Squads

I'm getting tired of the noobs that dominate the lock on servers and want something a but more professional. However, I am having trouble finding a squad that flies both Russian and American birds. (as I like them both) Are there any squads that do this? Or is it just on type or the other? And how often do you fly?

Thanks

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I'm getting tired of the noobs that dominate the lock on servers and want something a but more professional. However, I am having trouble finding a squad that flies both Russian and American birds. (as I like them both) Are there any squads that do this? Or is it just on type or the other? And how often do you fly?

Thanks

What's wrong with the majority of us! :D

There are quite a few that fly both, I'm pretty sure 3sqn and IAT fly both colours, but they will probably ask you to fly one plane all the time though.

• Like 1

Noobs are what makes a flight sim grow... Comeon'... :lol:

Blaze

• Like 1

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Noobs are what makes a flight sim grow... Comeon'... :lol:

Blaze

It's the ECM blinkers that really piss me off. I also don't like the lack of structured missions.

I would really love to join 3Sqn, but you have to be really good to join......... which i'm not, but i want to get better.

IAT? what squadron is that?

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

IAT? what squadron is that?

IAT = Illusion Aerobatic Team. So they do formation aerobatics. By my knolage they fly the Su-33 mainly and maybe some other planes (and simulations) just for fun. Not sure you are really looking for that (you didn't mention you was looking for an aerobatic team)

• Like 1

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAT = Illusion Aerobatic Team. So they do formation aerobatics. By my knolage they fly the Su-33 mainly and maybe some other planes (and simulations) just for fun. Not sure you are really looking for that (you didn't mention you was looking for an aerobatic team)

Ya, not an aerobatic team. definitely not good enough for that. :joystick:

Yeah, the problem is not if yuo don't know but if you don't want to know more :smilewink: Now if you want to grow and get better then you have the right attitude... :thumbup:

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

Thanks

You never heard about the 169th Panthers ???

Grtz...Ross.....

Configuration:  

Windows 11 Home/ Intel Core i9-12900FRTX 3080 10 GB/ 64GB DDR4-3200/ 2 TB m.2 NVMe/ HP Reverb G2/V2/ Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas/ 

INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT@ross_impress • Instagram-foto's en -video's  (everything about the real flying world, drone and DCS)

(504)Russian plains,77th,Jabbog,169th, is the teams that have been around for some time now, But it dosent meen that you would learn more there then you would in others teams. Most important is not name off the teams, its that you get along whit the people whit in it, almost forgot, look whitch timezones the pilots in that teams are flying, could be that u are sleeping when they have fun :)

• Like 1

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Hi Aeroscout,

I'm sure you would benefit from joining any squadron. As Tek said, the two most important things you should consider from a squad are:

1) Are you in a close enough timezone for the majority of squad events and

2) Do you enjoy the company/cameraderie of the squad members.

I would say these are far more important than the A/C the squadron fly.

The 504th exclusively fly Russian jets and we have a fighter wing (FW) and bomber wing (BW), with both wings operating a 4-part training syllabus (each part has about 6 sessions + a checkride), as well as fun missions and Red Flag with the 44th. We also participate in intersquad matches (more a FW thing than BW).

If you are interested in flying Russian a/c and can participate in events between 1800Z and 2200Z, then please visit our air-to-air or air-to-ground servers and make sure you're on Teamspeak ;) I occasionally visit the A2G server but if you'd like to arrange a flight just PM me. I am not available Tuesday or Thursday evening from 1900-2100Z as these are our regular training slots.

regards

Brewber

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

(504)Russian plains,77th,Jabbog,169th, is the teams that have been around for some time now, But it dosent meen that you would learn more there then you would in others teams. Most important is not name off the teams, its that you get along whit the people whit in it, almost forgot, look whitch timezones the pilots in that teams are flying, could be that u are sleeping when they have fun :)

Well said :thumbup:

[URL="http://www.s77th.com"][/URL]

lol please, tight formation is easy ;)

Following planned standard flight paths maybe but I would not reduce all the work, time and effort some of these squads put into their routines to nothing in a single sentance. Watch some videos by IAT, the virtual blue angels or some similar squad (as you most likely have) and try convincing yourself it's still easy. :P

Agree with EscCtrl....you've just trivialised hundreds of hours of hard practice, patience, mid-air collisions no doubt, and much more.

You're right, flying 1-2 metre apart in a roughly straight line or gentle (30 degree) banked turns is fairly straightforward (with practice) but you can't compare that to the quality the virtual air display teams achieve....and some of us in the 504 know...cos we've spent a bit of time practicing ;)

Originally Posted by Viper101 viewpost.gif

lol please, tight formation is easy ;)

Following planned standard flight paths maybe but I would not reduce all the work, time and effort some of these squads put into their routines to nothing in a single sentance. Watch some videos by IAT, the virtual blue angels or some similar squad (as you most likely have) and try convincing yourself it's still easy. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

...I am having trouble finding a squad that flies both Russian and American birds. (as I like them both)...

Thanks for the info on the 504th and have checked out the site. However, as i quoted my self above, i would like the option to fly both types of planes.

I should have thought of the 169th before... problem is, I live in the eastern US... no where close to the Australian time zone. Are there still 169th events close to my time zone?

Thanks

please...:megalol:

Ive seen some IAT videos and their stunts...they are good. Problem is, I havent seen yours. Don't be bragging until you display the skills...don't pull it off youll look like an idiot.

LOL Viper? formation? i agree with Hitman.

i agree also Hitman but I am not on an aerobatic squadron so I havent done any thing on film.:smilewink:

@graywolf- OMFG its a wolf and hes gay ($hiT I meants "gray":doh:) haha yeah you better watch urself, next time I see you on hyperlobby...instead of joining up with you imma have an AIM-9 with your name on it!:music_whistling: :D

• Like 4

@graywolf- OMFG its a wolf and hes gay ($hiT I meants "gray":doh:) haha yeah you better watch urself, next time I see you on hyperlobby...
What are you gonna do? - Spam useless LOPEd Phoenixes at him like what you got banned for from our server?

You should be careful with your insults, youґre too much of an annoyance to the community to have the rep to spill shiat on one of the boys and get away with it being regarded as friendly teasing.

• Like 1

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"