After jumping through hoops to solve the Classify/Declassify issue you'll eventually get to the loadout screen. A default weapon loadout is selected that corresponds to a preset weapon profile. If you want to change even a single weapon you need to define an entirely new loadout profile. This was handled much better in Lock On 1.0x.

I think FC is a great sim, but many of these niggling flaws are reducing my enjoyment of the game significantly.

Well if we're talking about usability errors I'd like to point out that if an option isn't available there must be some visual cues (like a grayed out button for example) and preferrably an explanation. It took me a while to realize that changing loadouts wasn't possible because of the classification issue instead of just being a bug on my computer.

Lock on must have toe brake functionality with differential braking!

• Like 1

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/