clickable radio communications

rud

Thx Hassata. Do your VAC profile include radio comms with JTAC ? that's the main reason I would like to use it.

But since JTAC is contextual, Im thinking we would need to make every phrase of the menus and associates it with corresponding F1-F12 keys... and use multiple phrase to achieve on order..

for Example, contacting a JTAC would be..

JTAC - F4

"nickame" request tasking - F1

and than proceed with

Ready to copy - F1

etc etc..

it's gonna be long to do, but maybe the best solution.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

well, this is awesome!

Thanks be to forum member reemit0772 who told me how to enable mouse clicking in the communications menu! Guess it was here all along:

In the folder: FUI/resources/radio. Edit 'menu.res' and change 'acceptmouse{0}' to 'acceptmouse{1}'

Works a treat for me. Just unbound the function keys from my X-52.

Works great, thanks. I always had to look away from screen, to find the right F key, clicking the wanted option is SOOO much easier. :thumbup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Works great, thanks. I always had to look away from screen, to find the right F key, clicking the wanted option is SOOO much easier. :thumbup:

great indeed !!! thx a lot ! works perfectly with my cougar !

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Attached is my VAC Profile for DCS: A-10

Link to my post about it : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=59641

DCS A-10 Realistic.zip

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Hate to say it, but voice activated makes the most sense for a radio menu in the context of a flight sim. There are just to many controls the player has to interact with, adding a GUI interface on top of everything would turn to user overload.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Res. which program do you use to open this file type, I've tried wordPad but i can't save it in the default location, And have no option to save the file back to res, only option i get is txt. Help:helpsmilie:

I hope I don't need to say this but do be careful and BACK UP before you make any changes...

Thx Hassata. Do your VAC profile include radio comms with JTAC ? that's the main reason I would like to use it.

But since JTAC is contextual, Im thinking we would need to make every phrase of the menus and associates it with corresponding F1-F12 keys... and use multiple phrase to achieve on order..

for Example, contacting a JTAC would be..

JTAC - F4

"nickame" request tasking - F1

and than proceed with

Ready to copy - F1

etc etc..

it's gonna be long to do, but maybe the best solution.

Strongharm is working on this. It's 2000+ commands I think.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I addressed that with using the word "roger" for the suprise F1 response that I did not have mapped.

Is that in a VAC profile, Warrior? If so, is it posted anywhere? Thanks

Yeah it was VAC, I put it together when I was using the trial version, then that expired and I bought a license.

Never got the license to unlock the "Your 30 day evaluation period is over..." message.

Sent and received a bunch of emails with Ron (Shifty) but I never got it to work. Ron really tried, and I give him kudos for his efforts.

I wish I could have got it to work, and Ron thinks it's UAC related, but I think the solution is a complete reinstall of Win 7 and turn UAC off from the start...I'm not that desperate yet.

I don't have the profiles any more, and the one I used was one that was available on the site.

Strongharm is working on this. It's 2000+ commands I think.

wow, just wow !!!

if his work is realeased to the public somwhere, please let me know.. VERY long and hard work.

thanks

Just get VAC (voice activated command), it does a pretty good job at recognizing voice commands and you can set it up to run through several different menu items at once.

Do you have ready VAC profile for DCS:WH?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

My ideal solution, for warthog and HOTAS users with a hat bound to the mic switch commands, would be this.

Mic FWD / AFT / DWN to select which radio you want. This opens the menu. MIC DWN to scroll down the the list of options, MIC FWD to go to the next page of options, MIC AFT to return to the previous page. MIC UP would now be enabled and would scroll up in the menu. Once you reach the end of the nested commands, a final MIC FWD would send it.

Example: You want your flight to engage infantry with rockets from the west. As it is now this is MIC DWN for UHF (or \) F2, F3, F6, F4, F5. With the commands on the MIC switch, it would be:

MIC DWN x 2 (UHF, Flight)

MIC FWD (next page)

MIC DWN x 2 (Engage With..)

MIC FWD (next page)

MIC DWN x 4 (Engage Infantry)

MIC FWD (next page)

MIC DWN x 3 (Rocket...)

Mic FWD (next page)

Mic DWN x 4 (West)

MIC FWD (Execute / Send Command as we are on the last page)

(Remember that it would by default highlight the F1 options so you your first MIC DWN would highlight the F2 option)

Granted this looks like it takes more effort than just hitting the F Keys, but the advantages are three fold: First it keeps your hands on the controls at all times, Second you don't have to take your eyes off the screen to search for the right key to press, and third it keeps the immersion factor high as you are using the MIC switch to communicate, albeit not 100% realistically, but as good as it is going to get flying with AI and with no voice setup.

I think if you try doing out the actions just to see how it feels, it actually doesn't take that long, and with practice you build up a muscle memory and could cycle through the menus quite quickly.

It wouldn't be for everyone, but that's how I'd like to see it. :)

Red

works here too.... thx!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Flight Box: ASUS P8P67 DELUXE, i7-2700K @ 4.5GHz, 8GB DDR3, Kingston 96GB SSD, EVGA GTX-570 HD 2560MB, Sony KDL-32BX420 32", 2 x Lilliput UM-70, Win7 Pro 64, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Drag-Drop and clickable Comm menu 1.1

Hi all - uploading a mod to the user-files section.

Here it is until it will get a moderator approval.

Edit: new version 1.2 - fixed loadout sub-menu

Drag/Drop and Click-able Radio Communication menu v1.2 for DCS 1.1.0.9

attachment.php?attachmentid=54285&stc=1&d=1311670642

The ReadMe:

Drag/Drop and Click-able Communication menu 1.2 with fixed loadout menu for DCS 1.1.0.9

There a two versions and a backup:

1. Drag-Drop-Click tweaked layout

Drag/Drop and Click-able tweaked layout has a greater font, the Headline is green and the chosen option is

highlighted with a Gray underlay.

(The gray underlay is very helpfull in a outside view - when you have a bright background and/or no visible mouse-

pointer !)

Loadouts are now fully readable if you use a horizontal res. higher than 1440px.

2. Drag-Drop-Click default layout

Drag/Drop and Click-able default layout of the Communication menu without visual changes.

Loadouts are now fully readable if you use a horizontal res. higher than 1440px.

3. Backup

Backup of the overwritten files if you want to have the default non-click-able communication menu back.

Installation instruction:

Copy the contend of your preferred layout into your DCS A-10C root folder and allow to integrate/overwrite the

folders and files.

Example: G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C

Follow this link if you have annotations and/or questions:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=1234565#post1234565

How to create a unique spawn point of the Menu:

Edit the "menu.res" with a text-editor (I recommend Notepad++ -its freeware!: notepad-plus-plus.org )

in ...\DCS A-10C\FUI\Resources\Radio

You will have to edit line 20 and 32

Default line 20:

\coord{802, 25, 1024, 40}

read as

{802=Horizontal starting position, 25=Vertical starting position, 1024=Horizontal end Position, 40=Vertical end

position}

-all values are drawn from left to right and top to bottom.

And you have to know that DCS will always create a grid of 1024x768 to position the menu on the screen - whatever

your used resolution is.

An example using THE default values:

Lets assume you use 1600x1200px as your resolution, the Headline of the Comm Menu will spawn at 1253px horizontal

(X) and

39px Vertical (Y) - because:

X:

1600 / 1024 = 1,5625

and

1,5625 x 802 =1253,125

Y:

1200 / 768 = 1,5625

and

1,5625 x 25 =39,0625

You will have to repeat this calculation for every value in the line 20 and 32 of the menu.res with your own

resolution to get a spawning point that fits to your needs.

So you now understand that you have to do this edit yourself and it can't be included in this mod because the spawn point

depends on your unique resolution.

-PeterP-

2011/07/26

Download
Edited by PeterP
  • Like 2

Question: I've already modded my menu.res per the mod section to increase the size of the menu so you can once again see the entire weapon loadouts. Does this mod do that as well, and if not, could it interfere with that mod?

• Like 1

Corsair Graphite 780T / ASUS Maximus VIII Hero / i7-6700K@4.5GHz / Corsair H110i / 32GB DDR4 PC-2666 / ASUS 1080 Strix / EVGA 850 Pro / Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD / Win10x64 / Samsung UN48JU7500 4k / Logitech G910/933 KB/Headphones / Razer Naga Epic Mouse / MFG Crosswinds / TM HOTAS Warthog / HTC Vive